It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks is down and has stopped tweeting

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by IllMannered
FYI, Wikileaks has begun tweeting again.
2nd

here is the link for the newest tweet
twitter link

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

Uh ... I still show "working" connections to various Bit-Torrent "Trackers" for that file.
It's also still widely available on eMule/eDonkey networks as well.

As of right now the WikiLeaks site says ...

WikiLeaks is currently underoing scheduled maintenance.
We will be back online as soon as possible.

edit on 2010-10-19 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

The Wikileaks website has that text on it for about a month.

Either they are preparing something or hidding/protecting their site/servers/whatever imho.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDeader

Being familiar with web hosting I disagree.
The only time that page should be displayed is when the server cannot fetch the index page.
Usually this only occurs while uploading newer versions of the web pages during which, the files are of course not fetchable.

Somethings up, I wonder what it is.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Docs released - they tweeted!

beta.diarydig.org...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheTruth

Being familiar with web hosting I disagree.
The only time that page should be displayed is when the server cannot fetch the index page.
Usually this only occurs while uploading newer versions of the web pages during which, the files are of course not fetchable.

Somethings up, I wonder what it is.

That sounds good but since they released on an alternate page I have to assume they bailed on their home page for 'unknown' reasons.

edit:

The "WAR" is on:

thelinknewspaper.ca...
edit on 19-10-2010 by maluminse because: war link

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by maluminse

beta.diarydig.org...

those docs are from Afghan,
I thought the new releases were
gonna be from Iraq??
maybe I'm wrong

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TasteTheTruth

Beeing in the hosting business i disagree

On some sites i have a 'maintenance switch': i change the value of $maintenance = '0' in my whateversite.cfg.php to 1 an the site is in maintenance mode. On more complex websites i'll do that through the admin panel.

*Edit:
In other words: You don't have to do maintenance / upload an update to put a site in maintenance mode an vice versa
edit on 19-10-2010 by TheDeader because: explanation

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

beta.diarydig.org...

Do people read anything anymore?

DiaryDig.org is an independently produced website which provides an easy way to search through the Afghan War Diaries, which were made public by Wikileaks on 25th July 2010. The documents are a set of over 76,000 reports (with more coming in the future) which cover the war in Afghanistan from 2004 to 2009.

Oops, there is that 2004 to 2009 thing again.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

beta.diarydig.org...

Do people read anything anymore?

DiaryDig.org is an independently produced website which provides an easy way to search through the Afghan War Diaries, which were made public by Wikileaks on 25th July 2010. The documents are a set of over 76,000 reports (with more coming in the future) which cover the war in Afghanistan from 2004 to 2009.

Oops, there is that 2004 to 2009 thing again.

Never mind the fact that the tweet itself identified it as the Afghan War Journals haha....patience everyone, might be a few days or a few weeks still.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Should finish downloading in an hour, until then I will star and flag this in case anything happens.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Sorry for the double post, it seems there was an update on the twitter page.
It would seem that this is war

twitter.com...

thelinknewspaper.ca...

edit on 19-10-2010 by Segador because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-10-2010 by Segador because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TasteTheTruth

I disagree. That text could be a simple "under-construction" (or "dusty page" as they are called in some circles) - not an error-type re-direct. It seems like a deliberate post to me, not an error condition.

My guess, is they are either (less interestingly) doing a complete re-working, and don't want it to be public until it's ready for release. Or (more interestingly) the are afraid that the domain will shortly not be under their control anymore (due to some pending legal action, etc.), and are working on getting all the content moved over to another site on a domain name - presumably less likely to be turned-over to US authorities.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

And now we get a glimpse (though skewed) at the ultimate objective here, and that is to force through cyber security legislation and executive orders giving the government more controls over the internet.

Their war (with themselves) will leave all of YOU victims.

On one side, WikiLeaks has assembled the brightest and most dedicated hacker-activists in an effort to turn the Internet into a bastion of transparency and information freedom.

On the other side, the United States has combined its Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, National Security Agency in an attempt to clamp down on the Internet with censorship and encryption-banning laws.

Both parties, however, have fully realized the importance of the Internet and the outcome of their battle will change the face of the world.

thelinknewspaper.ca...

Get ready, because what comes next, you are going to have to see to believe.... and it isn't coming from wikileaks.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Maybe related to this news:
Pentagon asks media not to publish WikiLeak documents on Iraq

Which is the same as:
Iraq documents: Pentagon asks media to ignore WikiLeak

Which might all be related to this:
US government trying to kill our funding

The media will pick this up no matter how much the US government begs, the best thing to do is to go after the organization and shut it down.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
BTW. did you guys read what was written in the before mentioned Reuters-link
Read what that Pentagon guy said. (Somewhere in the middle of the text)
"Credible news Organisations" yeah of course MSM is "credible"

Talkin' 'bout the insurance(Encrytion->aes256) from Wikileaks..., for those of you who have access to the Usenet (Binaries), you can still download it there with full speed.

"The concern is that WikiLeaks as an organization should not be made more credible by having credible news organizations facilitate what they're doing," he said.

Source: Reuters

edit on 19-10-2010 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Torrent is still alive and moving right along.
Wiki Torrent

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

yeah the government is going to do what they can to not have any more papers released on the "war"

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Wikileaks twittered this article a couple of minutes ago....thelinknewspaper.ca...

It doesn't apparently add much new to the discussion, but they've posted it for a reason. Maybe people more awake than me can see something? Whatever, these few lines caught my attention...

Uniting towards their ideal, the world’s most talented hackers have gravitated towards WikiLeaks and what it represents, forming the largest political hacktivist group in history. The U.S. found itself facing an enemy it had never prepared for. The Internet has become a nation, a state, a perfect meritocracy—one that is currently in a state of war.

It has its culture—those who entertain, those who are heroes, those who produce media, those who report, those who play, those who work. It has built a net of mental inhabitants and it has become the first metropolis of its kind, of which a past example is inconceivable. That lack of a prior example is what makes the real world so wary of it.

By architecture, the design of the Internet is fundamentally different from the design of the real world. There cannot possibly be rulers, or any figure of authority in a world of information, but there can be power.

Nice perspective there.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
"We the people" apparently have nothing to say about it? Our country would be a lot better off with no military and no intelligence "services".

OK here I am. Break down my door. Let me see your short haired, dour faced, sunglassed goon squad... Take my computer, wreck my house. Hell why not shoot my dogs too? Make your raid for an hour before dawn just like in real life.

The only reason my country needs be afraid of Wikileaks is because it is guilty on a world wide scale of interfering in other countries governments to suit ourselves. This practice which started full steam in Iran just after ww2, has to stop.

I've lived too long to be afraid anymore. Vietnam was nothing compared to what's happening now.

tt

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join