It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uganda newspaper publishes 'gay list,' calls for their hanging

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Uganda newspaper publishes 'gay list,' calls for their hanging

edition.cnn.com

(CNN) -- A Ugandan newspaper published a story featuring a list of the nation's "top" gays and lesbians with their photos and addresses, angering activists who say the already marginalized group risks facing further attacks.

Earlier this month, Rolling Stone newspaper -- not affiliated with the U.S. magazine with the same name -- featured 100 pictures of Uganda's gays and lesbians. Next to the list was a yellow strip with the words "hang them."

The story comes about a year after a Ugandan lawmaker introduced a measure that calls for the death penalty or long jail terms for those wh
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well. I don't see the UN/World making any noise about this one. Time will tell I guess but I think time is of the essense.
I can see some mass kilings going on soon.

I don't want to see it but I am afraid in a country such as this, being Gay will get you killed-evidently. Thing about if you are one of the 100 outed people.

Here is the US, people like that Perez Hilton (I think his name is) makes a living by Outing people who wish not to be known as a homosexual/gay. And, he laughs about it. I guess that is a step towards more equal rights for anyone who is gay-I think?

Interesting where in the US people (some) wear Gay like a badge of honor and spend a lot of their efforts trying to convince the rest of society that they are not Odd and or in the Wrong.

Wonder who will rush to the poop fellas just outed in that country? I am gonna go a limb here and say.... ZERO.

There is a mission for the New-to-be-formed Gay US Military. Go to Uganda and free the punished soles there. I hope Obama or his cronies aren't seeing this.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Genocide? Last time I checked, the United States didn't even care about the genocide inflicted by Hitler until the Japanese made the war our problem. Sadly, if large corporations aren't profiting from this in some way, and the government isn't gaining more control over the population as a whole, nothing will happen.

Homosexuality: a natural form of population control that is being suppressed, and, as a result, being a main contributor to the global issue of overpopulation. This is evident in countries like India who also demonize homosexuality -- look how well that worked for their population. This is a huge problem... but a bigger problem is that stupid people don't care about real problems, they just make decisions that can get them more money. Oh, and did I mention they are in charge of everything?
edit on 20-10-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It's their country. They are free to do what they want, just like Iran is free to build an atomic bomb.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

You just stated the obvious. Not whether or not its right for the newspaper to say such preposterous things.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

Yes but the obvious is right. Why should the US UK and Allies have to get involved in what goes on in another country. Uganda is not a western country they have different sets of values customs and beliefs, even if these may seem extreme.

It is not our place to intervene with what goes on in another country
edit on 20-10-2010 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-10-2010 by KingDoey because: spelling

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey
It is not our place to intervene with what goes on in another country

We should have been taking your advice for decades.

Unfortunately we haven't.

WWI
WWII
Korea
Vietnam
Afghanastan
Iraq

Why was it our place to intervene in those countries then?
edit on 20-10-2010 by Nutter because: Keyboard hichup

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Makes me laugh about this hypocrisy.

My life has shwn what uk is like for males not interested in females, and its beyond a joke what i have been through, for not liking them.

So the same peopel will get upset at another country doing virtually the same thing.

The hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

The UK has been a participant in all of these conflicts (bar major troop deployment in Vietnam) either because it has had aggresion shown towards it or because it is backing up an Allied country.

War is different. You are talking about a completly different set of factors for intervention.

If you want to talk about intervention for social issues then why hasn't somebody sent a military force to clear up the streets of our glorious homeland of benefit busters and feral youths?

Why should the western world have any concern as to what goes on elsewhere when at this given moment in time there are much greater problems that need to be addressed in our own countries?

Let the Ugandans do what they want it doesnt affect us

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

Well WW2 we weren't just going to let Japan bomb us and get away with out.

Now unless you get off into the whole other conspiracy that we knew and allowed them to bomb us to get into WW2 is a whole different conversation.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingDoey
reply to post by Nutter

The UK has been a participant in all of these conflicts (bar major troop deployment in Vietnam) either because it has had aggresion shown towards it or because it is backing up an Allied country.

There's the rub isn't it? "Backing up an Allied country".

Guess who you're backing up in Iraq. A country that suppossedly went in to "liberate the Iraqis". Where's the aggression shown towards the UK or the US when the official stance is we are there to "liberate" them?

War is different. You are talking about a completly different set of factors for intervention.

War is different. But, what would be the difference from liberating Iraqis and liberating Ugandins? Oil? Well, I bet Uganda has lots of diamonds we could reap. Let's get going.

If you want to talk about intervention for social issues then why hasn't somebody sent a military force to clear up the streets of our glorious homeland of benefit busters and feral youths?

Do you need liberated? I sure the US would be happy to do it. BTW, what kind of natural resources do you have for us? Seems you have to have a natural resource for us to be in your country.....sorry.

Why should the western world have any concern as to what goes on elsewhere when at this given moment in time there are much greater problems that need to be addressed in our own countries?

I think all countries should frown upon genocide of ANYONE.

Let the Ugandans do what they want it doesnt affect us

It will. How many Ugandans come here to visit? To live? To take residence?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Yes you are right War always has to have a beneficial objective apart from just being seen to do the right thing. I accept that.

However, I think you will find the majority of the Uk was opposed to Iraq (and Afghanistan) for that matter. Unfortunately this country is run by spineless politicians who cannot make decisions that disagree with the gd ol' US of A.

I am sure that Barack will police the world as usual. There will be another war, our fine British troops will have no choice but to follow and some of my friends will end up coming home maimed. All to ensure that the lapdog Condems do their part for Uncle Sam.

I am sick of our country helping others when there are so many more important problems at home that need urgent attention.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Elsek

Either way. You don't find it coincidental in the least that we went to Europe after Japan attacked us?

That's like going into Afghanistan when Saudi's attacked us. Oh wait....we did that too.

Anyway, we are getting off topic. All I can say is I wish the gays in Uganda good luck and I hope they arm themselves to the teeth to take a few nuckle draggers with them. Imagine what would have happened had the "witches" armed themselves with machine guns.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
reply to post by Elsek

All I can say is I wish the gays in Uganda good luck and I hope they arm themselves to the teeth to take a few nuckle draggers with them. Imagine what would have happened had the "witches" armed themselves with machine guns.

Yes arm themselves with their own weapons and use their own methods to deal with their own problems. Do not have a problem with that

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

I agree with you.

One thing I would like to further state though is that the line of thinking of "It's over there, it doesn't affect us" can not be further from the truth. Just look at what is happening right now in the UK with the Saudi Prince killing his suppossed gay lover in a UK hotel. In Saudi Arabia, it is ok to kill gays but not in the UK. Therefore, another countries traditions and customs have already spilled onto your doorstep.

edit on 20-10-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yes mate it spilled over and now he has been jailed for life according to UK law.

Just like when western girls are not allowed to walk around in bikinis in Islamic states. You abide by the codes and customs of the country you are in.

Anyways all good points to consider.

Over and out
edit on 20-10-2010 by KingDoey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If it was the case in the UK and the US to hang all Homosexuals and Paedophiles then our governments would collapse. There would be no-one left in government to control us!!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by KingDoey

You also make good points.

I'm not saying to force the Ugandans, but to shun them like we do Iran for the same thing. Although Iran might become one of our territories soon too.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It's amazing how things happen.

I just happened to be watching a documentary about Iran tonight and how they are now turning all the homosexual men into women with sex changes. The peculiar things I found about it where:

1. After the sex change they are considered women and are given the full rights of women (whatever that may be in Iran).

2. They are forced into a sex change because if not they are disobeying the koran. Because it is against the Koran to dress as a woman if you are a man and vise versa. But it is fully supported that Allah (God) made a mistake and made some males instead of females and vise versa).

3. 33% of those who have had a forced sex change since the 90's have committed suicide.

4. Amadinoprick says there are no gays in Iran.

5. The very staunch Islamic doctor says that his procedure is to make the vagina out of the man's rectum instead of just skin tissue therefore giving the man/woman more pleasure. Also that the rectum is more like the vagina as oppossed to just skin as the rectum also has natural lubricants. My questions is: Why not just let gay men have the "natural" rectal sex then? Duh......

edit on 20-10-2010 by Nutter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
It's their country. They are free to do what they want, just like Iran is free to build an atomic bomb.

Not everything is so cut and dry, black and white.

Evangelical Republicans Behind ‘Kill The Gays’ Law in Uganda

An anti-gay bill in Uganda that proposes the death penalty and long prison sentences for homosexual acts. Uganda’s Parliament — encouraged by American evangelicals (who converted Uganda’s President, Yoweri Museveni, pictured below) — in October introduced a new draft legislation, The Anti-Homosexuality Bill, that will “… greatly expand criminal penalties against lesbians and gays.” Currently, “carnal knowledge of any person against the order of nature” carries a sentence of up to 7+ years imprisonment under Uganda’s penal code. The proposed legislation seeks to imprison anyone convicted of “the offense of homosexuality” for life, while “aggravated homosexuality,” will incur the death penalty.

Since they cannot kill gays in the US, they encourage it elsewhere. It is one thing to let people kill who they want in their own country but it seems quite another to actively talk them into it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join