It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

is ATS working for "the man"? [HOAX]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
now all of the sudden ATS wants us to identify ourselves by placing a credit card on file so they can " weed out" the problem people. yes, there are ALOT of you annoying ass people that just want to start crap on here because your annonymous, but thats why ATS blocks them. anyway, that sounds like a good cover reason to place our credit cards on file, but with any good conspiracy nut, we'll say
'kiss my ass!".sounds like big brother may have gotten to you,eh, ATS? now if we have stumbled upon something big, or seen something and want to discuss it and spread the word, WE CANT WITHOUT FEAR OF BEING TRACKED! i thought thats what made ATS feel so safe in the first place. annonymity. i say no to this. i do not wish to be tracked, monitered, and scrutinized on a "conspiracy" site. this site was probally generated by "the man" in the first place to moniter what we're saying so they can get the drop on the cover story. enjoy your dollars big brother because the ones you really want to watch, wont be here.
edit on 19-10-2010 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Meh?? I never had to put a credit card on file here.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
me neither.
And it woudl be nice if ATS upgraded to an https connection.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteboynolan

And where did you hear this????

News to me.

As far as i am aware anonymity is still the rule and will stay that way.

Got any evidence????

Ah can you hear that???.....that is the sound of Skeptic Overlord coming to kick your butt for telling porkies!!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Where did you get this information from
Credit Card details never heard of such an idea I am sure you have got this one wrong

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteboynolan
now all of the sudden ATS wants us to identify ourselves by placing a credit card on file so they can " weed out" the problem people.

Um...if someone sent you a message saying this, you better report it.
ATS wouldn't ask you to do this.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Sorry Op, I think youve got your wires crossed here. Although, I would love to hear where you got your information from?

There isnt one of us here who hasnt dropped the ball ourselves, so dont worry about it. ATS, like life is surely a learning process.

Respects to you.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The fact that I am here and posting this now and have not been banned, and firewall blocked from ATS for life should be proof enough that ATS is not working for "the man"

I am, therefore ATS, isn't!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I'm shaking in my boots as I type this.

edit on 19-10-2010 by Nathan-D because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

ATS does NOT want you to give your credit card number or picture. That was a foolish idea from a poster that was shot down by ATS staff. The last post in the thread clearly stated this.

This thread is a repeat of threads that come up every couple weeks. ATS is not the man. ATS is not working for the man. Or maybe ATS is. Doesn't really matter either way.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
reply to post by artistpoet

Sorry Op, I think youve got your wires crossed here. Although, I would love to hear where you got your information from?

There isnt one of us here who hasnt dropped the ball ourselves, so dont worry about it. ATS, like life is surely a learning process.

Respects to you.

Hey Hey I am not the OP

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

...yes, there are ALOT of you annoying ass people that just want to start crap on here because your annonymous, but thats why ATS blocks them. anyway...

Well articulated. I think you should give your credit card information to whomever asked for it. Be a good example to us annoying ass people who want to start crap. Lead the way!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I suspect the OP arose from this ridiculous thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
we've never asked our members for a dime, let alone a credit card.

we subject you to ads and, in return, you get all that we have to offer, for free.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It's moot either way. If ATS has any ties to any Government agency there would be nothing you could do about it, and if they are they will not tell any of us, and there would be no way for us to find "proof". In fact, even if you hide behind such things as TOR or any other anonymiser, it would take the NSA around 2 seconds to find your butt and knock your door in so it's pointless to even debate.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I have never been asked to pay a dime.
If i had i would tell ats NOOOO because i don't do credit cards or pay to post.

This is yet another dillusional thread among many, yet you accuse others of coming here to start crap?

edit on 19-10-2010 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

that reminds me, your "dues" are due at the end of the month

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I thought that was deducted automatically??

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

I have never been asked to pay a dime.
If i had i would tell ats NOOOO because i don't do credit cards or pay to post.

This is yet another dillusional thread among many, yet you accuse others of coming here to start crap?

edit on 19-10-2010 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

Exactly what I would expect a government dis-info agent to say. That's right-- I'm on to you.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

now all of the sudden ATS wants us to identify ourselves by placing a credit card

No such thing is happening, nor will it ever happen.

Thread closed.

top topics

join