It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you wake up with no memory of dreaming?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If I sleep with my head pointing south, I nearly always have disturbing dreams. I typically sleep with my head pointing north, and either do not remember my dreams, or remember very little of them. I don't usually have much trouble falling asleep.

Interesting subject!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I don't believe a night goes by without me dreaming. I can't remember ever having a night of sleep with no memory. Sometimes I will remember flashes of my dreams, but for the most part i can remember everything. I'm a very lucid dreamer.
edit on 20-10-2010 by lucidclouds because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I am an insomniac, have been for as long as I can remember. No matter how tired my body is, my brain sometimes just won't STFU and let me sleep. I have to be dog tired mentally to sleep. I remember my dreams maybe 5% of the time, I tried for a few months to keep a dream journal, didn't help. I am planning to start that again, and keep it up for at least a year, see how that goes lol. The dreams I do remember are usually really vivid and terrible dreams.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I haven't had a dream in many years, I am 19. Also I do not remember falling asleep.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Almost never dream (or think I don't because I can not remember). When I do, once maybe twice a year, within minutes I can;t remember what it was about.
I do not fall asleep easy. I can not get my mind to slow down long enough. To prove my point I have been up for 27 hrs now lol.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I usually fall asleep fairly quick, and once i'm asleep I rarely wake up til morning.
Most of the time, I'll go for long periods with no dreams. If I do have dreams during this time I don't remember them. And then for no reason, for a week or two straight, I'll dream every single night, very vivid, strange dreams, the ones that seem to last for hours. Then the cycle will repeat and I won't dream again for weeks, up to a month.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

usually when I fall asleep quickly I don't remember dreaming, and when I do dream I can always recall what happened in the dream. Hope this helps

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It is rare, that I remember a dream. Something knaws at me that this isn't quite right. I'm being cheated. Something is being with held from me. I sometimes awaken thinking "they" are doing this. Lowering this thick veil of forgetting. I have no feeling of anger toward them, only real,genuine love.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is a test, to see if somthing is working? So, ANYBODY! What does it mean?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I recall having dreams every morning, but remembering them later in the day is another story. It depends how focused I am on the dream after waking up. Usually, the more intense/vivid the dream, the more important it seems to be and the longer I think about it and remember it for.

There was a period of time that I didn't recall my dreams too well at all. This is related to vitamin b6 status. I take a b-complex now, so it's no longer an issue. If you can't recall your dreams every morning, you're b6 deficit. Pop a b-complex, and see if that helps. If not, you may need to get the most active form of b6, p5p. You know you've got enough b-6 for health when you have proper dream recall just after awakening.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I am in this group however, I believe most of my issues results from an illness and the medication I take.

I can remember the last time I woke up with a memory of a dream: It was extremely surreal and lucid to the point that without a reality check that the surreal part was so far out there that it could not possibly have been real.

I prefer to not remember my dreams than wake after a lucid one.

Ho w I sleep: I am happy if I can sleep for 3 hours uninterrupted(woken up by pain or toss & turn in pain until I wake) take Rx and try to get an additional few hours. Then there are times when I will be so exhausted from lack of sleep I do not wake up for 12+ hours.

Excellent topic for a thread

Flag & Star as I am very interested in others experiences.

Warmest Regards,

t

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
While it depends on a bunch of different factors, I have time periods where I go without dreaming. When I do, I typically have a difficult time falling asleep and most of the time it feels like I had awaken from blackness. I was never sure what to make of it, especially when I was younger. I was under the impression that I needed to have a dream every night to be normal.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I have a easy time of falling asleep but I very rarely (If ever) remember my dreams, this is prob. a good thing most times. On a lighter note the reason I don't remember is prob. from the vast amounts of bourbon I drink before going to bed
LOL

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Never remember my dreams, unless I sleep lightly and try to recall them as soon as I wake, which is hardly ever.

I have terrible trouble falling asleep.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So why are you interested in how we sleep? We could be lying. A conspirarory lie to skew your data. To invalidate it. To make it meaningless. I dream all the time . Isn't it time to lift the veil?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I probably remember a dream 5 to 6 times out of one year as an adult.
as a child remembered 50% of them.
also in a dream i knew i was dreaming and controlled my actions.
if i fell off a building i wake up before i hit the ground.
and every time i try to fly id get five feet of the ground and some force pulls me down i used to hate that.
one time i pulled the flying off chasing after super girl across the planet.

dreams are wierd.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

My wife falls asleep quickly. She wakes up same time every morning. She has no recollections of ever dreaming. She says she thinks she might dream. She just doesn't know, because she doesn't remember ever, a dream she has had.

On the other hand, I dream everytime I fall asleep. And I remember them, too. And sometimes, I wish I couldn't remember certain ones.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

I very rarely recall any dreams I have. I can go to sleep almost on command lol

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I never remember my dreams - I know everyone dreams but it doesn't seem like I do.

When under stress, I wake up screaming - so I must be dreaming. I also talk in my sleep too.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I very rarely remember any dreaming... I attribute it to the smoking of the pot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join