It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange walks out of CNN interviews

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Julian Assange walks out of CNN interviews

www.youtube.com

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange walked out of an interview with CNN in London.

Assange, who was being interviewed to discuss the 400,000 pages of documents WikiLeaks released about the Iraq War, grew upset when interviewer Atika Shubert asked about his personal legal issues.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com

+32 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Video link : www.youtube.com...

Of course, when an organization releases files about war crimes it's better to ask about the rape charges in Sweden instead : congratulations CNN for amazing journalism...

Also notice the CNN article *about* him walking out, written by the same journalist :

edition.cnn.com...

And already user comments pointing out the journalist is making up things in her written article that contradict the video posted...

"anyone who saw the interview knows that Atika Shubert is blatantly lying in this written article ... she is LYING. Julian told her ONE employee - not several. Atika Shubert had the most important interview in the country and blew it by basing her questions of LIES she made-up"

Sigh...

www.youtube.com

+31 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
She was able to be fortunate enough to interview Julian, and what does she do? Talks nothing of the massive War Document leaks and the information that was released.

He was even nice enough to warn her over 3 times, saying "I will walk out". And she just continued on.

Tsk. What a bummer.

edit on 24-10-2010 by Oozii because: -

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
This looks staged to me. Can't say why exactly... Sound, video, questions...

Who released that video and why?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Yes totally... Some years ago i'd have said "this is unbelievable" and today am not even surprised by some media coverage : where are we "going" frankly...

Here's another worthwile read on the matter :

www.deathandtaxesmag.com...

Here's the part that perfectly sums it up.

"The news about WikiLeaks is at least as focussed on the sexual assault allegations he faces in Sweden and whether his dominating personality is causing volunteers to defect as it is on the actual information his organization is revealing. Daniel Ellsberg tells the New York Times, “I’ve been waiting 40 years for someone to disclose information on a scale that might really make a difference.” But the world has changed. Whereas in Ellsberg’s time Assange’s revelations would have incited mass protests and indignant calls for accountability, now we find the substance of the leaks unsurprising and instead marvel at Assange himself, telling each other, “This guy is #ed.”"

Am not even sure the guy who wrote this article knew about the CNN walk out incident or not.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esger
This looks staged to me. Can't say why exactly... Sound, video, questions...

Who released that video and why?

Staged ???

CNN released the video with a written article by the same woman who was interviewing him... But it wasn't only a video release it did air on TV !

Giving you the link again :

edition.cnn.com...

Oh and the sound is bad on the YouTube video probably because it's been recorded by a private user and reposted on YouTube...

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by fortunofiasco

Directed, I mean.

There's something wrong with his interview, but I can't put my finger on what it is. Feeling.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Esger

Could you perhaps be more specific and tell us what you suspect ?

Directed by who ?

For what purpose ?

I mean... Every theory can be valid and interresting reads. Please go ahead.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
What a pathetic interviewer. She was in no way a professional; mumbling and stumbling, making up baseless claims. Good on him for walking out.

eta; I'm still not sure about Wikileaks either way, but Julian is one hell of a character.
edit on 24/10/2010 by serbsta because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Typical manstream media trying to evade real discussion by focusing on things which do not matter.
Good on him for walking out.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fortunofiasco

Video link : www.youtube.com...

Of course, when an organization releases files about war crimes it's better to ask about the rape charges in Sweden instead : congratulations CNN for amazing journalism...

Also notice the CNN article *about* him walking out, written by the same journalist :

edition.cnn.com...

And already user comments pointing out the journalist is making up things in her written article that contradict the video posted...

"anyone who saw the interview knows that Atika Shubert is blatantly lying in this written article ... she is LYING. Julian told her ONE employee - not several. Atika Shubert had the most important interview in the country and blew it by basing her questions of LIES she made-up"

Sigh...

www.youtube.com

ah man this is bad.... like we need anymore proof of a media conspiracy?.... kudos to Assange for walking.... and now I hope he cranks up the volume of wikileaks.... this sensationalist crap American viewers need to be interested in the news that Atika was trying to perpetuate is disgusting and it is basically a report on the American mental condition. Instead of asking about the documents just released and " inform the people" of their content, Atika decides to push the garbage.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esger

Directed, I mean.

There's something wrong with his interview, but I can't put my finger on what it is. Feeling.

Hi

Yes I do agree with you on that, something is wrong, very wrong..
This is not a interviev of Julians personal life, its about the files that just been released, and the women who intervju him is actually not relly wanting to ask these questions, at least not time and time again, thats why it seems a little staged, she clearly doesnt want to ask the question over again, but she altso know that she has a lot on her sholders about this intervju. She's been told to do a job, and keep on pushing, thats why it seems a little odd!

Good job Julian, as someone said earlier, he was polite enough to warn her several times!!

Sat Nam

+25 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   

And that is what you call miss-direction.

We are now talking about Assange, the interview, and CNN's inept journalists instead of asking the Government questions, instead of questioning our respective nations involvement in these wars. Instead of wondering just what in the hell are our troops doing in our name, in other countries.

CNN, nice work at destroying the truth.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

I understand why you're feeling this.

Am thinking otherwise though. Thinking it is important to witness the media coverage on this and how it is done to understand how the US medias (at least) are trying to minimize the impact of the Iraq files release.

See, the first day the informations were released (2 nights ago) I was kind of angry to see how the US media were treating the information :

95% of the talks in US medias were about how furious the pentagon was over the release, it was Hillary Clinton saying she condemned it, etc... etc... Nothing about possible war crimes, about how inhumane some treatments were.

And now we get *this* : CNN reporting on the issue as a second-rate tabloid, being interrested in *alleged* rape charges and not seeming interrested in the real important issues.

After being angry am now just left in a sentiment of bedazzlement so to speak... Call me naive if you will.

I do think it is *very* important to stress out how CNN is *deliberatly* doing a poor journalism job, and not only them. Because right now (of course am exagerating a bit here) : most of people in the US are still oblivious to what happened and it seems only ATS readers are concerned about tortures, war crimes and civilian deaths (that's the part where am exagerating, but you get the idea).

It's not only CNN covering this way, it's also the NY Times : they're more interrested in showing Julian Assange as a disturbed person than checking the war facts :

www.nytimes.com...

It's getting more and more ugly and yes it is important to stress it.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This kind of attitude by CNN and other networks is sad for journalism in America.

And Headline news for today is, "Lohan in rehab!"

:shk:

Torture is second rate news....

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Great post. Couldn't agree more.

The fact is that Assange, whatever he has been accused of, is innocent until such times as he is proven guilty. CNN are trying to muddy the waters by going off topic. I am glad he walked out. You don't have to love the guy to appreciate the work that he is doing to release all of this information - whatever his agenda, his ass is still on the line.

Bravo Julian Assange!

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I agree with your post. Entirely.

But mate, with all due respect, did you really expect anything different from the MSM Media?
Really?

This is classic of the mainstream media. That is why we are on ATS dude. Not to import the MSM crap in the OP, but to escape from it.
This is how the MSM operate on most issues.
The issue will be reduced to personalities(Assange) and then into a battle or conflict between two ideologies or sides. When this tactic failed( the internall conflict at wiki between assange and a former emplyee), she moved on to Assange's personal life.
This is exactly what CNN are doing, reducing the real issues to a personality.
Mainly because a personality can be destroyed.
What wiki released speaks for itself. The MSM don't want that.

They really don't even need to talk to Assange. Think about it. What do they really need to talk to him about. All they really need to report about in this issue is on wikileaks.

I agree that it is interesting to note how the media distort issues. But this is exactly what I expected from the MSM.
It is why Assange does not play ball with them on a regular basis. I don't even know why he did.

Have you emailed CNN to voice your concern?
Or the Journalist?
edition.cnn.com...

I have.

Look at the interview again.
The journalist sites a disgruntled member of wikileaks, then asserts the claim that Assange' personality is getting bigger then wikileaks. The journalist in fact generates this issue herself by making this the reportable issue. On hearsay.
This is text book manufacturing of content and we see it time and time again.
Rather then report on the actual news worthy items, the issue of Assange, and his "personality getting more exposure" become the issue because that is all the MSM are interested in developing. Allegations rather than real content become more interesting. Innuendo regarding an ex employee's claims and alleged sexual offenses get centre stage rather than the concrete facts presented in the actual leaked documents.

I understand the need to highlite the poor MSM attitude, but this is not a story they can use, develop or break.
That is already done by: http://__._/

This is the real issue.
F#$% CNN. We don't need them to report because we already have the info from wikileaks, we can make our on minds up.
Which is why they want to create an issue about Assange.
edition.cnn.com...
Let them know what you think.

edit on 24/10/10 by atlasastro because: Fix some linkage

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Anyone notice the cameraman at the 3:52 mark? It looks like he was thinking of jumping on Assange then went back to his camera instead. Really, just take a look, balled up fist and all.
edit on 24-10-2010 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The interview itself was horribly setup. With the current wikileaks release, why didn't she focus her attention on that? Why did she ignore his request? Why does she even looked shocked that he walked off set. Didn't she notice that she was being a complete idiot?

I think the MSM of the USA is just going to continue on attacking his character instead of what he released.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I've seen this a few times now and I've concluded.

They got the reaction they were after.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join