It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 classified stealth planes in US inventory

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I was watching the History Channel tonight and saw a show o stealth technology in planes. near the end one of the interviewers stated that he talked to pentagon heads and found out that they are considering some 16 stealth planes to be declassified, 4 of which are manned. They went on to talk about optical stealth which we all know about, but 16! if they are being considered to be declassfied how many other black programs are there? At this point every other country seems to have been blown away by US airpower.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
haha ye i just watched that show and i posted it in the aurora aircraft research project about thirty minutes ago. maybe one of these is the aurora.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
When was the program created? It could be an older show, and some of them could be released. I know that before the Raptor was commisioned, they had two or three different companies make prototypes, and all had stealth technology. I'm not an expert on this, but I have seen something like this show before. Just my $.02

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Pretty recently they included the f-35 and x-45 second prototype.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
well i remember hearing this show was a premiere and it will aire again this week.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Whats the show called?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
It was called "Stealth and Beyond: Aircraft" well mabe not aircraft but the first part was right. It had to be new because they called the raptor the f/a-22 and it has only recently been changed to include the attack designation. it also showed hte raptor in envirenment testing as well as external store testing.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
also when the person talked to Ben rich before he died Ben stated that Lockhhed had things out in the Nevada dessert that if you thought were in star wars were acually being flown. Any one in nevada seen a tie fighter

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
cool may be now we can find out what repaled the SR-71. Theres no way they just scraped that plane unless they had something better. Hopefully soon we can find out were some of are tax dollars went. As stated before if there getting ready to have 16 planes declassified. What do they have classified after this?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Tehy wer considering declassifying them so definintely not all of them will be right now, but some will. The bird of prey was the last declassified plane that i no followed by the Tacit Blue, both of which I have seen.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I just caught the end of that show on the history channel and was amazed at what the head guy at skunk works said. He said we were flying stuff out in the nevada dessert that were 50 years ahead of what we could imagine and that if we seen it in star wars or in sciencefiction we have been there and done that. Then at the end the little teaser that a flying saucer shape is the best shape for a stealth air craft. people have been reporting the flying disk shape for along time and it just happens to be ideal for stealth aircraft makes you think

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I just checked the TV schedule and it looks like the show is on all night.

That comment about being 50 years ahead of what we could imagine is an interesting one. I had a friend in college who's dad worked at Groom Lake and he said the exact same thing. He was in a position to pretty much know everything that was going on there so I believe it.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
I was watching the History Channel tonight and saw a show o stealth technology in planes. near the end one of the interviewers stated that he talked to pentagon heads and found out that they are considering some 16 stealth planes to be declassified, 4 of which are manned. They went on to talk about optical stealth which we all know about, but 16! if they are being considered to be declassfied how many other black programs are there? At this point every other country seems to have been blown away by US airpower.

Just got done watching all 3 "Stealth and Beyond" shows. It had some cool stuff no doubt

One thing to clarify though - the 16 aircraft he was speaking of were the ones that the government was thinking about making declassified. This in no way means that there are only 16 projects. In fact, for the airforce alone I would bet there are many times that number. Also, please keep in mind that not all of these programs are as exotic as one might expect. Some may have to do with such mundane (yet important) things as all wheather performance and mobile communications platforms. You just never know.

The other thing I would like to mention is that the man they interviewed was not in the millitary but claimed to have many sources. He also admitted to being an avid test range watcher. Now, judging from personal experience with people who say they have "reliable inside sources" I would take what he said with a grain of salt. It is very possable that he was A)lied to directly B) given half truths such as the numbers and type of aircraft he was told or C) he outright lied about his source, and in reality has no source at all. This third situation becomes more likely because he said that he is an author on "black" aircraft. Most people in a position to know such things (such as the number and type of black programs) would probably not tell a man about to wright a book classified information.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I just saw all three two. I missed the first to, so I started with the sea ships then went to land then air. Ill tell you one thing, that warrior thing is freakin amazing that makes his stronger. Then the aircraft part at the end was pretty cool when they said that they had 16 aircraft. But, how the hell could they of had stuff like star wars planes, it amazes me.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I just saw all three two. I missed the first to, so I started with the sea ships then went to land then air. Ill tell you one thing, that warrior thing is freakin amazing that makes his stronger. Then the aircraft part at the end was pretty cool when they said that they had 16 aircraft. But, how the hell could they of had stuff like star wars planes, it amazes me.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Saw all 3 last night and they were cool.The part of the 16 programs being considered for declassification was an eye-opener.Imagine what other numbers of black programs are going on.Black world doesn't seem that small afterall.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
also at the end of the show they said that the perfect shape for a stealth plane was a saucer or a disk and they showed a computer animated saucer with the usaf symbol.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Cool! Maybe we'll see how close we were on some of guesses. They say that things are generally kept secret for about 10-20 years. That means most of these "new" planes were probably flying in the 1980's. Reguardless of when the planes are from, they will give us a long awaited window into the Black World. Keep us all posted on these planes. Maybe we can set up a team to investigate and study these aircraft as info becomes avalible. These new revilations might even shed some light on some the planes we been studying here on ATS, such as Aurora.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
wth.... i didnt know there was 3 episodes...i watched the 2 about ships and aircraft...but after that my history channel put mail call on... gay...none the less i cant wait for these 'claimed' 16 black aircraft to be declassified...if and when they do...it will give me something to look forward too...todays technology is BORING the # out of me whenever i wake up and think about the future... i wanna see # like startrek or something.... maybe not that far... BUT ATLEAST SOMETHING #s so milked these days... =p

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
yeah they showed stealth and beyond aircraft then about ships then mail call for an hour then stealth and beyond land warrioe than it was on again at 12 till 4 in the morining.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join