It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS StreetView: 2: Global Warming & McDonalds' Food

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FNetV1

Even bacteria won't touch it and were scoffing it down like it won't be around tomorrow!!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spinster
Maybe if they interviewed someone sober it would provide a view which is retrospect to most people, those who believe global warming is real due to man made co2, or due to a tax made hike because of natural changing conditions. This vid was a complete waste of time.

Maybe for you it was a waste of time, but seeing how many people are dumb on the streets of New York (and in general, I'm not picking on NYers) just shows you how many people do not even do their research; they just sit back and watch FOX News and think everything that is said is fact.

It's actually sad watching and hearing what some people have to say, but it's also refreshing to see that some people actually have open minds and are at least doing their own thinking rather than being told what to think.

So, as another poster said, he doesn't have to watch these videos - if you don't like something then don't watch it.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
i think it was a prity interesting show its allways good to get other peoples input they could of arsked more people but, my thout on globel warming is yes we are contributeing to it but i still think that most or some of it could be natural, couse earths clymate has changed before that could have been coused by alot volcano activety i dont realy no but its defanetly hapening now.

mc donalds yes defanetly poision chems, let kids eat it yes but not to much, im going there now for lunch lol

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
pretty interesting, as far as my opinion I think global warming is happening but until I see facts proving MAN, is causing it, and not universal or solar events that we do not understand, (which would not surprise me) I wont blame it on ourselves. I would be more concerned about pollution effecting our health. As far as micky Dee's it does not take rocket science that any fast food joint you goto will not be healthy for you. Its not rocket science. Yes and as far as I am concerned Jimmy, is in the right position, I also hope he is not all talk..

Good job ats even thou this video really didn't solve anything it was pretty good.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Awsome show once again J & Bonnie! - keep up the good work! - looking forward to see next episode from NYC!

Thanks for fixing the Video problem ATS!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I don't mean to be negative or unsupportive but could I be taken off the list of people that get u2us regarding this show please??
Its just not my thing.

That goes for me as well. This just isn't my thing.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

You posted the same message four times to individual people when the same message applied to all of them.

In fact you posted in reply to me, when i had already watched it and commented so it was obvious I knew it was working! Thats why they were all off topic, it didn't contribute at all!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Divine, It's okay, lets take a break. See if we can grow stronger as individuals.... and if it's meant to be then it's meant to be. Sorry it has to be this way..

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by j.douglas

I liked the show. The topics were interesting to me. It is good to know what actual people on the street think about McDonalds and global warming. Perhaps I didn't always agree with them because I am living in a different area of the country.

The show was well done and I appreciated the audio control.

Thanks

Mahree
edit on 10/23/2010 by Mahree because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
pretty interesting, as far as my opinion I think global warming is happening but until I see facts proving MAN, is causing it, and not universal or solar events that we do not understand, (which would not surprise me) I wont blame it on ourselves. I would be more concerned about pollution effecting our health. As far as micky Dee's it does not take rocket science that any fast food joint you goto will not be healthy for you. Its not rocket science. Yes and as far as I am concerned Jimmy, is in the right position, I also hope he is not all talk..

Good job ats even thou this video really didn't solve anything it was pretty good.

www.skepticalscience.com...

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

www.nasa.gov...

www.ipcc.ch...

There ya go!

There is essentially NO evidence that universal/solar events are responsible for our current global warming.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

Very well done, and host(s) have great personality, I look forward to this being a daily part of my News/Entertainment in the near future.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by j.douglas

Nah. . .It's cool, J. Keep it rolling. . .you guys are doing great. . .don't let my short sightedness affect anything. I was having a bad day. . .it's cool. by the way, Bonnie reminds me of some celebrity, can't think of her name, she played in The Craft. J., trust me. . .my deal is that guys are doing what I want to do, but my camera's broken.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Fantastic show! Bonnie and J come across as seasoned journos . I also like the fact that they are on the street talking to the people on the street. As one person already commented, it is unfortunate that it also shows the intellectual level of the common New Yorker. Hopefully with more ATS members taking to the street the masses will eventually wake up and see the world as it is, rather then through corporate media looking glasses. 5 star production!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

excellent video, job well done guys! i'm enjoying the style of the videos and can't wait to see further installements.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Watching this video made a lot of sense to me on many levels. On the global warming side of the issue, I found it to be quite pleasing to see people squirm when confronted by the very circumstantial subject of global warning..most didn't really know what to say, while others just regurgitated the same old Al Gore-laden ballywho. Which is very understandable I suppose, because there are so many conflicting reports floating around out there, there are scientists who say that it is real..scientists who say that it isn't real..then there are those who think that it is nothing more than a global pyramid scheme spear-headed by Al Gore to make millions. The fact of the matter is that what is going on, climate-wise, is a natural part of the planetary process, and though we as a race, may not be necessarily and directly causing the problem, we are definitely contributing to it. But not to the extremes that some over-paid Nobel prize winners would have you believe. As they say, "The proof is in the pudding."..and Al Gore, a handful of scientists, and many more of the "power elite around the world have implored scare tactics to have you believe that there is proof in their pudding when there really isn't. Now as for the McDonald's aspect of the video, it doesn't take a genius to know that it is bad for you and that it has no healthy benefits to the human body whatsoever, maybe some low-level protein and some carbohydrates thrown in there for good measure. I understand that times are tough and some of the populous are looking for ways to nourish themselves on a very tight budget, but the cult that is McDonald's goes much deeper than that. When we were kids, McDonald,s was ingrained in our psyche, by television and by our parents.. it was made out to be cheap, fast, and entertaining. It meant that parents could feed the family fairly cheaply and not have to spend the time to prepare a full meal in the evening, because they were so tired from having worked a 10 or 12 hour day or they could get a moment of peace by buying the kids a few cheeseburgers and letting them burn it off in the play-place. As a parent I understand this, but ultimately it needs to be about the healthy well-being of the children and ourselves. Is it any wonder that if you were to walk into a McDonald's lobby, at noon, for lunch and look around, about 70% of the customers, adults and children alike, are 20 to 30 pounds overweight, yet they don't want to take the time to acknowledge how they got that way. I can't remember the last time that we saw any statistics blaming the american obesity problem on healthy, home-cooked meals. Convenience should not be allowed to take precedence, when it comes to the physical well being of ourselves and our children. If you wanna argue that point, argue it to your children, while you are going through your third by-pass surgery or your children can argue it to you after they get diagnosed with morbid obesity and high cholesterol at the age of 14.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
new member here and old school-remember that Bonnie and J.Doug were interviewing people from the upper east side in Manhattan ! there are 5 unique boroughs and thousands of neighborhoods and millions of street corners so the opinions of this part of the city is to be viewed like that . I joined this website because i heard through the grapevine about Streetview and I am so glad i did. luv that urban duo BONNIE STAR AND J.DOUG ! This is only my secound post ever and the computer still intimidates me but keep up the good work Streetviews and i will keep watching ! Where are you taking me and what are we gonna be talking about next week MS.BONNIE STAR AND J.DOUG ?

edit on 23-10-2010 by apache1224 because: I misspelled bonnie's last name .

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I liked it, I thought the street interviewing was quite interesting. My only concern is you guys dont end up with a Lawsuit against you from McDonalds.

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join