It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia + USA =World domination

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
how is it going to fail if the battery goes dead it can still fire the ammo and you won be able to program the grenade but it will still explode on contact so I don't see any problems with it.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Yeah but remember when they said the titanic couldn't sink?. If the battery goes out its safe but a number of other things could happen. Frankly I just don't trust my computer. Not with things with spyware. Its only a matter of time before somebody finds out how to hack onto the grenade launcher.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
No one has yet explained how Russia could be spending $60 billion on military with a $400 billion GDP; that is 15%. (No. it is not ppp; everything is in gross terms. That's right: don't even bring up ppp.)

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
who will hack into it some third world terrorist and do we have any computer experts here on ATS is it possible to hack into that gun.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   
not every person you fight is a thrid world terrorist and some terrorist are actually more schooled than you and I.
also the same thing applies with the raptors hacking abilities for it to happen one person needs to be focussed on hacking

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
As was said before, its to advanced and complex... the M16 was, and look how bad that turned out... then again look at the AK-47 ingenius design... yet simple and effective.

Also have you thought about an EMP Bomb? If one of those went off the gun would explode... there ya go and EMP bomb took out an ENTIRE armies arsenal. *Clap Clap* well done america now what #HOLE are you in? *100 Men pop out with AK-47s* =P

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Squid
As was said before, its to advanced and complex... the M16 was, and look how bad that turned out... then again look at the AK-47 ingenius design... yet simple and effective.

Also have you thought about an EMP Bomb? If one of those went off the gun would explode... there ya go and EMP bomb took out an ENTIRE armies arsenal. *Clap Clap* well done america now what #HOLE are you in? *100 Men pop out with AK-47s* =P

The gun wouldn't explode, look up the effects of EMP. They could just as easily use a real bomb and kill the people involved, rather than disable certain functions of their weapons.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   
it wouldnt exsplode but it could screw up the things inside
think about the wireing if it caught fire.
no one knows what the exstent of the damage would be if an EMP bomb

[edit on 1-7-2004 by devilwasp]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
A EMP pulse would most likely just fry the Electronics in the OICW the only effect that would have on the gun would be it would lose it air burst in its gernades as you could no longer program the distance for burst. I sure wouldnt want one of those metal storm guns like Australlia is considering making for there next gen gun the gernade part of that gun atleast if it was hit by a EMP pulse that thing would be a nice paper weight after that.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
why do people bother with complex chips and such for an air burst grenade?
you keep it simple and it will alwyas work

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Exactly, If a weapon looses all/some its functions in the middle of battle... your either majorly screwed or your not using a weapon as effective, however with a simple thing. If somthing goes wrong (which not much can go wrong) you know how to fix it (like the AK-47 excellent gun)... Sure technolgy CAN be the way forward somtimes... but most of the time it will just screw you in one way or the other.

E_T

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   

"If we slide into one of those rare moments of military honesty, we realize that the technical demands of modern warfare are so complex a considerable percentage of our material is bound to malfunction even before it is deployed against a foe. We no longer waste manpower by carrying the flag into battle. Instead we need battalions of electronic engineers to keep the terrible machinery grinding."
-Ernest K. Gann

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Every thing that is simple isnt always the best should we turn all the bombs in the US back into dumb bombs instead of smart bombs because a small amount of them malfunction? Im sure back when the gun first was invented there were some people who complained that it was to complicated and that it would break and stuck with there old reliable simple swords that didnt have any parts to brake like the early guns.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
As i said technology isnt ALWAYS the way forward... it is on some things (eg - gunpowder, smart bombs... ect) but the M16 looses to the AK-47
and the AK-47 is very simple machinary, unlike the M16...

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
an EMP bomb id like to see someone try and make that and if its chip doesn't work of well it can still fire grenade and regular rounds don't see much problem with that so what's the problem its a great gun.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
an EMP bomb isnt far off, a nuclear blast would give you an EMP effect.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
well if any US soldiers are in the area and the enemy launches a nuclear missile then you don't need a gun cuz once you see ICBM's flying its pretty much over.

E_T

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I would say unless the EMP bomb starts the wiring on fire or the battery explodes then the gun should still work like an Ak with grenades. But yeah your screwed if the battery blows. Plus what if you could somehow hack into the gun and tell a grenade to detonate. Then your kinda screwed like that scene in X-Men 2 were the one guy causes all the grenade pins to come out and all the grenades explode while there in the soldiers pouches on their vest.

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
hey CB this isn't the X-men its real life and I don't thinks is possible to hack into the gun I could be wrong but any computer hackers on ATS want to prove me wrong.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join