It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks is down and has stopped tweeting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

twitter.com

Last tweet was two hours ago and was a plea to download their 'insurance'. Torrents for the insurance have gone dead.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.youtube.com
webcache.googleusercontent.com

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It appears that the 120 person task force put together by the US has succeeded in completely stopping the dissemination of the information to be leaked today.

News reports have been updating this situation but no mainstream media has picked this up. ie cnn dailybeast etc

Temporary or permanent?

twitter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

You really can only run so far from the long arm of the authority.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

It could be a site error, It could be the government trying to cover their ass.
But it seems a bit suspicious if you ask me, there's somethings the government just doesn't want their people to know.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

Could they just be overwhelmed with the dump of 400,000 pages of classified info.?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

At the Pentagon, Lapan said he was not suggesting that news organizations ignore leaked documents, but questioned providing "a veneer of legitimacy to WikiLeaks" by publishing the originals

So I wonder if that was a warning to the media "You can comment on it but don't post the originals or else"

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If wikileaks is going down it looks like the insurance card will be played.

That file could contain anything.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I am not a big believer in coincidences - especially "convenient" coincidences.

Assuming this isn't a momentary normal internet glitch, I'd say it's a safe bet this is purposeful. Now, as to exactly who is responsible and for what purpose remains to be seen as both sides have something to potentially gain from this, although one side would seem to have more to gain than the other.

Let's see how this plays out...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Didn't the Wikileaks site do something similar just before one or 2 of their biggest disclosures so far? I seem to remember the site going off line, or there was read only cashed pages available something like that.... And the guys behind wikileaks seems as if they had dropped off the face of the earth???

Maybe it's a standard operating procedure for them or something? Maybe they know that at certain times they are likely to run into real trouble, getting picked up by suits and stuff like that, maybe even assassination. So they plan in advance and high tail it to the hills, or the caves in Afghanistan

Maybe when they dump the documents out in public then they will go back to business as usual?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
ڈبل پوسٹ
Mbili post
Двойной пост
Dobbel post
Dvigubas pranešimas
Διπλό μήνυμα
Երկտեղանոց փակցնել
טאָפּל פּאָסטן
edit on 19/10/2010 by Now_Then because: Երկտեղանոց փակցնել

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Internet kill switch anyone?

Understanding the fear of exposure and embarrassment will go along way in evaluating why, in this new age of corporate sponsored political governance, we cannot be told the truth.

Anyone expecting a declaration of 'enemy-combatant' or 'global security threat' to follow?

And will our so-called "press" assist in the dissemination of information, or the protection of those sucking on the teat of status quo?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
anyone have this insurance? is anyone seriously worried? im confident things will work out in the next few hours to days

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Their insurance link:

www.torrentdownloads.net...

However the torrent was seeding and then went to 0...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

WikiLeaks is currently underoing scheduled maintenance

Don't panic.

Yet.

also

downforeveryoneorjustme.com...
edit on 19/10/10 by Bagatell because: added link

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I've got the file but I can't open it. Does anyone have an idea how to open an .aes256 file?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryu_Hayabusa

Without the key?... only NSA can open it.... maybe.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryu_Hayabusa

I'm sure you will be told what to do with it if things don't work out for them. Just sit on it for now. Like a chicken sits on an egg.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryu_Hayabusa
I've got the file but I can't open it. Does anyone have an idea how to open an .aes256 file?

The file is encrypted with AES as indicated by the extension. To decrypt it you will need something like this, but until the password is given you won’t be able to decrypt it. Brute-forcing it is not realistically feasible.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yeah, I forgot about the key.

But I'll be patient untill it hatches.
edit on 19-10-2010 by Ryu_Hayabusa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Granted I don't know much about Twittter or tweeting, other than the obvious, but is it unusual for wikileaks to stop tweeting for a little while?

Why was this cause for alarm?
Do they usually just tweet round the clock?

- Lee

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join