It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS StreetView: 2: Global Warming & McDonalds' Food

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
I used to eat McDonald's almost twice a week (never had time to cook myself) and I was super unhealthy, I weighted almost 300 pounds at 18. It's been almost 6 months sine I've eaten McDonald's, and I'm proud to say I've lost a whopping 90+ pounds (and still losing!).

I'm living proof, McDonald's is bad for you!
edit on 22-10-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

You are living proof that you're way of life is unhealthy. There are other factors that add up to being unhealthy, besides eating McDonald's, 2 times a week. Most importantly, let's say you're body really had a very negative effect of eating McDonald's, it proves that it is bad for YOU. Not necessarily bad for me. In fact, when I am hungry, and i eat McDonald's, the food provides me with energy, and therefore it is good for me, because some people do not experience the effects like you do. Start talking about YOU, and stop to think that you're body, is a representative for everybody.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
that's awesome... i don't give kids hamburgers just the mcnuggets with silly putty and petro chemicals it mmm

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I find it hard to get excited about a video series that appears as though it's just going to concentrate on what New Yorkers think. Limited appeal!

IRM

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

That was awesome, I loved everything about it....keep it up!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz
I used to eat McDonald's almost twice a week (never had time to cook myself) and I was super unhealthy, I weighted almost 300 pounds at 18. It's been almost 6 months sine I've eaten McDonald's, and I'm proud to say I've lost a whopping 90+ pounds (and still losing!).

I'm living proof, McDonald's is bad for you!
edit on 22-10-2010 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

But according to Street View we are helpless against corporations who are controlling our food supply! Who are you to think you can just stop going to McDonalds?!

Oh wait, actually you can just . . . stop . . . going . . . to . . . McDonalds.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
BTW, Just for the record, I enjoy McDonalds. I like their salads. Haven't had a burger there in years though.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Maybe if they interviewed someone sober it would provide a view which is retrospect to most people, those who believe global warming is real due to man made co2, or due to a tax made hike because of natural changing conditions. This vid was a complete waste of time.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Hi, This has been one of the best informative videos that I have seen, specially taking place in New York City. I do agree that Mc Donald's is poisoning its customers and thatt's got to stop. I was surprised at the answer that the guy said in the interview regarding 'why do you keep on eating these meals despite on all the chemicals it contains', he said something like 'well, is that I never was presented with a list of ingredients for the stuff that I consume here at Mc Donald's, so thats why I have continued to do so. So, this is what I get: Produce a sloppy meal, hide its ingredients from its customers and then get loyal customers? People have come up to be such a brainless zombies, bunch of followers, mindless sheeples, thats so mind boggling to see.

Also, I would like to post a suggestion to people that may have been having problems watching videos here, specially after installing anti-spyware/anti-malware applications on their computers (at least that's what happened to me),

I installed an application called "HostsMan" which is really an auto updater for the MVPS hosts block list meant to block all websites created by hackers and websites that hosts roguewares, ransomwares applications, viruses, etc As a consequence, the ad server that ATS uses in part with their videos was being blocked, leading only to a black square in every section where the videos suppose to show up and buffer. Since ATS doesnt have a FAQ section for smart PC users like me telling me WHAT ad server to grand exclusion access so that I can be able to see my videos again, I was almost for 6 months without being able to watch videos here after making that change on my part. Today, after taking my time to examine the source code (html file) for one of the videos hosted here, was I able to discover what is the ad server that I had to grand exclusion privileges, and that ad server is: gorillanation.com So, if any of you installs, or is contemplating on installing HostsMan on your computer for that extra protection against malicious hackers on the internet, on HostsMan click on Hosts, then click on Exclusion List, then add the following entry:
*.gorillanation.com
the (*.) part means that it will allow any requests made by you, or your web browser, to that website (the ad server), after adding this one entry, I was, once again, able to see videos here, and was able to finally see this series.

edit on 22-10-2010 by FNetV1 because: Correcting a misspelling

edit on 22-10-2010 by FNetV1 because: To correct another misspelling and grammar error.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Interesting series. It's good to see the majority of people interviewed are concerned about global warming and see McDonalds for the scum it is.

Best quote of the video:

"I'm obviously in the wrong business. I guess if my business was poisoning the human race, I too would be a billionaire."

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Do did I just mis-hear the F-bombs???

Or did someone else hear them as well?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
mcdonalds is one of the biggest contributers to global warming. a decomposing bicmac releases as much co2 and methane gas as a car idling for 15mins.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dreadblitz

Yeah, apparently that guy has never heard of this.

TBHQ is a preservative for vegetable oils and animal fats, limited to .02 percent of the oil in the nugget. One gram (one-thirtieth of an ounce) can cause "nausea, vomiting, ringing in the ears, delirium, a sense of suffocation, and collapse," according to “A Consumer’s Dictionary of Food Additives.”

I have been 100% McD-Free for a couple of years now. Sadly, I do still buckle to the pressures of fast food a few times a month, but only the ones that I know use actual real meat and potatoes for the burgers and fries.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
mcdonalds is one of the biggest contributers to global warming. a decomposing bicmac releases as much co2 and methane gas as a car idling for 15mins.

That's if you manage to GET it to decompose in the first place
as you can see in the following youtube video:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I don't mean to be negative or unsupportive but could I be taken off the list of people that get u2us regarding this show please??
Its just not my thing.

Agreed. Please stop sending me messages concerning things I could care less about. The amount of messages I receive now on ATS is like my spam email box. Enough is enough.. if I want to watch it I will find it.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I don't know if I am supposed to like this show or not. I mean, I thought it was better than Conspiracy Chicks, at first. Now I'm not sure. . .I guess in the end, I just don't have to watch it. It's not you guys, it's me. . . I'm just not ready for a web show commitment right now.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Anyone having problems should look into downloading....Adobe Flash player, Adobe Shockwave player and or Java.

Good video by the way, I swear my jaw hit the floor with how ignorant some of my peers are to some of the world's issues. I'm going to run these same questions by some of my friends, see how they respond. I thought it was interesting how everyone believed in global warming. Considering we've only monitored weather for about 200 years or less and the Earth is billions of years old....

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Wow! I helped You with the website - and not even a public thanks!!?? Shees.... is this how you thank your members? Phwwww

Come on SO!! Is this post going to be "off topic" again to your mods?

ALL I asked for was some, was a little in return.... and I got my posts "off topic"! Why SO? Why?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Good job guys! The sound was definitely improved with this episode so I can't see people complaining this time and if they are well... turn your speakers up

I liked the added effects to the video editing, definitely a better job than the first episode so that's something I think you should focus on because it worked out well.

Overall, while watching the episode I could feel sincerity of the people being interviewed and I liked that; it's real answers to the questions we're asking each other online, in person.

Once again, keep it up ATS, we need more things like this StreetView project to help awareness!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I enjoyed the Mcdonald's report and what the public had to say but we know it's the worst food for us, the climate change subject was weak though there were some highlights - the kid talking down about Al Gore. early days still so I expect the show's subject matter will improve over time.
edit on 23-10-2010 by silhouette because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join