It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found my old crucifix cross today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You the funny thing of being a former Christian is that you would never know what you will find. I found the old cross I used to wear daily and then throw in my closet when I left my faith. Some of the beads are still on there. To bad I don't know how to fix necklaces. Like seeing myself in the past. Where I was and where I am now in life.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I don't know you very well...but from reading some of your other posts...I thought I remember you as being pretty young.

How long ago was this that you threw this in the closet?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Well I'm 21 now. About five to six years ago I lost my faith. So around 17 or 18 years old. Gosh the baby blue beads and the tiny crown of thorns on his head.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
“A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a #ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant.”

Im with Bill Hicks on this one

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Jackson Vega

What are you talking about here? You're confusing me!
You're confusing everyone!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jackson Vega
“A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks. You think when Jesus comes back he ever wants to see a #ing cross? It's like going up to Jackie Onassis wearing a rifle pendant.”

Im with Bill Hicks on this one

I'm not confused! I have been saying forever that it is ridiculous that people wear his mechanism of capital punishment around their necks/

Would you wear an electric chair or a lethal injection needle? The cross isn't magical, it's just HOW they killed him!

Why don't they show him being risen instead?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68f78e0db6ad.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

Because it would look weird of a person coming from a tomb on a necklace. I'm an Atheist now and I agree with you. Propaganda works best when you say Jesus died for you and you capitalize on his false death.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Keep it close, never know when Vampires are about.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Young Brother, you said you lost your faith, you said you left your faith. That means you had it, it belongs to you, no matter where is it now. Your faith will come back to you later in your life, it haven't been lost, your faith is only letting you experience some time without it. Your faith knows you'll be together again, because that's true love.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well, throwing away a faith can be a very funny thing sometimes, RR. I threw that faith away myself. I opened my mind to new ideas. I explored and had some cool adventures with--and up-close views of--some of the biggies in the new age movement...and then WHAM I found my thrown-away faith again. It shocked me!

My take on the mysticism, shamanism, paganism route: Lots to play with philosophically, the acknowledgement that there are other-dimensional intelligences can be utterly fascinating...but ultimately I found my new age friends much shallower & gullible than they thought themselves to be & that spirits/demons ALWAYS lie.

The Holy Spirit, however, even though I tried hard to deny it existed, ALWAYS tells the truth. That's my journey and my conviction and I understand everyone's right to their own. But for you RR...don't be surprised if things keep leading you back to an even deeper faith. Peace.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Are you a Christian? I believe the OP to be an Atheist. As a Jew. I believe in the spirit of God and that God is one.
God in Judaism Visit this source right here.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

IAAOMOP: I believe Jesus was the longed for Messiah. I don't wanna go off topic here, so maybe we can U2U when I have 20 posts(Think I'm about 15 now) as I have a question for practicing Jews on your experience of the Holy Spirit. Shalom.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I beat you to it!
All your questions and more answered
www.abovetopsecret.com...
comment please!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Sometimes it's a good feeling to find objects from earlier in life. Sometimes even a song can bring you right back to a specific moment in time. Fun to reflect on how fast and how drastically life changes sometimes. I've got a closet full of such objects that I've been meaning to throw away for years now.
edit on 10/21/10 by Sahabi because: Minor word change.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

Romantic_Rebel, I look forward to seeing you around here some more. I've read quite a few of your posts in my short time on ATS and I feel that, as your avatar says, you are a fighter & thats good. And I think you will keep hammering at your questions until you get an answer. Peace.

IAAOMOP: The post you sent me to wasn't a discussion on the Jews understanding/experience of the Holy Spirit at all. As far as the issues and links there, NoTurTypical seemed to take care of that rather well--although I'm gonna check his assertions on a point or two. Yeshua continues to be the stumbling block...you missed him. If you do an OP on that particular topic: The devout Jews experience of the Holy Spirit then I will S&F it for sure!! Shalom!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Well I don't believe in Jesus. Jesus comes and many different flavors and there is no Jewish flavor. The links I offer go over well why I don't believe in Jesus and the links in Jewish view.

posted on Nov, 25 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Thanks for the reminder,being a god loving individual im going to go throw out my false idol right now. God doesnt want us seeking him through a false idol.

new topics

top topics

join