Do you wake up with no memory of dreaming?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is a poll, if you will. I am curious how many of you wake up with not just no memory of your dreams, but no awareness that you even dreamed.

Also, if you have no memory, please mention whether falling asleep is easy or difficult for you.

If you remember dreaming, please don't respond here - you can flag the thread to bring in the greatest number of "samples" so as to get a broad response.

Please respond if you rarely or never remember dreaming.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I have night which fall into both categories. Sometimes I wake remembering having dreams, other mornings I wake with no recollection of having dreamed at all.

I seem to recall reading something somewhere that waking naturally vs being awakened by something effects this.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
yes.. i fall asleep with no trouble at all but i have had sleep where i have not dreamed or dont remeber dreaming about anything..

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Every time I dream I can remember my dreams. Maybe people are different?
So yeah lol!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I myself have a hard time falling asleep most time, without some type of "medication". I barely ever dream and if i actually do i have no memory or awareness of it. I don't even remember the last time i dreamt. Im not sure if this is important or not but i am also a chronic marijuana user.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I am sure that many have nights that fall into one category or another. I am hoping to hear from those who virtually never remember their dream experiences at all.

Thank you for your responses.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

If its between the hours of 11:00pm and 7:00am its then no, I don't remember my dreams,if I try to sleep in the afternoon I usually have some weird dreams.that counts right?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
If I fall asleep curled up to my wife (in our usual weird position, one of my hands on her face, other hand holding hers, & both feet touching) I have dreams I can control and remember. If I fall asleep the other way, back TO her, I have usually bizzare dreams that fade within moments of waking. It's really irritating that I can't remember them, seems like the harder I try the further they elude me.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Hey there Amaterasu,

I never remember my dreams and have no feeling that I have had any dreams and just forgotten them ...

I go straight off to sleep and sleep peacefully through until morning.

The only time I have ever remembered dreams (and with extreme clarity) is when I have been disturbed during the night and then go beck to sleep ... I always dream then and remember the dreams (this might only happen 3-4 times per year).

Great idea for a thread ... I'll be interested to see how common this is.

Woody

>>>edit to add

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I verry rarely dream, but the times i do remember my dreams they are bad ones that still stick in my mind to this day.
I all so have trouble sleeping, most nights i get 4/5 hours sleep max.

Maybe my lack of memeory when it comes to dreaming as something to do with how much weed i smoke.

The last 2 dreams that stick in my mind i had over a 2 or 3 year gap.

The first one was when my son was about 3 months old and this was 6 years ago. in the dream there was a big flood in wich my girlfriend and my step son vanished into the water and i escaped the flood by surfing in my baby sons moses basket with him, we got to safty by riding the baby basket to an oil rig.

The 2nd dream was allso with me and my son(he was about 3/4 years old at this time) and we where stood in the street and i noticed him looking up at the sky, so i looked up to and noticed that the sun was pulsing and growing bigger, it kind of looked like CGI in my dream lol. then the floor started to crack all around us and i woke up.

The later dream was before the move 2012 so i didnt dream that dream about the sun because of that movie, in fact that movie reminded me of my dream in some ways.
edit on 20-10-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-10-2010 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Geehood

Haha read my post. must be the pot 8)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I remember but sometimes it takes me a little while in the morning for the dream to hit me. Sometimes it takes 60 seconds of trying to remember it. then all of a sudden, BAM, it hits me.
edit on 20-10-2010 by Setoman because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-10-2010 by Setoman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

I often have nights where i think i dont dream but i still believe i have. As for the most vivid dreams you mention, i sometimes have very bizarre upto nightmare scale and usually wake to find i really need the loo so in some way i believe your body sends message to brain to shake things up to wake you for obvious reasons.

Also its likely that the reason we dream is due to minute secretions of dmt from the pineal gland. Even people who conciously use this hallucinagen have extreme difficulty remembering the experience as it dissolves away upon returning to the now within seconds just like a dream.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I fall asleep usually within about five mins., and never remember a single dream. Very frustrating as some people have some great dreams and recollection of them.

Must admit though, whn younger I had some really bad dreams. Maybe I'm blocking the dreams now?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Amaterasu,

Interesting poll. Is the collected data gonna yield any results or are you just curious?

Personally I hardly ever dream. I have no trouble falling asleep (although I am incapable of sleeping more than 5 hours each night) but on average I guess about one dream every 2 months or so....

Weird thing is, the theme of my dream is always the same. The setting might vary but it is always about me running and discovering with every step that I am capable of jumping a little higher. Until I am jumping higher than the trees and then I try to maintain flight. I always succeed in this and spend the rest of my dream flying allover the place....

When landing though, I usually end up graping some streetlight or traffic sign to slow my speed and prevent me from crashing to the ground......weird huh??

That's about it, hope it will help you in your research.

Peace
edit on 20-10-2010 by operation mindcrime because: Minor adjustment, changed able to capable.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I am a smoker that is constantly trying to quit. So when I smoke my dreams come less frequently. I wake up with no recollection of any dream. When I do not smoke for at least 6 to 8 hours before sleeping my dreams are extremely vivid. I can't wait to quit smoking so I can dream more.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I sometimes remember dreams but i normally forget them within minutes of waking.
Its rare for me to remember a whole dream unless its reoccuring.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher
reply to post by woodwytch

I often have nights where i think i dont dream but i still believe i have. As for the most vivid dreams you mention, i sometimes have very bizarre upto nightmare scale and usually wake to find i really need the loo so in some way i believe your body sends message to brain to shake things up to wake you for obvious reasons.

Also its likely that the reason we dream is due to minute secretions of dmt from the pineal gland. Even people who conciously use this hallucinagen have extreme difficulty remembering the experience as it dissolves away upon returning to the now within seconds just like a dream.

Hey there cropmuncher,

It's a fascinating subject isn't it ?

I agree that like you the dreams I do remember are always weird and have in the past been nightmarish ... the one in particular that always springs to mind was one where my son was a toddler in the dream (in real life at the time he was an adolescent) and he was drowning in a well ... no matter how hard I tried I couldn't reach him and I could see the sheer terror on his little face under the water looking up at me ... I woke up shaking and sobbing and still thinking it was real. It took me about 30mins to calm down and even then I didn't dare go back to sleep in case I dreampt it again.

I can see the point you make about dreams waking us up because we may need to pee ... but in my case I only dream if I've been disturbed and already been to the loo ... so that rules that theory out in my case at least.

I wish I did recall my dreams ... I always think they are quite symbollic and I feel like I'm missing out on one of my senses somehow.

Woody

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Guilty, and dont have any probs. sleeping. Sometimes I remember my dreams, most of the time I dont, I am off into you know.....
why?
edit on 10/20/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I dont think i dream, in the 16 years ive been with the missus i think ive had 3 dreams that ive been able to remember and recall to her and i think they have been dreams that have either been weird or frightening.

I suffer with Insomnia really bad and have done for as long as i can remember, i get only a few hours of sleep a night if any at all. Because of the lack of sleep, when i do sleep, im in a really heavy slumber almost like an extended power nap, and this is what causes me not to remember the dreams i have. I also cant remember falling asleep (if that makes any sense) when you start to relax and feel tired you would usually get comfortable knowing your going to be asleep soon, but i dont ever seem to recall getting that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join