It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS of ATS' ALIENS and UFO Forum***

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+146 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Seems like every few months or so I have to restate this...

This forum is here for the CIVIL discussion of things related to Aliens and UFOs. You will treat your fellow member with respect and CIVILITY or you will not be able to post here anymore.

If the topic your fellow member posted about is not something you agree with, you find horrid, or absolutely HATE, that's fine. Share your opinion in a CIVIL, NON RIDICULING, POLITE way and direct your statements to the TOPIC not your fellow ATSer.

There is another option, if all you have is snarky, snide, or rude comments, KEEP THEM TO YOURSELF.

This forum is a wide open playing field, we have hundreds of new members who are new to this topic, they WILL BE treated with the respect and civility a fellow ATS member deserves.

This applies to people you think may be hoaxing as well. The staff will deal with hoaxers, simply alert the thread/post and we will handle it.

Don't risk your membership by going off on ANYONE, being a rude jerk or hammering on those who haven't had the chance to learn what you have learned yet as that's probably why they came here don't you think? How would YOU have felt if I came down on you the first few days you were a member of ATS?

I am serious about this and we've directed the staff to keep a vigilant eye on this forum and we are asking our members to use the ALERT Button to notify the staff of offending posts.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I see alot of that so i am glad you made this thread.
I can sometimes be a little snarky as well and will try to curb that.
I always make it a point to try to not be snarky about the poster and just the post but either way...its a negative.

The quality of the boards will pick up without the rudeness.
Debate the facts.

+31 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thank you! This should also go for the rest of ATS, especially the 9/11 forum where too much rude behavior goes unchecked.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Bravo. The amount of insults being thrown around lately is beyond insanity.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

hi there springer.

great post.ive just joined ats today as you may already know.ive been putting it off for a very long time as i wouldnt say im the sharpest tool in the tool box.

i put up an introductory thread and was very happy with the way most of the ats members treated me,apart from the odd one or two...which i was shocked to see how fast those comments was removed.very good job on the mods part if you ask me.

thank you.

edit on 26-10-2010 by IAMNOTCRAZY because: i misspelled something.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I've quelled my posts in the UFO section due to the level of rudeness thrown by both sides of the pool.

I do think however that assumptions based purely on hope or unobtainable evidence should be thrown to the Grey area immediately.

There is lots of good wok done here - even if it is sorting out the wheat from the chaff and added hindrance by those who choose to have an unsubstantiated 'higher level' of knowledge without backing up any claims should be held as accountable as those who pick on others because of their beliefs.

It would be much cleaner around here if that were the case.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Good advice Springer and I for one would like to see you do more on the forum, you have a wealth of knowledge and suggest even doing a Conspiracy Chick Interview specifically geared towards re-legitimizing the UFO/Alien Forums that have become at times a playground of foolishness instead of the real meat and potatoes of the search for truth.

Still my favorite forum on ATS.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Don't forget the Ageism..

I find this completely deplorable and evidence of a broken default..

Members are making some categories a taboo.

Prophecies and predictions and the Alien categories seem a like a target for very angry members, I have still not fathomed what these angry members want or why...

Some members see the standards falling here at ATS and they remind us more times than a woodpecker bangs it's beak on a Tree.

I think the only thing you can do Mr Springer is to tickle their feet.

perhaps give them a massage....

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'll try my best.

I'm sorry for my past failures.

MM

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Its nice to know the owner of the site will set a good example by setting the standards high. Its ashame that we are all adults with some young adults as well and we STILL have to be reminded how to act! Its ridiculious how some people just cant resist the urge to use negative and ignorant comments. Peace and love friends, peace and love.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I have said this before in another thread and I think I will post it in here.

What most of the new members don't understand about ATS is that it is a professional site. The amount of research and work they put into sightings is amazing. They will spend days and weeks to find anything that will help to figure out in the discussion of the sighting. They take sightings seriously and demand clear footage of objects.

New members come in and don't understand this.

Something that most members don't realize, I didn't either when I first joined the thread. Most of the members that have been here for awhile, like Springer has stated. Already have more knowledge than you do in this field. It may seem like all they trying to do is debunk your video, but try to listen to them. They have a lot more experience than you ( and me also ) in this. They will explain and provide information to you. Don't disregard it, but read and understand it.

When the El Paso sighting happened, I thought it had to be something out of this world. Phage came in and said it was the Golden Knights. I didn't even try to listen to him, I kept believing in what I saw. But I then realized that he was right. I admitted in my mistake and I thank these members for their knowledge.
edit on 26-10-2010 by MZYYY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Sadly, a well needed reminder...especially after that NYC thing.

I hope this is the last time you need to do this.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Highly doubt your message will have any positive effect whatsoever; Regardless of how stern you make it sound.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

I assure you it will have an effect, either people will abide our Terms and Conditions of Use or they will be banned from posting here.

Simple and works everytime we are made aware of the violations.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Nice one.

Thank you, I just hope ALL people are treated with the same conditions. Whether they be self proclaimed ATS gods or some of the mods best friends...

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Spinger, I'm all for a peaceful site without the brutal angst that has been getting thrown around. I've been a member for 3 years. I've seen it bad, and... I've seen it good.

Sadly though, I just don't see it having a forum-wide affect. Perhaps once, this thread gets a ton of views and posts and flags I may change my opinion. But as of now, it doesn't appear like many people are even responding. Hence, it's getting pushed farther down the page...

edit on 10/26/2010 by agent violet because: typing errors...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I think it would be nice if there was some kind of minimal criteria to keep a topic in the Aliens/UFO forum. For instance, if somebody posts something with a Subject Line along the lines of "OMG! Proof Positive of Alien Visitation! Debunkers Eat It!" and the post is just another YouTube of a blinky dot on a black background, it would be nice if it was quickly shuffled off to the The Gray Area, or someplace more suitable. (Of course if it does show proof positive of alien visitation and debunkers can indeed eat it, then it should stay.)

One of the reasons people get so hostile is that the level of bunk gets so incredibly high, and the same nonsense keeps repeating itself. And people never seem to learn.

Yes, yes, this is just an Internet discussion board, and we all have the option of just clicking somewhere else or doing something outside in the sunshine, but it would be nice if so much garbage wasn't allowed to float around in the forum. Otherwise, going skunk ape on the dopey posters until you get banned for life from this site begins to seem like a perfectly acceptable option.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

That's what BTS was for I think. But I agree on the filtering titles etc.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by agent violet
That's what BTS was for I think. But I agree on the filtering titles etc.

Unfortunately, a lot of people who should be using BTS are not, and don't want to. They don't see exactly how their little slice of video isn't proof of aliens. That's because to them, once you accumulate enough bad evidence it somehow turns into good evidence, and you're free to accept aliens as proven and true.

But it's very hard to educate these folks in the basics of logic and proof. But you can minimize the conflict by quickly moving a particular topic to an area where the discussion can be centered on proof and logic, rather than the lousy "evidence" presented. And if some YouTube video wizard is able to apply better filters and glean better evidence from what is presented, it can always be re-introduced into the Aliens/UFOs forum with a new, more appropriate title.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
yeah because the path to enlightenment is never littered with dissapointment or ridicule....we should round off every sharp corner and layer everyone in bubble wrap.

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join