It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of balloons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
As a child I loved balloons. They phased out of my life a bit with an enjoyable surprise at a yearly party or so. Of late they have come back with a vengeance. Now every day I am confronted with a video by some guy with a video camera with more fracking balloons. Technically though I suppose when the balloon gets too high to identify as a balloon and the resolution becomes bad enough it truly qualifies as "unidentified." I now hate balloons.
edit on 25-10-2010 by yoesse because: "whacko with a video camera" too offensive. Milder language substituted.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by yoesse

Its not the balloons fault.

Hi

Im KrypticCriminal, payed up member of the balloon apreciation society, UK wing.

I see where your coming from but some people do believe that what they are seeing are UFO's, they for the best part only film them so they can show others and get another take on things. Id have to say that i hate chinese lanterns more. They're far more of a blight on Ufology than balloons ever will be.

I dont think people will apreciate being called wacko's with cameras either, so i would change that if i was you. Just chill out about it.

Yes its a pain in the ass, but so are many things in life.

Peace.
edit on 25/10/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The funny thing is, a little common sense goes a long way.

You see a bunch of unidentified bright objects floating in the sky....what's your first thought?

1. A fleet of UFO's?
2. A bunch of balloons.

If it's 1, you may want to reconsider your grip on reality (or verify you are Jamie Maussan)...

If it's 2, you realize that it's best to examine the more mundane explanations, BEFORE leaping to the fantastic. The fantastic should only be entertained when more mundane explanations can be ruled out for logical reasons. In other words, if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....it's probably just a duck....

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah your right, a little common sense does go a long way.

You would think with all the flack that people get on sites like these when their vids are'nt up to scratch, or are easily debunkable. They would take due care to make sure that what they film is'nt something like Balloons as the OP mentioned.

I think some people are searching for proof so bad, that it definatley clouds their judgment on some occations. Then theres those who just want the attention.

There should be some kind of standards commitee that looks at videos, before they ever get released. Somwhere you can send your vids first so you can avoid looking like an amature.

Then again, who's to decide what constitutes a real UFO from that which can easily be explained? I suppose the only way you can find out is by releasing it and seeing what others make of it.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Im sick of Youtube and the constant #e that people keep posting on there, balloons, planes, chinese lanterns etc...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

Very nice reply. I appreciate your humor and understanding. Yea the "whacko with a camera" really was over the top. Sorry to any offended.

yoesse is considering starting a balloon society here in Austin.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Common sense

On Here?

Surely you jest!

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I do apologise. My kids and I set off a couple of lanterns last night. So if you were in the Manchester area and excitedly soiled your pants when seeing a bright white UFO closely being chased by a blue UFO heading a southerly direction well you know who is their commander. I didn't take any photographs because well, I didn't need to.

If I had released a third one, I'm sure there would be a post on here about the 'Manchester UFOs' forming triangle shapes in the sky and how they couldn't possibly be lanterns because lanterns don't do that sort of thing!

You may hate balloons, but I bet you hate the people who release them even more!

edit on 25/10/10 by Daisy-Lola because: added a little extra at no extra cost

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by yoesse

Why not?

Theres those who apreciate cheese, or fine wine. Why not balloons?

I can understand what people mean by Youtube aswell. That is a black hole of balloons, planes and RC models of all veriety. I dont even traul through them anymore looking for little gems. It just gets too tediouse. You start to question whether any of whats been recorded has been genuine.

Im quite happy to pick up on new cases that others bring to the forums. So you know exactly what your dealing with, when it happened and where. Its the only way to explore the topic and maintain your sanity.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

Your joking right?

I had a super thread planned about those two "UFO's", i was building my case. Collecting witness statements, looking in to newspaper reports. Determined that this was'nt going to be debunked as Chinese lanterns.

Are you sure, you released them?
Are you sure you were'nt persuaded by the Gov to release this explanation?
Nick Popoe has'nt got to you has he?

Im surprised there has'nt been a thread on it myself.
Definatley three the next time eh!
edit on 25/10/10 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Then again, who's to decide what constitutes a real UFO from that which can easily be explained? I suppose the only way you can find out is by releasing it and seeing what others make of it.

Only YOU, the reader, can decide for yourself what is a real UFO (as in unidentified or possible alien craft) vs. mundane phenomena...
Each person has to weigh the evidence for themselves, and then come to a conclusion, even if that conclusion remains simply as "unidentified"...

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by yoesse

I have to agree - it seems that the bulk of the videos I catch on Youtube or posted here in the past year have been, for the most part, obvious balloons (or Chinese lanterns, airplanes, etc.). The NYC event I'm still on the fence over, but it doesn't keep me up at night.

I don't understand what happened in the past 10 years - I remember that back in the 90s, I could catch erratic sky activity on a nightly basis here in the Appalachian Mountains. By erratic sky activity, I mean objects (lights) moving so quickly and changing direction so sporadically you couldn't help but hum the opening bar to Star Wars.

It seems like I never see videos of that kind of thing anymore - it's always just these lazy objects hovering in a single spot, which makes me more and more judgmental when it comes to the videos these days.

Or the aliens are huge fans of Nena...You know, "99 Luft Baloons".
edit on 25-10-2010 by Fryaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I know what you mean but you've taken it out of context. Probably my fault i have a habbit of typing quicker than i "think"

What i meant was, how does the person who's recording the event verify this. If they cant make a judgment call and then release it. Only to find out it is a balloon. Their mind will be at rest, but the rest of us have to watch another boring balloon video.

I guess what im saying is, its not always the person filming the balloons fault.

Got there in the end.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

True. I'm just saying that it's better (if you filmed, and don't know what it is), to just say you don't know, vs. jumping to the conclusion of it being alien spacecraft.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Ok I have to say this out loud. What hapenned in New York city this month, was not, I reapeat NOT some balloons. NOT!

I agree with OP that this is very rediculous to see objects moving between each other at speeds and velocity that are just so impressive, but then to consider it is balloons or swamp gas, is the usual "These are not the droids you are looking for".

I'm sick and tired of this bull# reaction. People even when confronted with something true, cannot even start to grasp and accept what they are seeing. Well continue to see your world as flat. I choose to see it as just on planet inside a never ending universe. It is IMPOSSIBLE that we are alone. Statistically impossible.

Now these lights that have been appearing for a long time, are not balloons. They are not wheather balloons either. They are not a figment of your imagination. They are actual UFO's. Unidentified Flying Objects. They are unidentified by us, but ask any part of the US air force and NASA, NORAD, and such, and they will deny anything ever happened.

The only reason this is hapenning , is because YOU are not ready to believe that santa claus does not exist. You prefer to live in a fairy tale. So that is exactly why YOU will never know the truth.

So yeah no balloons ..... Cause I want to believe

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thats where the common sense you mentioned comes in to it.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I am Puzzled

Why the difficulty in understanding what is going on?

Since Roswell the Government has been saying "It's only BALLOONS"

Then along came ATS to tell people "No it's NOT only BALLOONS"

Now today ATS is saying "I'm tired of all the BALLOONS"

Seems the government BALLOON story wins...

If I was the Government I would pay some people a few bucks to release BALLOONS after every prediction of aliens about to appear.

Now if I was doing it, I might use these BALLOONS

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3365a5a67e14.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by KpxMarMoTT

I'm glad you did say it out loud! I'm in agreement with you as to the certainty (mine) that UFOs (alien) exist. What is tedious is balloon footage.

With the hype in the media / entertainment industry of late many videos are flying
onto youtube. I know I used to be in my teens and making a balloon UFO video would have been considered at the top of the list for fun. Perhaps I am jaded but this is all hysteria being fomented either in jest or part of a larger campaign to get viewers to watch more alien movies / tv.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Balloons are safe.
Ever see planes or helicopters near UFOs.
Have you now.
Show me an accepted UFO with any close aerodynamic vehicle.
Planes are far away making a smoke screen is about the extent of
the involvement.

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yoesse
As a child I loved balloons, I now hate balloons

Come on yoesse, hating balloons will not change a thing in UFO land, it’s all in the game so to say
And it’s most likely not as bad as this.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/64489b55ba06.jpg[/atsimg]

I personally think the US AIR FORCE is trying to mislead us.

So let it go, forget it, and look only to the funny side of balloons, inflate for the first birthday party or any other party you are going to celebrate a dozen of these and enjoy yourself.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/354fdd6b2800.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 25/10/10 by spacevisitor because: Add some text

top topics

<<   2 >>

join