It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you wake up with no memory of dreaming?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
yes some times i remember dreaming or i wake up and fall asleep again and some times multiple times and ill remeber part or the whole of the previous dreams or none at all that reality we wenter is kinda wierd from my preception at atleast, but im just experiencing like us all, its hard to decern reality as we know it from dreams really most the time im not sure of if im waking from a dream or entering the next. Some times they seem so odd but other they feel so much mroe real interesting subject always interested in hearing from others

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I remember my dreams quite vividly. I actually tend to confuse my dream world with real world events. I remember everything from colors to wind direction to building layouts. I've never been a good sleeper either. I get about 3-4 hours a night... My father is the same way. Just the other night I had a string of lengthy intense dreams that seemed to go forever... I woke up 20 min later feeling plenty rested. I also tend to lucid dream often, but I never try to control them, rather I just let them take me to new amazing places to meet more amazing people. I can dream about some creepy or trying shtuff but I never get freaked out or anything.. Things tend to work out in the end. I've always been intrigued by dreams and would love to see your results should you arrive at any interesting conclusions. If you have any questions about anything regarding my sleeping habits and/or dreams, just let me know. I'd be more than happy to share. Hope I helped!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
reply to post by Amaterasu

Amaterasu,

Interesting poll. Is the collected data gonna yield any results or are you just curious?

Just very curious. I see many here that speak of lots of dreams, and since I virtually never remember any of my dreams...I was wondering if I am close to unique, or whether I was amonst many.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My husband never - never - remembers his dreams. He's convinced that he just doesn't dream. The upside is that he seems to sleep waaaay better than I do. Reading ATS will definitely give you some freaky dreams.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I never remember my dreams, but I know I dream. they just fade, like something falling and I cant grip it. It's the strangest thing come to think about it. I sometimes try, for about half an hour, to remember and the longer I try the more I forget or the less sense it makes even though my dreams seem rather mundane. maybe I'll remember them. one day. when I actually start putting myself to bed at the correct hour

interested to see what the outcome is here.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I most of the time don't remember any dream. But I know I've had one as sometimes when something happens in real life that correlates with the dream (always on the same day I had that dream) I suddenly recall what I dreamt! Also, sometimes I do remember but I can literally feel it being erased from memory within a minute or shorter and poof can't remember a damn thing. As a kid I had terrible nightmares and most bizarre dreams. I sleep normally with no problems falling asleep. Sometimes I daydream as well and always remember those (eg. when taking a brief rest while sitting on a chair).
edit on 21/10/2010 by SassyCat because: Corrected syntxa

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I haven't had any bad dream due to ATS, I had weird looking aliens, creatures and whatnot but not a bad dream. However, I first found out about sleep paralysis here and was in absolute shock and terror then because it was like 2AM and I had to go to sleep - first time I slept with light on due to terrible pathological fear of it.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I don't remember dreams 99% of the time. I always fall asleep and stay asleep easily.

Like a lot of others have said, the only chance I have of knowing I was dreaming is if something wakes me up suddenly, like the kids jumping on the bed or something

Even if I realize that I was dreaming, after I go back to sleep and wake up I still remember I had a dream but I can't recall details of what it was.

I've read somewhere about teaching yourself to remember your dreams, it said to set your alarm clock at varying times and write down immediately if you remember anything. You are supposed to get better and better at remembering. I don't want to loose too much sleep so I haven't tried that yet.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SassyCat

Paranoia is a great thing... once you understand its cause... an irrational fear! Lucid dreams are the best and that's probably what you're describing! It makes you wonder if you haven't been here before? Or if we really do exist within parallel universes!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I rarely ever have a night where I don't dream. Those nights are the most peaceful to me. My dreams have affected me for most of my life. I think they affect my sleep to the point where I don't want to sleep. I feel worn out every morning because my dreams are so vivid and intense. I have become a borderline alcoholic because alcohol is the only thing that helps me fall asleep easily.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Thank you to all who answered this. I see I am not alone. It seems there may be a bias towards sleeping well and falling asleep quickly with a lack of awareness of the dream state, though some have skewed the scale.

Thanks again!

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I have wondered for a long time if it was just me, or do others wake without any memory of the night. I have not had a dream for many years. The night is a blank slate. I do fall asleep at will, I tell myself its time, and I fall asleep. When I was young I did have a recurring dream, but now nothing. I often hear friends talk about their dreams and wish I could remember mine, that is if I do have them. Its been on my mind lately and have even tried mud wort which is said to help intensify dreaming, but still nothing. Good topic OP thanks for posting and I look forward to reading all the replys.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
In time before 24 for me is hard to sleep, this can be easy if i am very tired. And looks like i have no dreams. May be one time in some months i have dreams while sleeping.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A lot of times I wake up with no immediate recall of a dream that I had,but usually,I can remember it within a day or so,and even recall which night I had the dream.

A few days ago I dreamed I lost nearly all of my hair,but where it had fallen out,it was already growing back in a military style haircut.......

Bizzarro.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Only very, very rarely do I wake up and remember dreaming much less remember my dream. I hardly ever remember dreams, although I remember the recurrent ones (perhaps because I recognize them?). I know people say that we dream every night but really, I'm not at all sure I believe that.

I go to sleep very quickly, in fact all I have to do is to lay my head down most of the time. I sleep soundly but not too soundly (i.e. I don't sleep through dogs barking, etc...).

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
depending on my state of mind and how tired i am its usually pretty hard for me to fall asleep.
i sometimes remember my dreams but only small parts that are quite hard to retain as i wake up.
on the rare occasion i have become completely aware of that fact that i was dreaming and been able to do whatever i felt like. but if i do remember my dreams i think its only because i consciously will tell myself to remember my dreams before i go to sleep.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I fall sleep with no problems. I would say I remember 1-3 dreams a month.

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
again... it all depends on your diet. eat b6 and b12, and eat healthy (and excercise) in general and you'll have normal dream recall. if you don't stimulate your brain very much during the day, you won't recall dreams either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join