It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange loud, metal sounding almost like gears changing sound in the skies!!! 092410

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Im not sure how to describe this but several days after a ufo sighting, appx: 3am I herd what sounded like a horrible sound it was so loud almost like a train passing by but amplified ten times and it sounded like gears grinding, like a large transmission. The sound was coming from the western skies and I seen what could've been a plane judging solely by the distance (can't confirm really what it was but I know better not to asume ) anyhow I watched as it traveled going up slowly only seen lights and slowly it lifted as the sounds kept the same level seemed not to lower itself just sound like metal! It sounded so horrible Im suprise no one even talked about it or even mentioned anything anywhere. I live in St. Charles, IL. Did anybody else hear this?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndSEED

Just to play Devils' advocate for a moment...

Could this have just been a tractor trailer traveling over hills with an inexperienced driver grinding the gears? I've heard some pretty rank noises come out of semi's, on inclines, with new drivers.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

No... would've been logical but naw this was coming from the sky.... It would sound like a truck as U describe but at least 20 times louder than I can imagine a SEMI would sound... It was coming from the sky....

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndSEED

Its not the transmission,its commonly known that on the early model ET crafts they had all types of problems with dodgy differentials.

Well thats what I`m supposing it is, I`m no ET craft machanic.

Could have been a flying tractor.

Apologies I`m in a funny mood.

Ask around locally,if it was as loud as you describe,others would surely have heard it also.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndSEED

A flying saucer with a noisy transmission or muffler? Could be with all the outsourcing that's been going on in recent years.

tt

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

There was a post about the same type of sound coming from england posted here just a couple of days ago. People were discussing what it could have been. You should find that post and read it it's interesting.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Nothing wrong with cracking jokes it's always welcome... Yes I been waiting for almost 3 weeks and not one word yet so I felt maybe no one really wanted to mention it since it's a very odd and unexplainable sound!!!! Imagine trains passing with 200 cars combined with 20 semis all making rattling sounds and somebody blasting a stereo with surround sounds over a P.A system!!!! it was wierd and loud... Only know that it sounded metal like....

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by epsilon69

Thank you.... will look for it!

Can not find this thread you speak of, is it under UFO's?

edit on 20-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndSEED
Yes I been waiting for almost 3 weeks and not one word yet

Well three weeks is a long time to get answers or confirmation from your nieghbours.

You said it was 3am in the morning,sound travels far in the dead of night,couple that with an apparent UFO sighting a few days earlier and ones mind could play tricks on them,where it may have been explained if you had of asked questions locally much earlier?

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I hear Ur statements which makes plenty sense. But It is trully hard to go neighbor to neighbor asking questions if I don't know them....

I wanted to call the local paper but chicken out of fear... Figured ATS would been a good place to wait and thus far not one word...

Yes sound travels and believe me this was one of those sounds that isn't a normal one.... I found out not so long ago lets say a week ago that just about 6 miles away is the FERMILAB....

Would that place make noise like that? To add I mentioned I did see a light that was in the sky while the noise was going.... It was visible for a good while but in a distant...

edit on 20-10-2010 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This has been happening for hundreds of years.
You can find out more about what you heard from Charles fort.
I have reason to beleave it coude have been a another world that we passed or passed our planet. These sounds have been heard all over the world but I beleave you will find Wat Charles fort has to say about loud sounds in the air pritty intriguing!

NICE POST MATE WILL FLAG!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stargazer88

Thank You.... Kindly regards... I will take a look about Charles fort....

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndSEED
Imagine trains passing with 200 cars combined with 20 semis all making rattling sounds and somebody blasting a stereo with surround sounds over a P.A system!!!!

This was at 3am? I'd guess it was your own or someone else's snoring that woke you up!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndSEED

When you say metal like. Do you mean metal as in the material, or metal as in the music?
Strange case you have on your hands.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by torsion

No,,, (SMILING) I was awake at the time laying in bed been a night owl lately, insomniac am I....

I think ATS should make a local section for specific threads like this so one can concentrate on specific regions, it would make things easier....

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I'm not sure where st. charles is, but I'm in central IL and I asked my boyfriend if he heard anything last night while he was up and he said he thought he heard something odd but thought it was a plane? I kind of want to stay up a little longer now so I can see if it happens again

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

Hello Brady... Good question! Metal like material... Infact if it can add to explaination... Imagine pressure building up in a giant steam room and the pressure builts up to a point one finally opens an exust, all you hear is a roar poaring out like every 6 seconds, now in between that the loud gears shifting and grinding... than we got like fright trains passing by....

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Could be the earth changing into overdrive as we approach the freeway,buckle up for a ride on the crazy train.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Sometime last year something similar happened in my area - although I did not hear it. I was told about it the next day, and several folks on a local internet forum talked about it too.

It was the strangest noise they had ever heard. It was near the time of the season finale for LOST (So I kind of remember the date) as folks were making jokes about the sound the island made when turned.

I know that it was never mentioned in the papers, and I know lots of people heard it and were like "WTF!!"

One guy said it sounded like his roof was about to collapse and he was miles and miles away.

No one has been able to figure out what it was.

I remember my dogs going crazy that night .... but like I said, I never heard it.
edit on 20-10-2010 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Maybe it's blue beam ...
doing a sound check?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join