It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: American Marine Taken Hostage in Iraq, Tape Shows Threats of Beheading

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
Okay I am not going to disclose too much here, but there are reasons why the Goverment is intentionally releasing false information about this guy and what happened.

If they were to tell the truth, it might jepordize this marines life.

I pray that he will see this through in one piece.

And yes, there is something about a marine that makes him "more recoverable" then a normal citizen.

the only good reason i can think of why theyre saying hes a deserter is to make him seem to be against US policy etc etc.

what if those guys ask him so where were you headed to when you deserted them and hes thinking wht the **** are they talking about?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Sanctum I could care less about Iraq. I don't care that Bush lied to invade the country. Invade the entire region I don't care just don't use my $$$ to do it. I earned that money in the US the hard way and I sure as hell expect it to be put to good use in the US. Or better yet save the friggin money for America's future.....not Iraq's. Somehow we got stuck with the lion's share of the bill and that pisses me off. Straight down the drain what a joke! At least with Saddam in power there was order in the country and a stable supply of oil and guess what it wasn't costing us diddly. Sure glad all the torture and violence has stopped.....what a great investment

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
For the sake of argument, (since i honestly don't buy this al-zarqawi crap, but dont of course KNOW if its true or not) lets say it is "us" doing these beheadings. Who would be the most likely to be beheaded among US soldiers...oh.. I know! I know!...a Muslim deserter...THATS who we would "kill". Maybe he's a spy for "al-Zarqawi". Im sorry, I dont care what he is, whoever is doing these beheadings is a breed of monster all their own...Is this the wave of the future? Is this what we have bred in Iraq? I pray that this IS some band of terrorists and not who it looks like it may be more every day. My prayers are with his family...and with the hostage. With all of them. Im saying it again, if anyone in the United States has anything to do with these beheadings, all is lost.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You're right, Lily. They are all throw-aways.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If he was deserting or even going AWOL why is he still wearing his BDUs?
Seems like he would have changed clothes within the first half mile away.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Maybe Delta Force would like to rescue him - If he is being held in Iraq - but if he is being held somplace like Tibriz (Iran) then the poor guy doesn't stand a chance.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join