It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I posted about this initially in OWM's great thread on a possible BEK encounter, but decided to make it a thread, because I am curious what people think. Will post the same text here, for simplicity's sake,t hat I did in the other thread. All speculation welcome, and will say up front that at the time I didn't even think about this being something paranormal. Now, not so sure. Much was a bit odd about it. Well, here it is:

At the time, I wrote this off as an attempted illegal action. Now, I am not so sure. We were living in Florida at the time, and I was out one evening shopping at a local store. Not sure if it is significant or not, but I was pregnant at the time. Not huge yet, but enough that anyone paying attention would have noticed. When I went into the store, I noticed a couple of girls at the payphone. Approximate age, around 12-14. For some reason, they seemed a little distressed. I finished my shopping, and when I came back out, a bit of time later, they were still at the phone. I am pretty sure they noticed me checking out the situation, and they seemed a bit more distressed. So, being in "Mom" mode, I asked if everything was alright. This was a pretty busy location, and I didn't feel any threat from them. For the record, both girls were caucasian, and neither was carrying any sort of shopping bag or purse, that I can recall.

They stated that they were stranded. The story was that they had gone shopping with, I think, an older sister and a friend, and somehow got separated, and then the car wasn't where it should be, and they were sure the people they had come with had left. This did seem a bit off to me, though I could not put my finger on why. I finally just wrote it off, deciding that some irresponsible teen might have, in fact, left them there. Supposedly, they also could not reach anyone to come get them, though I was fairly certain they were talking to someone on the phone when I entered the store. However, I thought it possible that whoever they were speaking to didn't have a car. Well, after a little discussion, I decided to give them a lift. Yeah, yeah, I know, NOT the wisest move for many reasons, but pregnant brain functions differently. Well, off we went, and as we drove, I realized that they had been a bit less than honest about how far it was. The road they mentioned was correct, but how far down the road their destination was wasn't stated honestly. It became a rather long drive.

Finally, though, we reached the location. Allow me to describe this area. The place was a trailer park, set down from the road a bit, on a slope. There were two driveways in, and the road made a sort of loop from one entrance to the other. The place wasn't too big, so that was clear from the start. I entered the loop on the right, and the girls were directing where to go to drop them off. As we drove down the hill towards the bottom of the "U", we passed a couple of elderly-looking black men, carrying paper-bag-covered bottles. They seemed, for some reason, a little hostile towards my vehicle. The girls, though, shrugged it off. Well, on the other leg of the drive, near the bottom, I dropped off the girls, and watched as the entered one of the trailers. Then I proceeded on up the road towards the exit. It was right about ten p.m. then, and as I reached the exit, a man was there, and was closing the gate. I thought the timing was a bit rude, as he could have allowed me to exit, but figured the time could mean they always closed one entrance, so I didn't think too much of it, Turned the car around, and headed back down the slope to go back around to the other exit. That was when things got interesting.

Suddenly, there was a decent-sized group of guys around, that I did NOT see when going up the drive. I saw the two elderly men again, but no others. Now, though, there were several more. They moved to block my vehicle. Not the smartest move, since I was driving a pretty heavy Cadillac at the time, older model, and was more than willing to run someone over if need be. However, I waited to see what would happen. A younger-looking hispanic guy (maybe early 20's, tops) came to the side window, and stated they would like to talk to me. Now, not being utterly naive, there was no way I was opening the window past a crack, or opening the door. Yes, the doors were locked. Well, I told him I could hear him fine, and asked what the deal was. Yet he never would say, just kept insisting that I exit the car. While this was happening, another fellow, taller, slim but muscular build, with somewhat shaggy blond hair, shoulder-length, got in front of the car and actually sat ON the end of the hood. He seemed like he might be drunk. The rest of the crowd just hung back, waiting to see what would happen. Two odd things: the group was very racially diverse, for any sort of gang, and with the numbers, could have easily broken a window, etc., but they never tried.

After some bickering back and forth, and several shouts to the fellow in front to get the *bleep* off my car, I decided enough was enough. I moved the car forward somewhat suddenly,t hen stopped as suddenly, causing the guy on the hood to fall off, and out of sight. Then, I deliberately rolled forward, and watched (with a little amusement) as he scrambled out of the way. Once he was clear (and no others had EVER come in front of the car, or to another window), I raced as quickly as possible to the other exit. As I was nearing it, just before I did actually exit to the street, from the left came this very angry woman, looking like some (excuse the term, please) biker-type, heavy-set, blonde, and clearly enraged that I was leaving. Mind you, she came from the trailer nearest the exit, a little distance from all the drama, so how she was aware of what was happening, i would love to know!

I got some distance away, calmed down, and debated calling the police. Didn't have a cell phone at the time. Finally, I figured the cops could not do much, since no actual crime occurred past temporarily blocking the car in, and also thinking that a police report would make it possible for them to learn my name, I simply drove home. The strangest thing was that, though I know their intentions were NOT good, I didn't ever feel actually afraid, more angry than anything. I have always thought it odd that this was such a diverse group, in age, ethnicity, etc., and that no one ever tried to force entry into the car. Now, I can't help but wonder if maybe they could NOT enter the car uninvited. Sitting here now wondering what the heck I drove into that night?? Vampires? What? I am not one to look for that sort of explanation in general, but this was a weird night.

Why didn't they try and break a window? There were more than enough people, and it would have made leaving a bit harder, though I WOULD have run down any in the way had it come to that. Your post has got me wondering. Thoughts, anyone???

Oh, just to clear things, didn't notice much about eyes. The girls' eyes seemed normal and the one guy by the window did have dark eyes, but that would be expected. Don't recall anyone else specifically, but had anything been weird about their eyes, I am sure I would remember.

Do these BEK ever act as bait? The girls WERE odd, at least insofar as they were willing to accept a ride with a complete stranger. That age, these days, seems unlikely.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Was there a young albino boy playing a banjo sitting on steps there?
second line.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Enjoyable read. You got my heart beating hoping you weren't about to be raped or something. Sounds like a bunch of trailer trash wanting to rob you, and the young girls are also trailer trash helping to rob you. They were pissed cause they didn't get your car. Or maybe your body, but I guess they were mainly after the car. The biker like woman who ran out at the end was especially pissed cause she saw her new ride driving away. IMO.
-- Ink

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
That sounds like a very odd, and very disturbing scenario!

I have to agree with you, strange that they wouldnt force entry into the car.
You were in the middle of no where, secluded and surrounded.
There wouldn't have been much you could have done to stop them.

Your story makes me wonder the same thing, was this associated with Ozman's BEK story.

Still strange how they didn't bash a window or something, as the story seemed to
be an abduction case, or something else with similar bad intent.

When you said that you didn't know how the woman at the entry gate knew what was happening,
were you incinuating some sort of telepathy throughout the unit?

As if, the only way she couldve jumped out at that instant, wouldve been knowledge beyond her own?

Or, were some of the people yelling to each other?

One reason I'm thinking this isn't BEK, is you didnt have an "unnatural fear" of the people.
You yourself said that you were more mad than afraid. This just doesn't sound to jive with
other reports of BEK experience.

Your money and personal effects were probably more at risk than your life, But one can never know!

Glad you made it out, good quick thinking, proper survival skills.

Just thinking... but it sounds like this place is a static compound.
Meaning, they will still be there tomorrow (huge entry gates and such).
I wonder if you can post a location, so it can be checked out by someone else.

What area do you live in? If you're free to share.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
Was there a young albino boy playing a banjo sitting on steps there?
second line.

ROTFL!!! Nope, one thing they didn't have, lol! Yeah, I know that reference.....

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inkrinhuminge
Enjoyable read. You got my heart beating hoping you weren't about to be raped or something. Sounds like a bunch of trailer trash wanting to rob you, and the young girls are also trailer trash helping to rob you. They were pissed cause they didn't get your car. Or maybe your body, but I guess they were mainly after the car. The biker like woman who ran out at the end was especially pissed cause she saw her new ride driving away. IMO.
-- Ink

All very possible, and in fact what I was thinking at the time. Foolish, though, to get in front of a car that heavy; I would have run anyone down that was int he way, if things had gotten tenser.

The weird thing, though, is they never did. Whether they wanted the car or me, or both, they could have easily made bolder moves. That they didn't is the odd part, and the woman coming out when no one there was on a phone. Maybe nothing, but the BEK stuff has me thinking.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Yes, very odd that they didn't try harder, though I could have, and would have, done something. Namely plowed down whoever was blocking the car. Came close with the one fellow as it was, enough to scare him anyway.

No idea about anything telepathic, but was a tense situation, and I really wasn't thinking about that. More paying attention to the group as a whole, waiting for an attack that never came. To be fair, the woman could have been on the phone with someone in a closer unit, who was telling her what was happening, but I didn't notice anyone looking out. Seemed all there were already outside. No one was yelling, though, save my rather loud voice to get off the car, to the guy that was in front of it. VERY secluded, and no other residences around, so a crime there would have been easy. All the more reason that it's strange they did nothing.

This was about ten years ago, so no telling if the same people are there or not. Would be interesting to check out, though. Armed, and with company, of course. Tampa was the location, but we aren't there anymore.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Oh, the fear issue. I really don't spook easily, and as it was, I knew the car was big enough to make a decent weapon, so that's part of the reason. Also, though I don't know why, I never actually expected them to break a window. Logically, I should have expected that, but it was like I knew they wouldn't. And, there have been other times I felt, well, protected, too. Nothing quite that tense, but I didn't feel alone.

Now, the girls did seem a little off, though I never could pin down why. Maybe a sense they were less than honest, maybe more. Hard to say now. I can't remember if they both talked or not. For most of the time,w e were in the car, though, so I wasn't looking at them square on.

top topics

join