It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Star Wars Trilogy in the Works?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Yeah I remember hearing about a TV show too, and recently about another one that would be a Star Wars sitcom written by Seth Green (not joking).

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
Cloning a Jedi is possible, yes, but the force attunement does not transfer to the "Clone" so whats the point?

Read up on what happened post RoTJ with the Emperor.

You'll see that he used clones to achieve immortality until a Jedi survivor of the great purge named 'Empatojayos Brand' attached himself to Palpetine and pulled him into The Force proper before he could pass his spirit into Leia and Han's son Anakin.

Anakin is also the reason that Chewbacca dies (but that's quite a bit later).

It's all there in the best stories available.

I've not even mentioned Quinlan Vos yet - now the stories that could come from that.

Or Kyle Katarn.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

maybe its because im a fan....but i've loved everything put out in the starwars universe...all the side stories and movies, games, and books. the game the force unleashed takes place between episode 3 & 4 and the story is pretty awsome. even though i dont think lucas had anything to do with the writing but he still has to approve it....he wont be around forever to keep it going, which im sure the saga will continue for quite some time

I agree.

Thing is though, I'm personally doubting we'll see a sequel until after Lucas' passing. A direct sequel, for example the Thrawn storyline, would have been fantastic, but the actors are far older than their characters would be. Of course, they could always do that "Avatar" trick, and maybe do Cameron's dream (using the older actors, but the images of their younger selves). if THAT could be pulled off (believably), that would be pretty epic.

The whole Thrawn storyline was great, even better than the original trilogy, in my opinion...with some great new characters, and a much more interesting villain in Grand Admiral Thrawn.

If going with completely new actors, the whole Coran Horn or even the younger Jedis might be the best route...(Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin Solo), basically Han and Leia's kids, for those who've never read the novels. The whole Youzhan Vong storyline would be great for it, and provide tons of material for films.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree. The Yuhzan Vong story line was great. Legacy of the force, with Jacen's decent towards the darkside was a great one as well. I'm currently reading the latest series with Luke being exiled from any and all Jedi schools or interference with talking to/teaching any Jedi. So far, so good. I would like to see Harrison Ford play his cousin Thracken Sal-Solo if they made the Yuhzan Vong series.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by divinetragedy79

Ford as Thracken...that's an awesome idea!

Of course, he'd be a perfect older Han though too, hehe...
(maybe a dual role?)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
How about a 6 year running HBO star wars tv show which goes into depth of the era after number 6? I can dream.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Why HBO? That would appeal to networks. I'm sure Lucas would be for whatever gave him the biggest return...hehe...

Thing is though, aft VI, we're still involving the characters in the movies. The show would have to be either before (boring) or after, and way after (i.e. when the Solo kids are young adults, at least.). The Youzhan Vong arc would be perfect for this kind of thing though....

If it did well, could even have spinoffs such as about the Rogue Squadron, Corran Horn, Boba Fett (yes, he got out of the pit!), etc. Really a lot of already existing material here...

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

They could always just make a side story with Boba Fett in his own series. I think it was Legacy of the Force or one of those book series where Boba finds his daughter, and returns to Mandalore and finds the remaining clones from the clone wars. That would be a cool story in itself.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I feel that if lucas was serious about making another trilogy that he would consider making another prequal. I am an avid watcher of all the movies...i'll find myself going on a binge of starwars. I'm facinated with the whold concept cause i think that the political side of star wars is actually unfolding in our politcal system and the whole global goverment and NWO movement will eventually turn into a galactic empire.

But the reason why i feel that if lucas is indeed working on another star wars installment is would be a prequal is because in the return of the sith when anakin sit's down with Palpatine. Palpatine begin's to tell anakin about a story that the jedi would not speak of the story about Dark Plagueis The Wise who was the master of Darth Sidious... The dark lord of the sith.I think that was the set up for the next part of the saga, i think that the story will also tell about jedi master N'Kata Del Gormo and his apprentice Yoda.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I think right now the live action TV show is the priority and i think the 3d releases will go ahead, however as for sequels i remember reading this was shut down by lucas saying no due to his age. However, unless they make the film completely CGI liek avatar and only need voice actors maybe then I can imagine him doing it. I think if it was a sequel it should be a stand alone story ie old republic or 100 years after ROTJ. To be honest i'd rather see them go into the future then back into the old republic, however may be easier. Who knows, i think the best thing to wait out for is the new live action show, being filmed in melbourne I think partly too if im correct?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus13

But have you read any of the storylines after the movies? The Thrawn storyline is fantastic, even better than the stories the films are based on, really....but the actors are far older than their characters are in this arc. Thrawn is the best villain in the Star Wars Universe though....

That's why the Youzhan Vong storyline would be great (new actors would actually make sense). Basically, Han and Leia are married, and have kids. Leia and Han are going through the galaxy trying to piece together a New Republic, one of their daughters is a crack pilot with some Force ability, the two sons are both aspiring Jedis, taught by Luke and his Wife Mara Jade, and they too have a kid...though smaller than the Solo kids.

An alien menace (fierce warriors who are immune to the Force, and use bio-weaponry) threaten the galaxy, and at times, even the New Republic must join up with the Remnants of the former Empire, to thwart them. And their leaders are pretty decent villains in their own right.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
i highly doubt the thrawn series would be adapted, just like these movies being made. If they where id be very excited to see them but I cant see george lucas taking another risk like he did with the prequels.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by q_ballI cant see george lucas taking another risk like he did with the prequels.

Why? It couldn't get any worse could it? Or it couldn't get any better (depending on your age class)....I don't really care so much where the Star Wars saga continues on the big screen; so long as it continues. There are great, substantive, relevant stories to be told. Of course, I have my vintage, unopened action figures that I would love to move on to the next generation of fans....but that story belongs on ebay

Personally, I would like to see the continuation of the luke/leia/han saga.....I could care less about the age of the actors...ILM will make it seem continuous!
edit on 17-11-2010 by Aggie Man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

im a fan of the originals too and i would love my memrobilia to go up in price ten fold too lol

However if they do it I think we can see an avatar type fully CGI world with no actors. Didnt lucas talk about making a fully CGI film out actors long ago? I remember reading it some where (i think when phantom menace came out). Im guessing if he does a sequel etc this would be his goal.

posted on Nov, 18 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It isn't needed though (total CGI). There's enough material, so that just cameo appearances by the original actors in those roles, will suffice, for many story angles.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
say what you want, i for one am more excited than i could ever imagine! when the originals came out, i wasn't born yet, when the special edition came out, i didn't get to go see them, i saw the prequels in theatre, and now i have to have 7 8 and 9! There are books written when the original characters are much older than we know them from, so there wouldn't even have to be a lot of makeup, i also say that there should be more done with models like the originals, because it's more believeable than cgi

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
There are books written when the original characters are much older than we know them from, so there wouldn't even have to be a lot of makeup...

I recently read that Carrie fisher has lost 50+ pounds. I know this is a bit of a stretch, but I wonder if she is preparing to reprise her role as Leia? I know it's not likely, but one can hope.

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

she was very heavy and she said she wants to be able to fit into the gold bikini again but I doubt if there's a role for her in any new movies.

From what I have read, the first 6 films are being converted to 3d with the first (Phantom Menace) being released on Feb 12, 2012.
www.starwars.com...

There's also a tv show of some sort that's been talked about but I don't know if they've ever reached a point where they are acutally discussing it with networks or working on a pilot. I think there are a bunch of scripts written but the cost to produce is still prohibitve for a tv show

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
For those complaining about not seeing anything new, you should check out the Clone Wars. Sure, they are cartoons, but they are actually really good stories, with characters you know, and many you don't, in the universe we've come to love.

Of course, there are TONS of novels as well, that give the SW fan more and more to enjoy about the Star Wars universe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join