It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Activity 2 advertisement is annoying.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
HI all,
I don't usually complain about this site but was just in a thread and the static with a ghostly face in it just took up half the bloody screen and covered up about 5 posts.
I went to the top of the page to go to my ATS and I couldn't get to any of the buttons as this stupid ad and the static had covered them all up.

Could this be fixed please? Or I may have to leave and not come back until this advertisement is retired.
Thanks.

Is anyone else have a problem with this ad or is it just me?

BTW I realise that ads pay for the site but this is the first time an Ad has actually interferred with the functioning of my business and what I want to do.
edit on 22-10-2010 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I've had a problem with it the first time it opened itself and covered my screen with a face and a loud noise.
It's just not acceptable to have an ad like that. I can't believe that it even got 'OK'd' to be an ad, let alone be an ad here.

Please remove it ATS. Easily the worst and most annoying ad I have EVER encounterd.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Yeah I'm with you. This is the most totally annoying ad I think I've ever encountered here too.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

It's no different than the shock videos that you use to always get on the internet where the face pops out and screams.

I actually thought about people with weak hearts or minds when I first saw the ad. Wonder if anyone has had a heart attack yet because they left their speakers up all the way?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
reply to post by Flighty

It's no different than the shock videos that you use to always get on the internet where the face pops out and screams.

I actually thought about people with weak hearts or minds when I first saw the ad. Wonder if anyone has had a heart attack yet because they left their speakers up all the way?

Yeah, I know the ones you mean.
Not sure if this PA2 ad has sound effects as my sound is off.
But I have to admit it that it did give me a bit of a shock when I scrolled up to read the OP and the fuzzy head thing had infiltrated outside of the box at the top (where it should stay if you ask me) and was covering half my screen.
If this is meant to make me want to go see the movie, it isn't working.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
It certainly does have sound effects. A static noise followed by a loud shriek. Not fun at all.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Well that's even worse then.
I hope we can get something done about it.

edit on 22-10-2010 by Flighty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Please add gripes about ads to the "Gripes about ads thread" here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Springer...

new topics

top topics

join