It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever met yourself ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
As the tittle states, have you ever come across yourself somewhere in public ? I know this sounds quite far fetched and stupid but let me tell you about what happened to me this summer.

Driving my minivan on the highway to work on an early Monday morning, music cranked so that I can stay awake, I still had problems keeping my eyes open and I'm coming down the highway at about 65 mph, well low and behold I close my eyes and for what seemed to my like a second must of been more like ten seconds when I heard a loud screaming car horn. I opened my eyes to realize that I had scooted over to the left lane and that traffic was stopped no more than half a mile away, my initial reaction was to stomp on the brakes and I scared the living daylights out of myself but that was nothing compared to the face the guy in the truck next to me was doing........

This is the horn I had heard, this man had been trying to wake me up, I guess it was evident that I was sleeping cause my head was slumped forward. Well anyway, I get the van stopped and this guy is looking at me like I was from another planet so I roll the window down on the passenger side of the van to thank him for his vigilance and waking me up but still wondered about the expression on his face. As I start talking he starts screaming asking me my name and then screaming my name. That's when I notice that he looked very familiar, the guy had a full beard and glasses but his voice was just like my voice. I looked closer and saw my own eyes, the stare or "the look" and then...I started getting that churning stomach feeling..."could this be a lost twin( I have no brother ), a clone( I was born in the 70's) or even myself from a parallel universe or time( Could be...never know) ?? I knew right then and there that the guy in the truck was either me or some version of me and that he had just most likely saved my life. Did he know that this would happen that morning ? Did he come to save my life so that he can continue living his own in the future ? So anyway after all this happened in the space of about 30 seconds and I called him out by my name...(That was unpleasant and weird) he scurried off taking the soft shoulder of the highway and took the first exit leaving me in the left lane in traffic trying to cut across to follow him. I never caught up to him or have I ever seen that truck in traffic again ever since. Leaves me scratching my head.

I know that this all sounds crazy but I know for a fact that the guy in the truck was some kind of me, I can't explain how, I just know.

Anyone know about something like this ?
Thank you.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
i once knew a guy at school and he was a ringer for me and he hated me.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I was going to put my exp with myself but its not the same as yours so.. I cant..

Anyway yours was interesting..

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This made me smile,
almost a year ago I asked the same question, I'm just gonna post the link, rather then copying the whole text....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

btw, I never found my answers

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
"have you ever come across yourself somewhere in public ? "

Not in public, no.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i've read stories of people traveling, and meeting their honest to god twins. it never turns out well, it always screws them up--they can never forget it, and it really haunts them.

to be a little logical though, there are certainly "body types" in this world. i've met and seen tons and tons of people, and eventually it becomes uncanny, and you realize, lots of people really look and sound a like. i don't mean act or dress, i mean their features, everything natural about them. it's really bizarre, and something you just need to be trained in identifying to understand.

and on the other hand, most people are subconciously attracted to people that look like them. this is either a degree of oedipal or elektra complex, or narcissism. either way, we end up breeding similar looking humans.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Scripture hints that a persons guardian angel can look like them. Read the part about Peter being set free from jail by angels, and when his friends saw him they thought he was Peters angel because they knew he was in jail. Kinda' hints that guardian angels can look like the people they guard.

If you believe in scripture ...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
No, but there is someone who is me named Shane because the number of times over the years people have stopped me and said "Shane, hows it going?" and that's pretty freaky - from about the age of 13 till about 30 or so it's occurred on occasion.

Or people have said "How are the kids?" - from various places, shops, work, etc, and I don't have any, so I tell them, and they look at me like I'm going nuts and tell me "But you're so and so's husband.." and while that's not as freaky as being called Shane, it's a lot more annoying...

I'd like to meet Shane and ask him what he's done tho, I've been asked twice by the cops for details and they've called me Shane.

Oo

damn dopplegangers.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Wow! What a story! I never met myself, but once I walked from the kindergarten where I usually brought my sister in the morning to. It was early and cold. I crossed the street and turned to the sidewalk and passed a shop with dark windows. While walking I took a look at myself and saw myself staring at the sidewalk.
I passed the dark windows. A few seconds later I´ve noticed that I had seen my reflection... but not as it should be. I turned back and had a look again, but everything was normal this time.
I was as awake as I could have been. It was too cold for daydreaming.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Fox Molder

Stories about Doppelgängers are relatively common, even Abraham Lincoln supposedly had one, but I think they are just cases of misidentification. Especially when people are fatigued or have just woken from sleep, the mind plays tricks sometimes.

Apparently I have one too. My auntie and uncle took my little nephew to the zoo and he started calling out my name whilst running towards a person who he obviously thought was me. My auntie and uncle realised once they were close enough that it wasn't me but they still said it was an uncanny resemblance.

Which left me asking the question; Which one of us is the evil one?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

So, you met this man, and you didn't ask (and/or he didn't) ask him about his surname, where he lives, how old is he, did he say he was shocked about this encounter, and etc.

He just saw you, and you saw him, and you were both shocked... And then both of you just carried on like nothing happened?

I really cannot believe in this. Perhaps you could give more details, huh?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Scripture hints that a persons guardian angel can look like them. Read the part about Peter being set free from jail by angels, and when his friends saw him they thought he was Peters angel because they knew he was in jail. Kinda' hints that guardian angels can look like the people they guard.

If you believe in scripture ...

I have met my higher self whilst in altered states and he does look pretty much exactly the same as me. Just bigger, more powerful, more knowledgeable, more energetic and more full of life.

I guess you could say your higher self is your guardian angel. They do guard you and make changes in your life.
edit on 20-10-2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
In your head, there are two people. If you are male, your subconscious is female. If you are female, your subconscious is male. Somewhere on the planet, there is a person of the opposite gender who embodies your subconscious as their own conscious, and vice versa. It is very possible to meet yourself if you look hard enough.

You have been served your daily dose of crazy.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Same thing happened to me almost, I was at a family reunion in Pennsylvania and we were atop this spiral of a mountain, and I met this man, I instantly felt some cosmic connection to this man, like I WAS him. It was very odd, but since then I have never had another experience of this kind.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I can't say I have.

I've had ppl say they saw someone that resembled me a few times...

What if one gives one self a feisty handshake?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by xiphias
In your head, there are two people. If you are male, your subconscious is female. If you are female, your subconscious is male. Somewhere on the planet, there is a person of the opposite gender who embodies your subconscious as their own conscious, and vice versa. It is very possible to meet yourself if you look hard enough.

You have been served your daily dose of crazy.

I don't know this for certain but it makes complete sense to me. My innate feeling seems to feel more good about it than bad also.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I felt an urgency to share after this story struck a chord in me.

I once was out with a group of friends in northern california doing some camping in a very remote location. It was near the south fork on the Yuba River. This river is amazing and this particular section of it is known for its massive boulders surrounding it Anyways it takes about three hours of driving down motocross/4wheeler trail to reach get here, once parked we hiked about 45 minutes into the woods along the river trying to seek out a good spot to set up and do some stargazing and hanging out. we were having a great time but not really prepared. it was getting dark and we had not set up our tent nor did we have flashlights but we managed to pop it up no problem. we got a fire going, as we were telling stories hanging out whatever, My chair lost its footing on the uneven rocky surface and I tipped over almost into the icy cold river. well i braced myself with my right hand to stop the fall but there was some broken glass underwater where my hand planted. turns out it pretty sliced my middle finger off of my right hand. I was losing blood quickly (maybe related to drinking) and fainting every time i try to stand up as my friends try to stabalize me and prevent me from hitting my head on any rocks as im in and out of conciousness. For some reason my friend thought it would be a good idea to just sleep on it since we were so far out of any civilization and the hike back would be very difficult and dangerous in my state, especially in the dark without flashlights. even if we managed to miracurously get to the car, I wasnt going to let any of us drive because we all had been drinking.

what felt like an eternity but in reality was about 5 minutes a man with bright led head lamps and backpacking gear is yelling asking who we are and if everything is ok as he can hear us panicking not knowing what to do, the girls im with tell him we need help and i cant get back up the cliff to get on the trail that would lead us back to the car and eventually the hospital. without a breath, this man came down, threw me over his shoulder hiked with me back to his jeep, put me in drove me to the nevada city E.R dropped me inside and I never saw his face again. I never got his name, face, number, license plate.I didnt get to tell this man THANK YOU for possibly saving my life. i fought the doctor off to go outside and try to thank him during a rush of adrenaline but his jeep was already gone. my friends arrived soon after saying the same thing,. no idea who or what this guy was. to this day I still wonder, myself from the future, my guardian angel...I have had lots of stitches and broken bones in my time so I realize the severity of this situation, that man was someone special and it blows my mind that it happend the way it did. thank you OP hope you can feel some connection to my story as i did yours. take care

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I have had a number of friends and family approach me and ask why I ignored them in town (or similar) when they shouted hi, but at the time I have been somewhere completely different, my parents and girlfriend have seen this guy too, and if they recognise him as me there is something wrong // weird somewhere, lol. Never met the guy personally though.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
That's a beautiful story, whether it's true or not, whether there's more to this than we think, it made me smile.

I once thought I met my twin, but then he cut his hair.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 123321

I did not meet him as per say, he was in another vehicle. It was only about 30 seconds that the whole thing played out and I did try to cut traffic and chase him down but to no avail. Sorry to disappoint you, I do not wish to sensationalize the story, sometimes things just happen and you just can't explain them, what was I to do.??? ( insert U.F.O. here and worm hole there plus maybe a few flashing lights in the sky over the morning moon? )

It was a simple event that I can not explain. period.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join