It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you wake up with no memory of dreaming?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

The best mornings are the ones where I wake up with no memory of my dreams. I'd say that it happens to me around 3 or 4 times a week nowadays, it used to only be once every 2 to 3 weeks. I don't sleep very well, but there is no particular pattern (I know this because I had to keep a sleep diary for a while) to how I fall asleep when I do or don't dream...either way sleep takes ages to come and my wife complains daily that I move around too much in bed an that it's like I'm "running or fighting" You should hear what she says about the moaning and the screaming! lol

If you're looking for a dreamless sleep OP, then U2U me and I'll tell you about the over the counter stuff that was recommended to me.

Rev

edit on 20/10/2010 by revmoofoo because: My kingdom for mad spelling skills!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I fall asleep quite easily and rarely remember my dreams. When I do remember my dreams they're pretty garden variety: sex, flying, running from something, etc.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
dream recall has a lot to do with nutrition. they say the vitamin b12 is great for dream recall. really, it usually does depend on your diet/health though. makes perfect sense to me.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
For me the equation is simple, drink enough and don't dream or at least don't recall it.
Go to bed sober
and I'll dream.

Simples.
edit on 20-10-2010 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I have trouble falling asleep and there are many nights that I wonder if I dreamt at all.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I've had insomnia for years, so falling asleep has always been difficult.

I very rarely remember my dreams, in fact i haven't remembered my dreams, or even been aware i was dreaming for years.

When i do eventually get to sleep, i can wake several times a night, or else i just 'snap' awake and feel like i've only just closed my eyes.

It's a right bugger.

Don't take any pharma drugs, and am not on any prescribed meds.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I never dream, if I do I do not remember them. I have no difficulty falling asleep. Unless my wife is snoring.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hello Amaterasu.

I fall asleep each night with no problems, even when under stress. I go to sleep every day approximately around the same time. I sleep deeply through the entire time.

Regularly, I do not dream, nor do I have a feeling that I forgot the dream. I hear people say that we have dreams every single night, we just forget them, but I never wake with a feeling of forgetfulness.

I do dream about once every few months or so. The dreams are always the same theme, but different scenarios. These extremely rare dreams are always of me in some type of post-apocalyptic world. Buildings cracked, damaged, and rubble everywhere. Bridges damaged with huge chunks missing. Never encounter other people, just always an intense feeling of running, hiding, and getting away. My last dream I was hiding in some unknown house, preparing to survive a nuclear blast. These are the only dreams I remember, and they only occur once every 4-6 months or so.

Some might say too much 2012 or WWIII on the mind, but I experienced these dreams before the recent "Doom and Gloom" media campaign.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. In fact my husband , frustrated with not falling asleep quickly, has nudged me awake and said "it's impossible for anyone to go to sleep that fast!". I have no trouble staying asleep, but I rarely dream. 99% of the time, I have no memory of dreaming. If and when I do dream, it is a daytime nap that produces it. Then they are usually a weird kaleidoscope of images.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I will say for the first 20 years of my life, I did have dreams and they centered mainly on self or loved ones, I gave permission for the dreams to cease, Only needed about 4 hours of sleep and felt refreshed. I slept hard.

My second half of my life, 30 years, no dreams that I recall, slept soundly and only needed 4 hours and felt refreshed, but I will say that occasionally during the winter months when I wasn't working the weekend, I could sleep all day.

The last 4 years, my dreaming has returned, my sleep state is interrupted occasionally/ well nightly, but really no problem for me. I sleep sound when I fall back to sleep and now I average 6 or 7 hours of sleep.

All of the above, when I say soundly, I mean soundly. In fact, a tornado ripped through my town and on my street once and I didn't hear or feel a thing. Another time, a tornado hit my back yard, I slept through. My children would shake me when they were younger because I was so still, they feared I was dead. I am also a late night person, usually worked the grave yard shifts, and have always slept with a light on from the TV, and always needed sound.Do not like stillness or quiet . Hope this helps
Falling asleep usually takes about an hour, I don't find it hard or easy, just the way it is for me.

edit on 20-10-2010 by electricalpup because: response incomplete

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I rarely remember my dreams and i have trouble getting to sleep, I don't sleep well at all in fact.
Like a previous reply I am a smoker and when I last attempted to give up I could remember my dreams, I used nicotine patches and found that I had extremely vivid dreams when I had them on.
The dreams were very bizarre and felt so real, I experienced a few nightmares during this period too.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have lucid dreams... Dreams within dreams... Where it starts... I don't know... Where it end's anyone's guess!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I rarely remember my dreams. Dimethyltryptamine production in the Pineal gland during REM sleep helped me understand dreams. We spend 8 hours a day sleeping, yet we cant remember our dreams 5 minutes after we wake up? Dreaming/ REM sleep is clearly more significant than we think.

Our conciousness could be protecting us by not letting us remember our dreams. seems like what we might learn would be to mind blowing for us to handle.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Either I wake up and remember every detail of my dream(s), or it doesn't even cross my mind that I dreamed at all.

I go throughout spurts where in the matter of weeks I can remember almost every one of my dreams and then I can go months without remembering that dreaming is possible.

I am also a marijuana user and find no correlation whatsoever in dream patters, or remembrance of them. I find when not using I never dream.

So about 2-3 months with nothing and 2 weeks remembering everything. Sounds funny I guess.

Pred....

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Iam 33 work 10 hour days, takes me a hour to fall asleep, sometimes i sleep good sometimes i dont, I never remember my dreams, i dont remember anything this is fact up, they say everyone dreams. but as i get up in the morning i still dont rember anything, what does this mean

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by knightsofcydonia

Cool interpretation of our consciousness.

'___' is actually a drug that when smoked, is so similar to way that our brain functions that the body eats the substance within minutes when ingested.

There is a book called "'___' the spirit molecule" which is the only scientific studies ever done on the drug and the doctor refers to it as the spirit molecule, so I'm sure the only one to have done studies on it would know what he is talking about.

I think that '___' is very important for our bodies, because if we do not sleep and release '___', and go on a trip we will die. That's funny, you must trip out or you'll be dead.

All those people that hate drugs have the worlds most potent psychedelic drug being released and causing dreams every night which they love, only to try and make plants that do the same thing illegal.

Stupid, stupid people.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have DSPS (Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome), so I find sleep a very difficult thing. I am really envious of people who can go to bed and have a proper night's sleep!

What I find is, with the DSPS, is that I have dream sleep much later than most and because I have to go to work at a normal work time, that I wake in the middle of dreams. I can remember the dream when I wake but it soon dissipates and I can't then remember that dream.

I also have states where I know that the dream is a repetition, I have episodical dreams but I only recognise that in the very brief waking period.

Anyway, I haven't slept properly for twenty five years, so maybe I'm not the best person to ask!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

its not that straight forward, for me its the same as what Hefficide said. its like a cycle sometimes, i go through long periods of nothing then suddenly get a run of dreams that i remember and sometimes feel very real.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I toss and turn sometimes for hours, and never remember dreaming. I had a dream about a week ago and remember very little of it,and that is the first time I remembered some part of a dream for a long long time !
What do you think it means? I never really looked into it.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

OK, I don't remember my dreams, don't sleep very well (stress) and people find it strange that I donn't remember dreams. Feel free to drop me a U2U if you have more questions.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join