It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: American Marine Taken Hostage in Iraq, Tape Shows Threats of Beheading

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretwise
they know full well that the administrations will not negotiate with so-called terrorists,

that CIA is behind all this!
That's right. If these Islamic Militant Groups are smart, they will already have realized, by various reporting and Governmental policies, that there is no such thing as negotiations. Now, we, the people, must realize these Militants of Islam may not be who they purport to be. They definitely are not serving to remove the 'occupants' of Iraq, and we, the people, should realize this by now, by the amount of beheadings that have already taken place.

If it's taken into account that these publicized beheadings are of course not going to change the policy of the occupying forces of Iraq to the advantage of the Islamic Militants, we can then assume these streams of beheadings are for the people of the respective countries who are occupying Iraq right now. These beheading scenarios are not directed and intended for the Bush Administration or other Governments, it is intended to affect the average citizen of the respective occupying forces who watch the news. It is all psychological operations for us to believe that the 'terrorist' is alive and willing to kill, that they are dangerous to us.

These beheadings publicized are accomplishing nothing for the Islamic Militants, yet it is wonderful work for the Occupying Forces of Iraq, especially the White House.

I have a question. If the United States Government does not decide to do anything to rescue this Marine, would that mean they'd be willing to sacrifice this guy for a beheading, to help put us under another Psychological Operation? I think that maybe they would. If the Government of U.S has nothing to say on the matter, I'll only assume they sacrificed this guy like they did with the others.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
no matter what his name is or rank is the marines will go in and rescue him. marine recon will go in and kick some ass.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
My god, Are we going to be faced with this kind of news on a day by day basis?

The beheading of the week if you will?

I just do not get it.. terrorists who push their agenda or cause through bombings, hijackings, and suicide attacks.. But now following the strong global reaction to Nick Berg's beheading it would seem these "Terrorists" are driven to use this as one of their main tactics.

There does seem to be a very unusual feeling to all of this though I can't put it into words.. It all just seems very strange.

Again as in the other cases I hope this one has a good ending but I have come to expect the worst from these animals.

Thoughts and prayers with the victims and families that is the best we can do.

Gazz

We do not have enough on this hostage situation to make an educated guess as to how they captured him. My guess is that even thou he has a Muslim name, it is very possible he is a good Muslim/American, this would be for radical Islamists like killing an infidel, bad Muslims (those that do not follow the radical view of Islam) are treated as if they were non-Muslim.

This kind of situation happens daily in the Middle East. It started happening in Israel, then Sudan..most people in the world have no idea the extent as to what is happening in Sudan. Non-Muslim blacks are being literally exterminated by radical Islamists who are founded and backed up by terrorist governments. Since the 1980s there has been a Jihad waged on Sudan, and in Israel it started before that.

There have been about 200,000 non-Muslim blacks that have been killed by extremists Arabs and over a million have been driven from their homes.

Now they are waging these jihads in other parts of the Middle East. The way this keeps going, it will continue to escalate until something is done about it.

We can also see that they are starting to recruit extremists even in countries of the coalition, like Britain, and even in the States, including France where they have detained people who were accused of being terrorists.

This is not something made up by the western governments. This has been happening for a long time and will continue to do so. Taking the war to those countries where most extremists are, will make sure that we at least slow them down, and eventually, if we stay our course we might give the radicals a blow that would cripple them.

If people do not believe that radical Islam is a problem, do a search on Sudan and Rwanda. Osama himself said what groups like his are trying to do. He even said it in an interview in 1995. They were thinking on how to fight against the US and the west in general, even when we were helping them fight against the Russians.

[edit on 27-6-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

REUTERS - Iraqi Militants Threaten to Kill Captured U.S. Marine

A Marine Corps identity card (BOTTOM) named him as Wassef Ali Hassoun and Jazeera said he was of Pakistani origin. Al Jazeera television said a group calling itself the Islamic Response Movement, the security wing of the '1920 Revolution Brigades', had kidnapped the U.S. Marine after luring him from a U.S. base. Photo by Al Jazeera/Reuters

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Everyone keeps saying, Delta Force will get him, or Marine Recon will get him. What about Nick Berg and Paul Johnson? Since they weren't in the military, they don't deserve to be rescued? I think it's very ignorant to say that since he is a Marine, now the military is going to rescue a hostage. I'm sure they try to rescue everyone American they can, and just don't go into action when a military member is captured.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I agree that this is very suspicious! I was surprised when it seemed they had abducted a Muslim!! Plus the fact that they did take him from a base! There are just some things that don't add up!

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Olivia
Fox News is qouting senior military officials as saying the Marine is missing and "may have deserted his unit" as he has been absent from his unit for over a week.

deserted, that is very convenient isnt it if they plan to leave him there to get his head chopped off.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
A Pakistani/American muslim fighting for the US Marines. Recipe for a beheading if I have ever seen one. If all of this turns out to be legit, I hope this guys situation flips and there is a happy ending, but quite honestly I fail to see how this winfall for the terrorists will escape their clutches.

Ive constantly read on these forums from multiple Americans how muslims are evil and that "we need to wipe these savages off the face of the earth" etc. etc. Well here is one of your "evil muslims", blindfolded and suited up in Marine BDU's awaiting a blade to his neck.

Now I'm hearing from some of you about how "fishy" this is, when those others who are suspicious of the Berg/Johnson/Kim Sun-Il murders (with far more information than you have here) were slapped back down by you as loonies.

Welcome to ignorance denial.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
no matter what his name is or rank is the marines will go in and rescue him. marine recon will go in and kick some ass.

yea i agree, whatever his descent/religious beliefs, he is a US marine and i really hope they get him out. but do they know where to look for him?

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I would wait untill there is more information on this...concrete info that is....
I saw a report earlier that he had been missing for 3 weeks, then it was changed. Info is coming , going, changing, this does not make sense. I wish for once someone with a Press Pass would not ask the "Submitted" question and just try to get to the root and truth of the matter. I have seen some ask Bush a question he was not prepared for, and was like a deer in the headlights, I don't know how Rice, Rumy or anyone else would react.

I think the thing is we really do not know who we are dealing with. Everything has gone from US Psy-Ops, CIA, Mossad, and everyone and their Mom claiming to be part of or representing Al-Qaeda. I still want to bring attention to the Islamic Jihad online magizine of Al-battar that was released end of May, early June regarding Kidnappings. Al-Qaedas online publication is "Voice of Jihad" , and has nothing to do with Al-battar.

It could be almost like a kid sees how to make a bomb online, then makes one and does something stupid with it. There are many people around the world who hate America, and other countries involved, who have access to the internet and can read about How to take Hostages and so-forth.

My understanding is that Al-Qaeda has never "Bargained" for something, they use surprise and attack without Publicly announcing what it would be. The fact that OBL has not been heard from makes this harder to understand that Al-Qaeda is behind this.

The fact is people are being killed, and it will not stop. As long as any country is occupying Iraq, or any other country for that matter, these otrocities will continue.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
We weren't occupying Iraq when 9-11 occured.

The violence of these people isn't just directed at US citizens either.

They believe in their cause and will destroy the whole world to prove their point.

The US has taken the stance to "weed out the terrorists". Other than catching them in the act, how do you do this? People live in their heads and you can't just look at a group of people and spot the terrorists.

The American citizens who are over in Iraq KNOW the threats they face, weither military personnel or civilians. The civilians have a choice weither to be there or not.

To say this violence occurs because we are occupying their space is ridiculous. The real reason they attack is because they hate in the name of their God and believe everyone else is an infidel and they will be rewarded in the afterlife for destroying these infidels.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Everyone keeps saying, Delta Force will get him, or Marine Recon will get him. What about Nick Berg and Paul Johnson? Since they weren't in the military, they don't deserve to be rescued? I think it's very ignorant to say that since he is a Marine, now the military is going to rescue a hostage. I'm sure they try to rescue everyone American they can, and just don't go into action when a military member is captured.

I'm sure you're right.(well I hope so anyway!). They would at least attempt to rescue ANY hostage if they knew where they were.

The thing is the "band of brothers" principle, i.e. looking out for each other no matter what, is a core tenet of US (and many other countries) military culture, certainly at rank and file level. It's a vital component to maintain moral. That's why I believe there will be a lot of determination in this case to save the guy.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Okay I am not going to disclose too much here, but there are reasons why the Goverment is intentionally releasing false information about this guy and what happened.

If they were to tell the truth, it might jepordize this marines life.

I pray that he will see this through in one piece.

And yes, there is something about a marine that makes him "more recoverable" then a normal citizen.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I understand you completely, robertfenix. and I think you're right. We should wait now, rather than speculating.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
well if he deserted his unit then got caught wandering around maybe he did not want to kill Muslims so he deserted his unit what will they do if they rescue him I know this sound like a harsh thing but will he face any consequences because he deserted his unit and you all know what the price for being a deserter is.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
News Story updates situation on the abducted Marine.

Kimmitt said the Marine had gone on an "unauthorized absence" around June 21 -- and that officials suspect he may have been heading to Lebanon. The general didn't give more details.

Some of Ali Hassoun's relatives, including his father, Ali Hassoun, and a brother, Sami, are in Tripoli, Lebanon. The relatives said contacts were under way with politicians and Muslim clerics in Lebanon and Islamic groups in Iraq to secure the Marine's release.

Story

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Threat to behead U.S. Marine hostage
By Chris Tomlinson in Baghdad
June 29
INSURGENTS threatened to behead a US Marine and a Pakistani driver they had kidnapped unless the Americans release all Iraqis in "occupation jails."
The threat arrvied via a videotape on Arab television. Turkey rejected demands by militants holding three Turkish hostages in a separate standoff.
news.com.au...

Sanc'.

[edit on 28-6-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think the US is spinning this B.S. story of him possibly deserting his unit to cover their a$$e$. They know they can't save him and a "good" marine beheaded will make the US military look very incompetent. This way it looks like he gets what he deserved. It's pathetic. Meanwhile these evil terrorists and the peaceful/innocent/good hearted muslim culture harboring them get my tax money. Screw that. I don't mind being lied to by my President but don't blow my hard earned $$$ like this!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrdependable
I don't mind being lied to by my President but don't blow my hard earned $$$ like this!

MRD', i don't understand how you think it's ok to be b/s by ones Gov'?...
and then complain about taxes.
Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mako0956
We weren't occupying Iraq when 9-11 occured.

I never said we were.

To say this violence occurs because we are occupying their space is ridiculous.

So you are saying that even if Iraq was not taken over that these Kidnappings would be taking place? Now that is ridiculous. What hit the US on 9-11 and what is going on in Iraq are two different things. If you believe Al-Qaeda hit the US on 9-11 then you would have to agree that OBL is their Leader. He has not come out and said anything about any of this. These are Radicals wanting to be part of something, and claiming ties with Al-Qaeda. Al-Qaeda has not issued any statements as to who is affiliated with them. Even Al-Zaqarwi is Assumed to have ties with Al-Qaeda. The violence in Iraq would not be going on at this level if we were not there.

Edit to fix tag

[edit on 28-6-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join