It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juan Williams Fired by NPR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

www.theatlantic.com...

'I mean, look, Bill, I'm not a bigot. You know the kind of books I've written about the civil rights movement in this country. But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous."

i have watched and listened to juan williams for the past 10 years i have always disagreed with the majority of things he said but when he gets fired over this it makes me angry

in this political correct country can we no longer say whats on your minds?

juan should have never been fired for this crap its a sad state of affairs that this country has come to.
edit on 21-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Coming from a federally funded liberal media source, after beng contacted by an anti American, terrorist funding, professional extortion group named CAIR, is it really any surprise. Seems some of the comments made by NPR after firing him, may just be a payday for him........Just another example of political correctness run wild.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
How can Juan Williams be fired for something that Bill says multiple times on a daily basis (Muslim hating)? In all the comments that Juan has stated over the years, those are the ones that get him fired? There has to be more to this that we don't know about.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Juan Williams got fired because he is black and has a Hispanic first name.

The simplistic reason given for his firing based on political correctness also deserves a simplistic accusation on the real motives of his termination based on that same political correctness.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

npr is juans other gig juan works for both fox and npr

juan williams is a liberal if you dont know

npr gets its funding from the feds which was said but they also get funding via foundations such as open society foundation and george soros

npr national public radio is a private and publically funded organization

half of nprs funding comes from the corporation for public broadcasting......cpb was created by the united states congress and funded by them.

cpb also funds the pbs which is nothing but liberal tv.

liberals fired one of their own to what end.
edit on 21-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Complete and utter BS. NPR- National Public Radio receives at least partial funding from taxpayers. To suppress free speech. That place is as politically correct as they come. You know? EVERYBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO SAY ANY DARN THING THEY WANT, BUT, -YOU- ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO LISTEN! AMAZING!! So -change the channel or walk away- . Flame me if you will, but i'm scared of them freaking people too. Can't think of any other religion that BIDS you to kill all infidels. Do i hate all muslims? NO. I hate any one that can't do their thing and let me do mine. I'm not god, I can't judge anyone. Can't see how any god would want you to kill innocent people. "That'll teach em, bet they repent now! oh, crap, they can't, their all dead."

Juan is a really smart guy and a good Constitutionalist. They will use the least little thing they can get to tear down ANYBODY that disagrees with them. And by them, I mean the Liberal progressive tree-hugging dummies that run darn near everything anymore. I D 10 T s

He's still on fox, right?

SO, flame on, trolls.

Know what?, whatever.

edit on 21-10-2010 by rbnhd76 because: To Add More

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
my bad ats turns out there is another thread in the "breaking alternative news" section

and it was started way before this one was...

my apoloogies and feel free to close this one

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Good ridance sir, I'm sure you will find a job elsewhere..... NPR listening is not very interesting anyways... CNN gave a job to i love prostitues on tax payers money spitzer i'm sure this guy will get placed somewhere...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
How can Juan Williams be fired for something that Bill says multiple times on a daily basis (Muslim hating)? In all the comments that Juan has stated over the years, those are the ones that get him fired? There has to be more to this that we don't know about.

There probably is.

Check out the timing for George Soros' Million dollar plus gift to NPR along side Williams firing.

Also wonder if CAIR was involved?

Asked and answered:

source

NPR fired longtime “Talk of the Nation” host Juan Williams after the Council of Islamic Relations (CAIR) complained about remarks Williams made while appearing on The O’Reilly Factor Monday.

Moving to the other thread ...

edit on 10/21/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I wonder if this whole firing thing wasn't some publicity stunt by Faux news to make a name for this guy and promote their ratings and his new regular column at Faux.

Fox hands Williams $2 million contract

Fox News moved swiftly to turn the controversy over Juan Williams’s firing to its advantage, offering him an expanded role and a new three-year contract Thursday morning in a deal that amounts to nearly $2 million, Matea Gold reports.

Roger Ailes took a jab at NPR in the process.

"Juan has been a staunch defender of liberal viewpoints since his tenure began at Fox News in 1997,” he said in a statement. “He’s an honest man whose freedom of speech is protected by Fox News on a daily basis.”

Politico

This reminds me of the Paris Hilton sex tape which conveniently came out just before her TV show on Faux. Nobody had even heard of her before that tape came out but it made her a household name and her show was a hit.

I never heard of Williams before today and never would have cared about anything he had to say. Now that he's a victim of the left, everyone will want to hear what he has to say.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Actually, I think it's more along the line of warning lib-talking-heads to stay away from fox, or risk being fired.

I mean. they'd look like fools after continually spewing hate filled false info about fox news - to then have a few of their own appear on the network in any other form than vile anger.

They certainly can't have a respectable and highly popular left-leaning-lib (ooh, LLL, I like it) actually give the appearance of possibly agreeing with anything from their most popular hate-targets - O'rielly, Hannity, Beck...Oh NO! Fire Juan! Quick, before any other rogue liberals get any 'funny' ideas.

Juan is an example of what happens to libs who don't stick with the script!

Oh boy, those libs are nasty players. Seems they virulently turning on themselves. They're throwing each other under the bus, and eating their young. Vile, I tell ya. Just sick.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

Can't think of any other religion that BIDS you to kill all infidels.

And I can't think of any other religion that YOU have been told about that bids what you claim. Question: Do you know how the conditioning of a mind works?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join