It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You a Serial Killer? Is There A Serial Killer On ATS Right Now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Profiling Serial Killers...

The daydreaming, which is brought on by an over productive imagination, tends to lead the way into the general fantasy world that the serial killer begins to live in to protect himself from any isolation he is faced with. At an early age, if a child is left alone, or forced to live in isolation whereby little attention is given to them for long periods of time, their minds become the object of their company, and thus begin the daydreams and the fantasy world (Ressler, Douglas and Burgess, 1990).This kind of isolation tends to breed feelings of inadequacy in some way or other in all serial killers. These feelings maybe masked by numerous artificial successes, but these feelings run deeper than the normal neurotic feelings of not being good enough. Essentially, these early life attachments which are known as ‘bonding’, set up a map by which the child will in later life react to others. In such cases, the children do not learn how to interact properly within their society, and at best, turn into mirror images of their isolators. A prime example of this can be seen in the case of Ed Kemper, whose mother condemned him to the basement of their home at the tender age of ten in fear that he would molest his younger sister (though he had not given his mother any reason to think this). Confused and angry as to why he was suffering this punishment, he turned to his fantasies, which may have started out as ‘normal’, but with the continued isolation they quickly became his dominant world.

Does this remind you of yourself, or anyone you know?

The F.B.I has its own list, but due to its unavailability I have prepared my own. Traits that should be looked at when trying to decide if a person is a potential killer include: Social withdrawal, abnormal dependence’s on ones mother or ulcerated relations with ones parents, hypochondria or other attention seeking behavior including forms of clothing, delusional mind as to grandeur, severe depression, a general feeling of emptiness as to the future, inability to take criticisms, a general feeling of being mistreated, inability to assert ones self, parental taunts as to ones inability to be sufficient (or as I prefer to call it - the Hitchcock ‘Psycho’ syndrome), mood disorders, and a general failing in attempts to succeed. Of course these are very general points, and even if someone had the majority of these (as I do), it would not necessarily mean that they would become serial killers, it is only meant as a point of reference.

How many of these people have been a part of the ATS demographic without our knowledge? How many are now apart of this demographic? How many are reading this thread?

I have personally met people who fit this description within my personal life, have they killed? I don't know... I guess you never really know who anyone ever is. In the article it states, "Ultimately, it is virtually impossible to detect a serial killer.". That is a scary notion. The article also talks about fantasizing. The reason i found this to be a crucial element of ATS is obvious.... How many of you fantasize about scenarios involving you and whatever is happening, weather it be the end of the world, or you rescuing someone, or even, attacking someone who has wronged you?

edit on 24-10-2010 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Thanks for the great read. It just gets me when one is caught, the people he/she knew always say how nice the killer was: "He was such a nice guy." Anybody could be one.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I know these stretched the definition of the accepted profiles....
Eileen Wuornos en.wikipedia.org...

FBI profiler Robert K. Ressler mentioned Wuornos only briefly in his autobiographical history of his 20 years with the FBI. Writing in 1992, he said he often does not discuss female serial killers because they tend to kill in sprees instead of in a sequential fashion.[39] He noted Wuornos as the sole exception.[39] Ressler, who coined the phrase serial killer[40] to describe murderers seeking personal gratification, does not apply it to women killing in postpartum psychosis or to any murderer acting solely for financial gain, such as women who have killed a series of boarders or spouses.

The Green River Killer - He killed a girl in the woods while his young son waited in the truck.... told his son he was walking her home. Maintained a family and a steady job for over 30 years.

And this latest...the Canadian Air Force guy...
www.tulsaworld.com...

He was a Canadian air force officer with a brilliant future, a man entrusted with flying prime ministers and Queen Elizabeth II. On Monday, he was exposed as a killer of women with a shocking fetish for girls' panties that he documented in a trove of twisted photos of himself. Read more from this Tulsa World article at www.tulsaworld.com...

There is a town in Mexico near the Texas boarder where authorities are sure more than one serial killer resides because so many brutal murders of women take place in a small area. Sure some of them have computers.

Most reliable predictors and indicators are:

Childhood abuse /physical or psychological -(and why outlawing corporal punishment is crucial)
Animal torture (and why noticing and responding to this immediately is necessary)
Fire starting. (ditto)

Sound like anyone you know?

edit on 24-10-2010 by rusethorcain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I watched a report on the psychology of a psychopathic killer, and it was nothing like what was given in the OP.
And that prior to my internet years, it was on television news program, and also cited in the papers.

It was nothing like given in the OP, and I don't believe their "new" idea in the least, its a manipulation.

Serial Killers come out of TRAUMA and ABUSE, severe abuse. It occurs when a child between the ages of 3-5, which are critical, are abused from everyone, or neglected, when then there is no where to turn. One abusive parent, and one who is unaware but supportive of the child does not tend to produce serial killers.

3-5 is a critical developmental stage we only go through once, barring a miracle.

In that age we learn others have feelings, and to share, and if we are being traumatized by severe abuse with no one supportive or loving us, then this can produce psychopathy, individuals sane and who can pass the tests for sanity for are not schizophrenic or bipolar, nor have any of the conditions they screen for.

I pray for children all the time that they will have miracles, interventions, a positive person there in there lives at the critical moments.

Also, M'Kultra accounts for much of whats on the news.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I just watched a tv series about her. It is actually what spawned this idea and research i was doing. The reason i thought of posting this was because she reminds me of someone i know... scary lol.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Starred and flagged.

Not because I believe there is any glaring truth to the notion that enforced isolation is the root of being a serial killer but because you brought up the notion of the demographics of ATS.

Whilst there are people from almost all communities that come to ATS I would be interested in seeing how many of them are white, male, 18-35, live with their mother and have paranoid thoughts about being under surveillance.

I'd also like to know the 30-50, white, female demographic who have children and think that they, or/and their child, is somehow superior or special when compared to an average member of society.

Knowing these, and other, demographics would certainly help me explain a lot of the behaviour that goes on here in ATS land.

I know I'm not the only one here looking to find out these figures - but my motives are not for enslavement or taking advantage of being finding proper care for those who need it.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I think when they talk about fantasizing, and isolation it hits the nail on the head. What you are describing may be another way of identifying something, or someone else in their experience. I am sure there is a host of environments that could produce such a monster. I just found this to be informative, and if not 100% accurate, enough to make you ask questions about yourself and mybe someone else.
edit on 24-10-2010 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

You had better steer clear of that one!
There were a couple of youtube videos it seemed Eileen Wuornos posted to youtube herself just before she was executed. I was going to post those but they were too scary. Just looking at her was creeping me out.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I find that the most identifiable factor of how she spoke was the amount of energy she projects through her eyes. It reminds me of politicians. I look for this when i maintain my relationships in life. I tend to be more reserved to people who project through their eyes, they are trying to hypnotize(unknowingly), kind of like vampires! lol...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
well you got my MO perfect, but I am socialized now and I 'm not now nor ever have been a killer , I have been the ideal profile of one my whole life though.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

You are right I think. I look for something either there or not there behind the eyes. Sometimes there is a vacant look I can recognize or a beady eyed look that indicates a propensity for cruelty. Interesting you note that.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
OP - Dont forget that they arent until they actually start killing, it reads as if a serial killer always was one and always will be even despite how very unlikely that actually happening is.

Way to judge people or what? Best start locking up child abuse victims for life

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Not sure about the point of your thread, onequestion.

Do you seriously expect anyone to answer 'Yes' to either question??

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

Provoking thought.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

The only things I have killed,besides threads...
spiders,bugs and 1 squirrel.I forgot about mice.

edit on 24-10-2010 by mamabeth because: changed mind

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I see. Well I'm sure many of us have fantasized about harming or killing an abuser, does that make us all potential serial killers?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

The only things I have killed,besides threads...
spiders,bugs and 1 squirrel.I forgot about mice.
These creatures are part of a cat's diet

LOL - I thought I was the only thread killer here. Can't tell you how many times my post is the last in a thread...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cupocoffee

It's not so much the specifics of the profiling that i am focused on. There can be 100 different ways to profile anything. It is more or less, have you known, or do you know, could you be? You may be 22 years old and on the path to becoming a monster and not know it. Typically when you can identify something within yourself, in a way, you are facing it.

Although isolation and EXTREME fantasy are major factors imo.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I have been known to kill a thread or 2.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join