It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Every cop in town quits after Mexico attack

www.msnbc.msn.com

MEXICO CITY — The entire police force of a small northern Mexican town quit after gunmen attacked their recently inaugurated headquarters, according to local reports on Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It goes on to say...

Los Ramones Mayor Santos Salinas said nobody was injured in Monday night's attack, during which gunmen fired more than 1,000 bullets at the building's facade, according to Noroeste newspaper's website. Six grenades, of which three detonated, were also flung at the building, the newspaper reported.

Any one up for a vacation? Don't forget your sunscreen, kevlar vest, and helmet.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-10-2010 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2010 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Wow, they just quit like that? What a shame.

I guess this is what happens when someone joins the police force for the wrong motives. These people must have joined for the job security, or the ability to be one of the "bug guys" around town. If they had joined in order to make a difference in their community, then they wouldn't quit ... no matter how bad it gets.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If only there were some country in the world that made it their business to "liberate" other countries from oppression.

If we spent half the time and money trying to fix Mexico as we have the big sandbox, immigration issues and stories like this would not exist.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

I don't care if I joined the police force there to cure cancer, a thousand rounds and three grenades is well past the hero/suicidal line.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
what worries me is that this Mexican violence is right on the Texas border, and beginning to spill over. I wish our military would stop trying to start wars everywhere else and protect our own borders. That seems logical ..right?

I don't really blame the police force of that town. Everything is so corrupt, its a catch 22 I suppose. They may upset this gang if they stay , and this other gang if they go.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

There is nothing to gain from protecting the Texas border from Mexico, although it should be the number 1 priority. People in charge of the US really have their # twisted.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Wait you're from Texas? Grow some balls! I'm D/FW area here. Dude, those cartels wouldn't stand a chance trying to invade. The citizens are armed to the teeth, there's militia's everywhere, and we've got our own infantry. If the federal government didn't help in a crunch, screw them. We don't need their crap. Seriously, ain't no damned army of thugs going to try and pull squat around these lands.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

Yeah, really. Why don't they send Blackwater (Xe Services) down there and let them have their "turkey shoots". That kind of violence is right up their alley.
edit on 27-10-2010 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Have not seen a picture like that in a long time.

Here is an interesting tidbit...

An interesting analogy has been presented regarding California’s Proposition 19,... legalization efforts for recreational use which is, will California wipe-out... smuggling into the United States?

Last week, a report from California Think Tank, the Rand Corporation suggested that with all probability the passing of Proposition 19 in the state would virtually eliminate all inbound trafficking...

So what might happen if the Mexican Drug Cartel loses big business from Prop 19?

This leads to the main question and concerns of law enforcement outside the State of California, will California simply take over as the main supplier for the otherwise illegal narcotic to the rest of the U.S.?

worldnewsvine.com...

Something's up....The Rand Corporation is NWO all the way.

Only time will tell, the rising violence in Mexico may have roots that grow really deep, IMO...even beyond the Drug Cartel.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gatorboi117
Wow, they just quit like that? What a shame.

I guess this is what happens when someone joins the police force for the wrong motives. These people must have joined for the job security, or the ability to be one of the "bug guys" around town. If they had joined in order to make a difference in their community, then they wouldn't quit ... no matter how bad it gets.

That is a very judgemental comment which you obviously have not researched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in Honduras and the police earn $400 a month and have to work and be on call for 20 hours a day! They also have to go and live in any part of the country they are sent and are usually rotated every couple of year, so they basically live away from their families at all times. They live in communal rooms sometimes with no roof, no Air conditioning and fly screen. They also usually have to share a bunk with one or two other people!

Would you risk your life on top of all this for a p1ssing $400. I bet police in the us earn that every couple of days! without anything like the risk. I know your police do get shot etc, but down here we have real criminals that will kill you for $25. By that I do not mean to steal it from you, I mean you can pay someone $25 and they will go and kill someone!

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I wonder who all is making a killing supplying the gangs in Mexico with all of the fire power they have at their disposal... Could it possibly be the same folks that have created the market for certain substances by making them unobtainable by laws that are selectively enforced in the U.S.?... It appears to me that what we are seeing going on south of our border is people practicing capitalism by eliminating threats to their way of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.....

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by PayMeh

If we spent half the time and money trying to fix Mexico as we have the big sandbox . . .

Ha, ha, "the big sandbox." That will surely be my favorite quote of the day.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

I live in Honduras and the police earn $400 a month and have to work and be on call for 20 hours a day! They also have to go and live in any part of the country they are sent and are usually rotated every couple of year, so they basically live away from their families at all times. They live in communal rooms sometimes with no roof, no Air conditioning and fly screen. They also usually have to share a bunk with one or two other people!

With all due respect, there is no indication that the police in this Mexican city work under conditions like that. Surely if they did, it would certainly not be worth the risk, but there is no mention of that here.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

by eliminating threats to their way of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness...

A little bit wacky, that statement. They're not practicing capitalism, they are practicing plain old murder.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This Mexican Drug cartel business seems to be getting more and more out of hand. While I appreciate that Texans are armed to the teeth and are one of our border states, I do think the Feds should do more about this. Maybe a joint effort b/n Border Patrol & National Guard? I am suspicious of reasoning that justifies the strengthening of our security state, but I can't blame some in the border states for being so P.O.ed about the lack of federal attention. I really have no beef with people crossing the border to work and improve the lives of their family but it seems we're hearing about more violent incidents involving American lives being affected by these out of control cartels. Mexico, possibly with the help of our gov't, needs to get this problem under control.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
.... I read the article and it stated that there were no injuries so you can't call it murder....... Militant capitalism has always been acceptable as long as it benefited U.S. interest... What is going on in Mexico is providing monetary profits for organized crime in and corporations north of the border, otherwise measures would be taken to put an end to the violence before it crosses over into the border states and beyond.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh
If only there were some country in the world that made it their business to "liberate" other countries from oppression.

If we spent half the time and money trying to fix Mexico as we have the big sandbox, immigration issues and stories like this would not exist.

Because the US has not already meddled in Mexican affairs, right?

Remember their last national elections that were split with the pro-American guy winning? Corruption or social reforms (which several grassroots Mexican groups promote)? They got corruption, because if Mexico has serious problems then it gives the US justification to spend excessive amounts of money on "border security" and the deployment of drones to spy on it's own territory. Where Mexicans suffer from internal strife, the American government sees opportunity.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PayMeh

If the country in question were to make it their business to liberate this other country that's being oppressed, you'd find need to criticize the liberators.

About the Mexican situation, some of the people of Mexico crosses the border into the United States to find tax-free income, while everyone else stays behind to recieve money that's being sent to them from these illeagal immigrants.

Here is the reason that Mexico and the United States are in trouble economically and socially. Liberals on the left and lack of a spine on the right.

The people who want to do right, lack a spine because of the barrage of criticism coming from the left. As long as people are afraid of doing what's right, things like this will continue to happen.

edit on 27/10/10 by Intelearthling because: Append and amend.

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by theregonnakillme

With all due respect, there is no indication that the police in this Mexican city work under conditions like that. Surely if they did, it would certainly not be worth the risk, but there is no mention of that here.

They do, i have friends in Mexico who are police man, they do earn that, they are not feds, not AFI, they're local police man, they earn something from $400 to $500 a month, most of them are not even really prepared and the requisites to join are only high school level education, which some of them don't even have but still were able to join, some drug cartels pay up to $3000 a month to cops, they only have to ignore daily drug activities and to watch up for the rival cartels, that's why there's corruption there, you want your family to have all they need and more, nobody can do that with $400 a month, that's just ridiculous, hence they go for the only choice they have, without proper education, and next to poverty wages, what can they do?

Say, if you go and earn $400 a month, but you have to pay rent, which is about 100 to 200 depending on where you live, you have only 200 left, divide that between 4 weeks... what do to? things are not looking good.

But yeah, i have to clarify, they don't live nearly as bad as those guys in Honduras, at least in Mexico all police man get to go home and they get to chose where to work and live, nobody will send them away, that only happens for people who works on state/afi/federal.

Of course all the Mexican senate gave themselves new ipads and iphones a couple months ago, required for they work they say.

edit on 27-10-2010 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join