It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Union Stagehand Fired for Wearing Bush Hat and Shirt ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Union Stagehand Fired for Wearing Bush Hat and Shirt

This is all I have so far, don't know if there is more to this story.

A stage worker setting up the stage was fired for refusing to remove his hat and turn his sweatshirt inside out and the reason? The shirt hat and shirt both had the name “Bush” printed on them but not just any Bush but, that of George H.W. Bush.

The IATSE (Local 33) union fired the worker even after he explained the shirt to his bosses. The shirt didn’t explicitly support George H.W Bush but that of the aircraft carrier named after the former President and the aircraft carrier his son has served on for the past many years and is currently deployed. The union worker was interviewed on KTLA Channel 5 locally in Los Angeles.
biggovernment.com...
The stage hand was identified as Duane Hammet and a distraught Hammet can be seen during his interview very distraught as his support for his son and his service becoming the center piece to his firing.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
In Light of the
Juan William fiasco , what's next?
edit on 023131p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is absolutely absurd and a clear illustration of how bad our unions have gotten. The man was a wearing a typical navy hat. How many of those have you seen on Veteran's Day or Memorial Day? Same goes for the sweatshirt.

This is bad news and I hope this union branch fries for this. Now, would they have fired him if he was setting up for a Brooks and Dunn concert rather than a Barry Obama visit? I'd love to know how many other times he has worn either of these items to work on any other given day.

This man needs to get his job back and Juan Williams is better off without NPR. He needs to go for punitive damages against them.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

This is absolutely absurd and a clear illustration of how bad our unions have gotten.

Unions own Obama, and this is not looking good, for sure.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Where's the ACLU? Where's Al Sharpton? Where's Jesse Jackson? What's Obama got to say?

Sorry folks but they can't touch this one!
It'll taint their image.

This goes to the realm of pure idiocy.

Excuse me. But I have to go unload a cartridge.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Where's the ACLU? Where's Al Sharpton? Where's Jesse Jackson? What's Obama got to say?

It always ends up this way, they are silent when it comes to the rights of others then their own,

Just like the silence when I see the human rights abuses in other countries, where is the outrage when it comes to Islamic women rights, I find this odd.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

the status quote of the left supressing free speech par for the course..

and unions are owned by the left

the guy can get his union steward and fight for his job back altho im not so sure how that will turn out.

a father with his son serving in a nuclear aircraft carrier named after a sitting president.- a fathers love and pride is his son and theres nothing wrong with that.

if the dude was wearing a sweatshirt that had jimmy carters name on it that said nuclear submarine uss jimmy carter ssn-23 theres not one person who would have said crap.

i am sick of this stuff we have the right to freedom of speech and expression and if you dont like what some people say or wear tune out. noone has any right to tell them to do anything.
edit on 22-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

a father with his son serving in a nuclear aircraft carrier named after a sitting president.- a fathers love and pride is his son and theres nothing wrong with that.

I know what a shame.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

The whole world is a one way street. When one persons right are trampled on, and it's according to who it is, the media will make a spectacle of it. But when the same thing happens to to others, nothing is said.

You have people, even here, talking about how it's a religious thing when it comes to the abusive treatment Islamic women have to endure. The same people will decry the interrogation methods used to extract information from known terrorists.

It's inhumane to abuse a known murderer but well within the religious rights when it comes to abusing a woman.
I think many argue for the sake of arguing. Their arguments don't have any foundation. Just like the real world.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This and the NPR fiasco on back to back days.

What happened to the tolerent left?

If you don't follow in LOCKSTEP with liberal thought. YOU ARE FIRED!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Wow talk about irrational. That shirt didn't even imply Bush as president, really now. In anycase unless this Union has government money in it? They do reserve that right.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
And isn't it ironic that their constitution and bylaws are not available online? You have to email them for it.
All I could find was an article from 1999 stating wording is in their constitution stating that you cannot hold a union office if you affilliated with the Communist party.
How hypocritical.

top topics

join