It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human hearts with couples' photos pinned to them found in cemetery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Human hearts with couples' photos pinned to them found in cemetery

www.datelinezero.com

A maintenance worker at a San Mateo County, California, cemetery made a gruesome discovery when he found two human hearts inside jars pinned with the photographs of two different young couples.

The jars were found sticking out of the ground at Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery. Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery is the oldest and largest Cemetery in “the city of cemeteries,” Colma, California.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Trick or treat gone wrong: Dozens of headless animals found on residential street in horrific Hallow

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The hearts were from dead corpses, as opposed to having been removed from a victim. A coroner found embalming fluid in them.

The fact that each of the two hearts had a photo of a young couple pinned to them is creepy. (Each photo is of a different couple.) Also, there is evidence they were used in a ritual of some kind -- traces of candle wax was found, among other clues.

I added a link to the thread titled "Trick or treat gone wrong: Dozens of headless animals found on residential street in horrific Hallow," largely because that is another story where police speculated that the religion Santeria might be to blame.

It doesn't seem that Santeria could possibly be to blame. Because it's somewhat of an organized religion, that some people have heard of, but many many people know nothing about. So it makes an easy scape goat, I suppose.

But they don't violate human bodies (like in the cemetery case), and they don't brutalize animals used in sacrifice and dump the carcases in a trash bin, let along a neighborhood street (like in the related Florida story).

That said, there is something unsettling happening. And just in time for Halloween.

Boo!

www.datelinezero.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Now this is freaky! Sounds like mexican drug cartel stuff!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic
Now this is freaky! Sounds like mexican drug cartel stuff!

Sounds like some hard-core gothiness, IMO!

Funny, I live near this area, and I didn't hear anything about this.
edit on 23-10-2010 by autobono because: summarized

edit on 23-10-2010 by autobono because: summarized, more accurately

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

Im calling urban myth BS on this one . The site also has this one : Crocodile on plane! 19 passengers killed … www.datelinezero.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I wonder how the dead bodies look after their hearts are torn out..... I wonder if they sewed it back up . If not the left a mess somewhere.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I would not blame the religion or group per se, just the individuals. Candle wax,cemetery,photos, embalmed hearts.. Seems someone was not happy that a relationship ended or they are trying to preserve a relationship. Strange nonetheless...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Well I’m sure that the person who did that was being perfectly reasonable in fact I would like to have them over and we can drink whiskey together and while away the hours laughing deep belly laughs and smoking cigars.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2

Im calling urban myth BS on this one . The site also has this one : Crocodile on plane! 19 passengers killed … www.datelinezero.com...

I think that crocodile one was real. It's showing up on multiple news outlets.

Telegraph uk

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by autobono

You shouldnt talk crap on a group you know nothing about. You know most killings are not from Goth people but from normal average idiots that most likely look like you more than they would look like a Goth.. I am sick of people putting someone down for what they look like or act like.. Unfortunately most of these goth freaks are way more smarter than most of the people I have encountered as normies..

And for the record most Goth people would never even think to do something like this. The only way Goth is brought up in the news is because they need a scape goat to blame for how screwed up an individual is.. Which is why we hear about this constantly in the news.. Goth kids does this or does that. A latest example that i can remember is Columbine, and from what I remember those guys hated goth and anything to do with it..

So again facts straight before you open mouth to insert foot.
edit on 10/23/2010 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2

I think that crocodile one was real. It's showing up on multiple news outlets.

Telegraph uk

OMG looks light your right

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
well, don't dismiss it just because it came from dateline zero... they got it from here...

ktla.com

prolly some messed up kids showing how they'll always be together, heart inseperable, blah blah blah.
ahh.. the blissful ignorance of youth. lol

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Sounds more to me like Palomayombe than Santeria, maybe even Voodou.

Santeria uses animals in their religious work. Using human remains is not common. When it is done, usually a Palero is involved.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

You shouldnt talk crap on a group you know nothing about. You know most killings are not from Goth people but from normal average idiots that most likely look like you more than they would look like a Goth.. I am sick of people putting someone down for what they look like or act like.. Unfortunately most of these goth freaks are way more smarter than most of the people I have encountered as normies..

And for the record most Goth people would never even think to do something like this. The only way Goth is brought up in the news is because they need a scape goat to blame for how screwed up an individual is.. Which is why we hear about this constantly in the news.. Goth kids does this or does that. A latest example that i can remember is Columbine, and from what I remember those guys hated goth and anything to do with it..

So again facts straight before you open mouth to insert foot.
edit on 10/23/2010 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

So sorry, I didn't mean to imply that I believed these were goth-related murders - anyway, I didn't get the feeling that the authorities were investigating it under the premise that it was a murder, much less a 'goth' murder. It seems more like some sort of a ritual?

It was the particulars of the case that sounded particularly 'goth' to me - photos (artifacts of love), pinned to human hearts, a Catholic cemetery. I'm definitely not an advocate of some sort of a 'goth-crime' hypothesis, I'm merely pointing out the set design of the scene!

Also, Catastrophe Ballet is my favorite Christian Death record, so when I'm poking fun at something like this (goth stuff, in this case), I'm coming at it from a different perspective than one might think. I know, it's hard. With forums, you only have so much to go on when assuming people's intentions!

Anyhow, sorry to have ruffled feathers in this way. I'll be more careful next time

edit on 23-10-2010 by autobono because: illuminating context

edit on 23-10-2010 by autobono because: correcting the already illuminated context

edit on 23-10-2010 by autobono because: optimizing the already corrected and illuminated context

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

It was the particulars of the case that sounded particularly 'goth' to me - photos (artifacts of love), pinned to human hearts, a Cemetery. I'm definitely not an advocate of the 'goth-crime' hypothesis, I'm merely pointing out the set design of the scene!

photos (artifacts of love), pinned to human hearts,
Voodoo It sounds to me..
a Cemetery.
Pagan?
I'm merely pointing out the set design of the scene!
Again Pagan?

or it can be Wiccans, Black Magick, or a number of other things that we can throw into this mix. Saying its a goth related crime I dont see it..

There are more to these facts than being goth, Most normies believe being Pagan is the cool way to go these days.. So to me I believe it might be some normie trying to play of as some freak did it.. Now.. I am sure when Ted Bundy was going around killing people they thought it was some low life hippy idiot doing these crimes.. But low and behold we have some mid class guy who went to school and was doing good for himself..

See how facts do not add up to who it is? It is not anyone goth I can tell you that much, besides Goth died along time ago, Its emo now.. Whiny ass little kids who have nothing better to do than to cry and cut themselves to become attn whores to those who will listen.(This is my personal opinion, considering I supposedly was goth when I was growing up.)

Anyway.... Until we get the facts we wont know who tf did this, I will probably bet a tad but that it might be college kids playing a joke, they jacked some hearts from class and slapped them in a cemetery then jacked some photos off the net and said he we killed them cause i love them bla bla.. Sounds blair witch to me..

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Anyway.... Until we get the facts we wont know who tf did this, I will probably bet a tad but that it might be college kids playing a joke, they jacked some hearts from class and slapped them in a cemetery then jacked some photos off the net and said he we killed them cause i love them bla bla.. Sounds blair witch to me..

Wow, Blair Witch? That's awesome. I forgot about that movie, with that horrifying scene were they find the body parts in the morning. Man, what a freaky film.

Makes one wonder: how easy is it, exactly, to get body parts?

Anyhow, you are probably correct about those emo kids. But then, I'm too old to know any, myself

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by autobono

If you are going to school for something to do with the body, medicine, mortuary, anthropology, or any of this other sort of thing, I am sure there is ways of getting this stuff out of a school or location without getting busted, even if they did what are they going to do? Throw them in jail for jacking used body parts?

See what I mean.. It is real easy to pull off if you are in the right place, I believe this crap is from a cadaver and put here the way i said above, besides it is hallows eve soon.. What kinda holiday would it be if there were no trick before the treat? eh?

Oh your statement, google emo.. And i am or will be 37 soon.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Wiccans would not use body parts for any ritual. Nor would any true magickian as body parts in the old grimoires were references to herbs or coded words for sexual references.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ANSPHAR

Not saying that those who practice "Black" magick or Voodoo/Hoodoo would not do something of that nature as there are groups who will use such items. M point was more focused towards Wicca and Ceremonial magick.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Listen man, I understood what autobono was saying and I agree. The VISUAL image of a human heart with a couple's picture on it brings up "goth" images in my mind.

Just to lighten the mood:
www.southparkstudios.com...

"Goth" is a very loose term, and even if you define it by your own standards, or your acquaintances do the same, it does not make you the sole proprietor or dictator of the term or "scene."

Hell, I was born, bred and chillin before the term "goth" was being used to describe kids (as I now see that you were as well, being 33 as mentioned above, so we do have at least one similar aspect of perspective). That term has been thrown around so loosely, even by the very people who define themselves as "goth," that its precise meaning is extremely subjective.

I don't suspect anyone personally, as there is no proof, no witnesses and no evidence to suggest the character of the responsible individual(s).

I CAN, on the other hand, envision some teen loners with black makeup and nail polish on sitting in a cemetery late at night trying to experiment with other worldly forces. Whether these black-clad youngsters would be considered "goth" by your terms is completely irrelevant, as I'm fairly certain that autobono was envisioning something very similar, if not identical.

To the topic at hand, weirdness. It could easily have been some people who read about some witchcraft or voodoo practice of attaching a picture of a couple to a human heart in an attempt to make the relationship permanent, or the opposite, to ruin someone else' relationship.

Maybe it's someone's version of art. Who knows at this point. A good clue would be the pictures themselves. Is there a detailed description of the individuals or the pictures themselves available on the net at this point?
edit on 23-10-2010 by Use your brain because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join