It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Star Wars Trilogy in the Works?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
If you are a Star Wars fan, then buckle up!!! It appears that we are going to get Episodes 7, 8 & 9. Although not directly confirmed by Lucas himself, the source of the information has been reliable in the past. Here are some snippets:

Now on to our newest big Lucasfilm scoop, ready? George Lucas is plotting to create new Star Wars movies at the ultra top-secret Skywalker Ranch.

IESB has been told fans can expect the new trilogy after the entire saga is released in 3D which is expected to be complete around 2015 or 2016.

The ideal plan, according to our spy at Skywalker Ranch, is to be able to release a new Star Wars film within 24 months after the release of the last re-re-release (is that right?) of Return of the Jedi 3D.

Too early for story details but one thing that our source is certain about, they will not be prequels but instead sequels. It's not for certain if they will be the long awaited Episodes 7, 8 and 9 but could instead be Episodes 10, 11 and 12 or possibly even further out in the Star Wars timeline. And by giving space in the timeline, possibly even as far as 100 years or 1,000 years in the Star Wars universe future, Lucas avoids having to make these stories "fit in" with what the previous stories have told.

Can we expect Lucasfilm to confirm our story? Have they ever? Nope, I am sure that they will spin this or completly deny the story, but we will stand 100% behind our source.

Sources:

www.shroomery.org...

www.rebelscum.com...

This is the original source of the information; although, their site is currently down:

iesb.net...:iesb-exclusive-the-line-starts-hereagain-new-star-wars-movies-planned& catid=41:news&Itemid=71

Too early to get excited? Perhaps. But if this pans out, then there are going to be millions of ecstatic fans!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
How about they forget about the re-re-re-re release of the same things for the next 6 years and instead get to work on some new material! I mean really... Do we have to wait another decade for a new star wars film?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

not that I wouldn´t like to watch the bikes pursuit on the moon of endor but it would be much better to see new ideas... i think

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm not buckling up for anything. The originals are usually always the best.

Will be interesting to see though. I love watching the princess dangle from a space ship.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I remember reading an interview with Lucas when I was a wee lad after Empire was released, and he said that he wanted to make a prequel trilogy and a sequel trilogy. It bothered me a bit that after the prequel trilogy was completed that no word of the sequel came to pass. I hope that this is true--there are good stories to be told.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Reminds me of this video:

Seriously though, I hope this turns out better than the prequel trilogy. No more Jar Jar-like things please.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
i wish i wouldnt have read that...2015 is too long for me.....i may have to pull a "fanboys" maneuver and break into skywalker ranch. THANKS!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Time for a new idea

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I made a Darth Doody!

Actually I'm looking forward more to the next FG installment than the actual thing.

"Have a nice assault ... jerk!"

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Of course, as expected, Lucasfilm is denying the report:

Lucasfilm is denying a supposed insider report that says George Lucas is planning to film three new Star Wars movies. The report, published by IESB and citing an “ultra top-secret Lucasfilm insider,” said the new trilogy would land after the planned 3-D conversion of the six Star Wars films.

“This is, of course, completely false,” Lucasfilm spokesman Josh Kushins told Wired.com in an e-mail Saturday about the report. “George Lucas has plenty of projects to keep him busy right now — including plenty of Star Wars projects — but there are no new Star Wars feature films planned.”

www.wired.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

they have to deny it, a claim like that has to be backed up with SOME sort of product. im sure there hasnt been much done other than a little writing

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   

George Lucas is beyond redemption. The Jar Jar Binks character shows a critical lack of judgement.

I will eat my hat if Star Wars 7, 8 and 9 are any good. Will Howard the duck be making a cameo appearance?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
maybe its because im a fan....but i've loved everything put out in the starwars universe...all the side stories and movies, games, and books. the game the force unleashed takes place between episode 3 & 4 and the story is pretty awsome. even though i dont think lucas had anything to do with the writing but he still has to approve it....he wont be around forever to keep it going, which im sure the saga will continue for quite some time

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dowhatyoufear3

I've always given Mr Lucas the benefit of the doubt - but that can only stretch so far. Some original thinking is needed to revive the Star Wars franchise.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

what are they gonna do? Resurrect Darth Vader in some diabolical plot to clone Jedi (even though Star Wars lore tells us THAT ISNT POSSIBLE!!!)

and in some unforeseen twist of circumstances, Vader suddenly fights for the forces of GOOD?

Oh wait, thats not Episode 7...thats The Force Unleashed 2.

P.S. What kind of dumb ass name is "Star Killer" ???

I think George Lucas should hang up his light saber. He's killing one of the greatest stories ever told.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Harry Knowles at Ain't It Cool News is confirming it too through his sources at Lucasfilm. I remember back during the filming of Episode 3, Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) claimed that he was signed on to reprise his role in episode 7, 8, and 9.

All of the actors will be in their 60's and 70's... exactly how much CGI can we expect in these films?

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I think George Lucas should hang up his light saber. He's killing one of the greatest stories ever told.

i agree to a certain extent...i think the first story told (episodes 1-6) should come to end while it is still good. BUT being a fan of the starwars universe i love seeing new stories...mostly in games like KOTOR and force unleashed, and handful of others.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
what are they gonna do? Resurrect Darth Vader in some diabolical plot to clone Jedi (even though Star Wars lore tells us THAT ISNT POSSIBLE!!!)

I'm pretty sure that the Emperor had spare clones about to jump into after he died in RoTJ in the Lucas ranch approved canon comics.

Originally posted by MrAndy
Harry Knowles at Ain't It Cool News is confirming it too through his sources at Lucasfilm. I remember back during the filming of Episode 3, Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca) claimed that he was signed on to reprise his role in episode 7, 8, and 9.

All of the actors will be in their 60's and 70's... exactly how much CGI can we expect in these films?

If this is the case then it'll have to be before Chewie dies saving Leia and Han's kid Anakin so we'd know roughly when it is...

Interesting - but I'm still holding out for the supposed TV series that was mentioned over 3 years ago.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

hmm, im not sure what exactly it is you're saying, but it's pretty easy to prove

Cloning a Jedi is possible, yes, but the force attunement does not transfer to the "Clone" so whats the point?

posted on Oct, 25 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

i would agree with you. but honestly if the sequals are going to be anything like the prequals i'd rather lucas remake the originals into eternity with better graphics and technology then subject me to another round of immense dissapointment.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join