It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS of ATS' ALIENS and UFO Forum***

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I agree for the most part, its a shame that people who own the site has to come around and announce children behave. At the sometime thou questions or statements about what some member are seeing and some members are not can be translated differently to other people. I do hope this forum is moderated by wise and intelligent people who know the difference between actual insults or just statements. Phage is a good example of what I am talking about, sorry to single you out bud. I don't want the UFO forum to go over the edge either springer. We have a few forum already on that side of huh...

Yet I PREDICT, since my buddy alien bob, from zircon 6 in his spaceship headed to earth seen by the telescope somewhere on earth told me all will be well here in the New and improved UFO forum..

Seriously I am holding my breath...
edit on 26-10-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thanks for that...

Things were getting ugly around here...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have noticed this as well. Never understood the need to be a jerk like some people are. I love this forum and visit it several times a day. In all honesty, I don't post as much as should because of the negative and rude people. Hope some take this to heart.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
hi, im vary new hear and enjoy reading the aliens and ufo forum posts, but have been hesitent to post myself for fear of being ridiculed and harased by outher members just for haveing my own oppinyon . so thanks for the post!

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Thank you! This should also go for the rest of ATS, especially the 9/11 forum where too much rude behavior goes unchecked.

Not to derail the thread but...
you mean when someone doesn't believe in the 9/11 conspiracy theories, they get absolutely torn apart and called sheep?

Anyway,
good thread idea Site Owner.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Well said springer
. I've always respected this site since i discovered it. Just wish some did the same.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thank you SO much for that... Hope it works... I've seriously been limiting my time on here as of late because the UFO forum is one I actually come TO visit... I can hardly stomach it anymore as it always seems there are a few choice members who immediately show up to shoot out condesending remarks, bash the OP for no reason and completely ruin the experience... I don't understand it.. If you don't like the subject, why show up at all?

I hope this works so I can continue to enjoy this site

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hope this goes for the Mods/Admins too. After all, who watches the watchmen???

2nd line.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Thanks for that...

Things were getting ugly around here...

Actually its kinda sad he had to do that..

And they'll have to do it again...

And again...
and again...
and again...... Its a shame Its easier for people to be ignorant, and harder for people to learn how to be intelligent.

speaking of intelligence.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
May I make a suggestion?

Have more moderators that aren't tied to U.S. timezones. Yes, we've got lots of mods that aren't, but not enough. There always seems to be 'dark' periods where little moderation happens, and then 'boom', a whole bus load turn up. Talking of buses...

Rev.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I've only been a member for a week but some times people need to realize its actually easier and less work for them to not type anything at all, rather than completely # on some threads.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Experience: I do work with this subject at a daily basis. My experience after working together with many friendly historians and archaeologists and fellow scientists is that there is no doubt in their existence.

Fact:

You are a human, you are apart of a galaxy among other galaxies, You as a human yourself, are an extra terrestrial.Well welcome to the rank of extra terrestrials.

UFO? Unidentified flying objects? Well that is just a flying object that you cannot identify. Simple as that. If you cant see it clearly,its a UFO.

Has the government made flying objects with their own technology?yes, you might have used them traveling abroad,or you might have seen one in a war.

Do other extra terrestrials have flying objects ? Yes they do, they need one to travel about amongst other things, similar to another extra terrestrial race ..Humans.

---------------

edit on 26-10-2010 by Archirvion because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2010 by Archirvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Does this apply to the same hacky jokes I see time-and-time again in EVERY UFO thread, where we'll have a good 5-12 posts of members being sarcastic, by saying, "oh, it must be swap gas. I guess it's just Venus. Must be lanterns. Must be flairs. Can't wait for the dis-info agents to come in, etc etc"? And this is all because a video looks somewhat convincing. The second I see these jokes being made, I just bail out of the thread, cause I know how I'll be treated, if I'm trying to get to the truth within the video, which includes questions and hypothesis.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thanks a lot for bringing this up, It has been on my mind for a while. The problem is that its not just the UFO forum that this attitude is displayed in, its in pretty much any thread where people can form an opinion based on speculation or anywhere where someone shares their beliefs.

I really do feel for the staff of ATS at the moment as they must have to do a lot more work to combat ignorance and trolling than is really required if everyone abided by the T&C. If you need any more staff I think their are plenty of good candidates that I have seen. Also, I have had quite a lot of experience in moderating forums for games and such.

Either way, something definitely does need to change. I really do hope people heed your words Springer, as it would make the whole experience at ATS a lot nicer and a lot more productive. When I first joined ATS it was a lot more like this.

Now, its a completely different story, with threads getting derailed with spam and trolls on a regular basis.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Well I would really like to see some of the members opinions on some of the recent threads as of late about what they think the UFO is, specifically maybe the one with the helicopters flying around it, if you do not mind it would be nice to see some member research going on on some of the really good ones. If that is not to much to ask. I will be one of the first if I am online to report anyone insulting a member over their opinion. Its ok to disagree but make it debatable so we can get more information about the debate and just maybe, learn something!
edit on 26-10-2010 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
i think this is a solid simple plan. if it does indeed have the cajones it looks like it might, it could really make a difference. watching the inexperienced get flamed, while entertaining, definitely slows down the discussion. there is some ridiculous stuff getting thrown up on the board as of late and i can see why folks get frustrated and feel the need to punish, but its almost become a sport for some of the more agile members. you couldnt sit in a meeting and talk to the other members like that. i dont see why we shouldnt be just as respectful.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Well, hopefully there is a difference between poking fun at or ridiculing a theory verses a person.
I dont ridicule people...but if some idea is truely stupid, I will gladly poke some fun at it...usually making a point about the subject matter at hand while in the light humor...

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Man, the thread topic got my attention! I thought it was breaking news at first. ;P Good topic either way.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this as it deserves everyone's attention. I tend not to see the arrogant behavior of the usual suspects on this forum because I tend to stick to the threads where these individuals never tread as they avoid the good topics like the plague (99% of the pseudo-skeptics on this forum do this). Quite a large amount of threads on this forum are pure junk, but I don't go out of my way to prove they are so, I bite my lip and move on to the better threads. I can understand the pain these people are going through though, it's understandable seeing that 90% of the Aliens and UFO forum is outlandish tripe, but it's not an excuse to derail someones thread by posting arrogance and egotistical wit; no matter how silly or mundane the thread appears to you.

I see "Drive-by Pseudo-Debunking" has become common place here now instead of actually taking the time to properly present ones opinion or explanation in a civil manner. One line arrogant opinions are often left in threads with no evidence or basis to back up those statements. The types of people leaving these opinions know what they are doing as they traverse a fine line between attacking the subject and attacking the author. Instead of attacking the author of a thread or a post, they attack a large group of the "UFO community" or the "UFO community" as a whole. This is apparently acceptable according to the forums mods, but it shouldn't be. This tactic is ever prevalent and in no way should be acceptable as a form of "discussion". DEBATE the topic and quit ATTACKING the UFO community as a whole. PROVE something is "bunk" or "fake" by countering with logical debate and presentation, don't just sit there firing of arrogant one liners as you only earn the label pseudo-skeptic when you do so.

These same types again and again fail to impress as again and again they go after the most mundane and outlandish of topics to try and debunk. As if somehow trying to draw attention to themselves, they repeatedly claim "victory" and ALL UFO phenomenon bunk after pathetically attempting to prove the most silly of threads are indeed silly, something most of us with half a brain already knew. It gets old and tiresome.
edit on 26-10-2010 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2010 by Jocko Flocko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

My mother taught me "if you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all" it's a shame other ats members's mothers never taught them the same.

I am fine with being civil and respecting others, just not when they disrespect you, or send you a private message, telling you how stupid your country is and how great thiers (american) is.

This is a fools hope, but all i want is a more sane ats, where topics can be disussed at free will and on an intellectual level, not cheap name calling, that proves nothing other than you are an idiot who resorts to name calling.

Some people seem to find it acceptable to say rude things, if you believe in one idea and not another, this process has repeated itself since the dawn of man, personally i dont not believe we are fully evolved, so issues like this for bound to arise, for hundreds if not thousands of years. If only we could evolve sooner, without geneticlly altering our DNA

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join