It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did you ever have an encounter with yourself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hope this is the right place for this topic

I've had many weird experiences in my 32 years, but most I could explain with my theories and belief systems . there is however one experience I cannot explain and I've been wondering myself sick about it:

The first time it happened I was 7 years old. I was walking down the street with my grandma when suddely I saw a girl across the street. She was standing there, my age, my hight, same hair collor and style... I kept looking at her thinking that there was something strange about her. Then it hit me, that girl was me!
I remember yelling to my grandmother to look at the girl, she looked and didn't seem interested as if she saw nothing unusual.

The second time it happened I was 17 years old. I was sitting in a pub by the window and looking outside. A bus stopped at the busstop in front of the pub. My attention got caught by a girl on the bus, she looked back right at me.
My reaction was exactly the same: first I wondered what was so weird about this girl, a few seconds later I realized that girl was me. I told my boyfriend to look at the bus, when the bus drove off he said he didn't see anything and thought I was getting nuts

It happened a third time, a few years ago, I was sitting on a terras in a shopping mall when I saw a woman walking by, she looked me straight in the eyes. Same lenght, same face, same hairstyle.. It was me again.
I don't know why I didn't just get up and go talk to her, that thought didn't even enter my mind on that moment.

All times this happened I just knew the person I saw was me. Only the clothing didnt match my clothing, as for everything else it was like looking in a mirror.

I have asked my parents several times about the possibility of me having a twin or sister I don't know about (my known sister and I don't even look alike that much). They say there is no chance that I have another sibling. They laugh when I bring this subject up but I am 100% sure of what I saw.

btw, this was not an obe or vision thing, she was really standing there, as real as you are sitting behind your screen right now.

That brings me to the reason I'm posting this: I'm looking for an explenation ofcourse,
did anyone have similar experiences or at least a theory to explain this experience?

greetings
GypsK

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There is the Dopplegangger theory that I've seen posted around here before.

Don't have a link at the moment, but I'll see if I can find one.

Edit: Here we go Doppleganger

[edit on 1/4/2009 by balrathamir]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
That is bizarre.

I've had a few instances, were people said after I went to the bathroom in a restaurant, that I was over at the cash register and they talked to me, then I came back from the bathroom, and were very confused.

Never knew there was anything to it. Thought he went crazy!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the link, and for the word "doppleganger", It never occured to me to look that up. Having a "double" is something you see in a movie or something like a long lost twin, lol.

well, there is the doppleganger myths and the real life stories I found by googling this. Seems to be a not so uncommon experience afterall

thanks

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

heh, that is bizare!
You mean he didn't only look like you but acted as if he was you aswell?
I would want to know everything that guy said to them

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Maybe it's like you from an alternate dimension with different events and more advanced technology, using some inter-dimensional technology to come over here and screw around with you.

Why didn't you ever walk up to the person and ask them "what's the deal"?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I would say its more like alternative realities inter lap each other and sometimes people see the other "us" from a dimension that is so similar to ours (and so "close" that it blends in) that we do almost exactly the same thing with minor differences. Like the real you went to the bathroom but the alternative you wanted to go grab a beer before he goes to the bathroom .

[edit on 1-4-2009 by Thill]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If you think of it, how many different combinations can the human face possibly manufacture ?? Has to be some limit. As with celebrity impersonators for example, there are multitudes that could pass as such. Some could easily pass to an untrained eye. However I do not think that there are people out there that consist of the exact DNA as you or I. Upon closer examination and under microscopic scutiny you'd find differences, i.e. shape of toes, faint freckles, hair density, etc...

Yet, the possibility of another 100% match of a single Gisele Bundchen walking around may give one some motivation to seek it out. Tom Brady can have his, I'll go get mine.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
reply to post by GypsK

Maybe it's like you from an alternate dimension with different events and more advanced technology, using some inter-dimensional technology to come over here and screw around with you.

Why didn't you ever walk up to the person and ask them "what's the deal"?

The first time I was 7
The second time there where two windows between us + the other one was on a bus
and the third time I explained in my original post, it just didn't enter my mind to go talk to her... I was stunned and puzzled.... I thought about it afterwards, when she was gone....

if it happens again I will try to talk to her... (and maybe all she'll ever tell me is that daddy dear isn't such a dear after all)

[edit on 1-4-2009 by GypsK]

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Thats happened to me in dreams only.
Cough 2 lines.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by _DISAVOWED_

hehe, since i didn't know who Gisele Bundchen is I had to google her...
Ok, I can see why a guy would want two of those

I agree, even twins have small differences when you look for them, unfortunately I haven't looked that close...

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Unconscious ubiquity. It could be a hypothesis. About the clothes that dont match, do you like the clothes on your "clone"? Do you feel weird/different when it happens? Exept excitement and fear?

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I have not seen my doppleganger, how ever, My mom seems to think she has seen my dopplegangler, very recently infact.

She called me up the other day. She saw some guy at a bus stop. She said he looked EXACTLY like me. Same hair color and style same glasses, same everything. Apparently he even dressed like me. She stopped her car, Thinking it was me, and offered a ride. It wasnt me though, I was about 20 miles away from there at my home. She said she just could not get over it. He looked just the same as me. If my MOM of all people was fooled into thinking some stranger was her son....wow, it must have been my doppleganger.

She is not the type to make up stories, so I believe her. I wish I would have been there to see! I wonder what his name was and what his family looks like.

[edit on 1-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

sbj

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I too have had similar expierences however they were with people that were not an identical match to myself. They were people in which I could see similarities, but it was almost like the alternate reality version of me. Its very strange when it happens. I feel this odd connection to the person, and often times when interacting (like with a store clerk) we will say the exact same things at then exact same time with the exact same inflection.

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I've had an experience like this, but I only saw the person that looked like me. My friend though, he had an experience at camp one year. We were both in highschool over the summer break and he swore up and down he met a guy that looked just like me but acted completely the opposite. I've wondered a lot about what he told me, seeing how he passed and isn't here anymore. Could there be doppelgangers lurking around? If they are.... are they exactly like you, or in some aspects are they opposite? Kind of like... good and evil, ying and yang?

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The cloths where noting special imo, the 7 year old had on a light blue dress, the 17 year old I only saw her jeans jacket and the last one jeans and t-shirt. Probably the same style I dressed but not my cloths.

as for feeling anything, I can't say I felt weird, the situation was weird but for the rest I just had this "OMG!!!" feeling

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
A few years ago I was in a hospital waiting for one of my friends who broke her leg. One of my other friends showed up and sat down, asked me how she was doing etc.. on with the story..

We were sitting there, I turn around to look down the hallway and when I turn back around the empty seats across from us there is an old man, he looked about 70 or 80 sitting there with perfect posture in a black suit(I myself often wear black suits) he had my hair and i think eye color and was smiling at me. I whispered to my friend "look at that guy.." my friend said "What guy?" he didn't see him.. I sort of just sat there for a few minutes without saying anything else and when I looked at the guy again he was still sitting there this time I noticed he had the same scar on his right hand in the same spot I do.. I accidentally stabbed myself in the hand taking out a chunk of flesh a few years prior and its quite a noticeable scar now..

My body went numb I was really creeped out by this. He got up and walked down another hallway after a second I got up and followed him and he disappeared around a corner and I never saw him again. My friend asked me where I went when I got back a minute or so later I said "I was going to talk to that old guy in the black suit" my friend said "What old guy?" My friend isn't a stoner or anything like that.. he normally pays attention to his surroundings just as much as I do and he later said there wasn't anyone else in the waiting room with us, which other than the mystery old guy was true.. there wasn't anyone else there except the security guard and the receptionist.

After that I sort of just shrugged it off even though he had the same scar on his hand that I do it didn't really click until later I wondered if I had seen a future version of myself It sounds crazy and I don't really think that was what it was but its one of the many strange things that has happened to me over the years, just thought id share.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by Raverous]

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I for one think that's a great story,
thanks for sharing

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
That's so trippy....
I have never ever once come across anyone that looks like me, even close...
I have found some people I thought did look like me, and my friends would laugh at me and be like "Um no....not really at all, sorry...." lol...I have bad perception of what I look like I think. I know reasons for this too actually....that's unrelated however.
My boyfriend told me there is a girl that works at the bar in his town that looks identical to me and that she has the same first name as me and that he can hardly stand going there anymore (we're currently long distance) and she always tries to talk to him and flirt and stuff...she will dance with him when she's not working, sometimes. He usually goes there with his sister when she comes to visit, and he'll end up drinking. That's when this girl will show up and usually convince him to dance lol....she's apparently very seductive and slightly mischievous. I hope she doesn't end up causing trouble,
though I he is very trustworthy.
A bit of a weird co-incidence but it seems only right, somebody had to pop up eventually, that resembled, me somewhere in this world, sometime in my lifetime lol It is just a bit odd she has the same first name as me. He's never asked her her last name, so I can't say for sure that this wouldn't be some freaky double with my identity I guess, but I don't tend to imagine it being possible since I've never really heard about this stuff til now.
When I go to visit I want him to take me there so I can see her for myself

The story about the man with the scar on his hand....like I guess that would be like....a future self? That's totally freaky... I would never want to see my future self. The idea actually bothers me somehow.
I wonder if these things are common.

I'm going to go read the stuff on doppelganger.....
I hope you get to see your double again and can actually talk to her! That would be fantastic....I'd love to hear about it!

new topics

top topics

join