It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Museum Exhibit features UFOs, giant flying saucer on promo materials

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm not a huge believer in the "disclosure is near" meme, but this upcoming event at Royal Albert Hall in the UK caught my eye:

From October 25-31, visitors to Royal Albert Hall in London will be able to have their own encounters with extraterrestrial life. Through a series of exhibits, performances and events, families can engage with a wide range of topics on the theme of outer space, aliens and UFOs. [...] Promotional flyers for the event playfully depict a flying saucer beaming light down into the iconic 19th Century museum (pictured left).

www.aftercontact.org (Source)

The image they're using on the promo flyer is indeed pretty trippy. It looks like something from a science fiction movie, and yet strangely realistic. What do you all think, is this just an attempt to cash in on the public's fascination with all things ET, or is disclosure nigh (or nigher than usual)?

edit on 19-10-2010 by kristobal because: spelling (doh!)

edit on 19-10-2010 by kristobal because: format

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kristobal

*awaits disclosure nuts to claim its all part of the plan*

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Why would there need to be a build up to disclosure?

People that see this would'nt realise they were being conditioned for disclosure anyways, so it would still be just as much of a shock when they found out. Would'nt it?

Let me put it another way. Your essential preparing people for the unimaginable. If they cant imagine it ever happening then how can they prepare? So either your building up to the point where those who believe it will have it confirmed. Or your about to drop a bomshell on those who dont. Theres no middle ground.

Thats why i think the whole build up to disclosure is'nt real IMO.
edit on 19-10-2010 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

Why would there need to be a build up to disclosure?

People that see this would'nt realise they were being conditioned for disclosure anyways, so it would still be just as much of a shock when they found out. Would'nt it?

To answer your question, I guess the idea behind the "preparation for disclosure" claim is that people would be more likely to accept a new reality if they'd been subtly exposed to some of the imagery beforehand. Forewarned is forearmed, or something.

In this particular case, I think there are two things that stand out:

1) the somewhat strange pairing of scientific talks with UFO case files at a single event and
2) the weirdly creepy sound of the invitation for parents to "bring the whole family" to the exhibits. As we know, conditioning is easier at a young age than it is with adults.

Now I'm not saying that either of those hypotheses are necessarily true in this case, I'm just saying that they stand out to me.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

i said disclosure nut not conspiracy nut, and this is a discussion forum, i am within my rights to say what i think, i was also having a little joke.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

So what your saying is, those who are supposedly keeping this a secret from the world are at the same time trying to convince young minds that its true.

Dont get me wrong, i can understand the thinking behind this but there has to be easier ways of doing it. Rather than using some kind of subliminal messages. Would'nt this just be a slow admition that Governments are lyers?

That would,nt leave people with much trust in the Government and they would surely start questioning everything.

My theory is the Government knows no more than we do. Yes they may be holding back on things they've found or other evidence. That does'nt mean they can explain it any better than we could.

No one can be conditioned for something this huge IMO. I think the Gov would get just as much of a shock as we would if ET suddenly landed somewhere, stepped out and started waving at people.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal

So what your saying is, those who are supposedly keeping this a secret from the world are at the same time trying to convince young minds that its true.

LOL yes that is kind of what I'm saying (although I am not going to singlehandedly stand up for the disclosure cause).

There are lots of reasons government might want to do two seemingly incompatible things, either out of incompetence, or as part of some kind of social program. I don't know if you are familiar with social theory at all, but one author, Michel Foucault, has written a lot about what drives modern governments, and I like his theories a lot. One thing he always points out is that governments are faced with competing demands of security and prosperity for their citizens.

In Foucault's model, a government could very well want to keep UFOs initially secret initially, but then adopt a policy of public education because it was concerned about the mental health and security of the population once truth finally got out.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I doubt that the festivities in the Albert Hall are part of a UFO disclosure plan. In fact, I doubt that any of the recent list of events, from Dr. Hawking's warning about extraterrestrials visiting Earth, to the discovery of a potentially life-favorable planet in distant space are evidence of such a plan. I *do* think it is fair to say that disclosure, either by the governments, or by extraterrestrials themselves is an idea whose time has come. The sense that we are part of a larger, inhabited universe seems to become stronger all the time. Spontaneous displays of such awareness are becoming quite common. These sometimes present themselves as unsubstantiated rumors. If not for a general sense of expectancy around this subject, many of these events, initiatives, incidents, and rumors would not even exist. Is all of this anticipatory of some great, real-world event? No one can give a rational answer to that question, for no one can reliably predict the future. Still, the existence a restless, intuitive sense that we are about to be born, as a species, into a larger reality, one that includes a multitude of sentient beings, hitherto unknown, or only dimly perceived can not be denied. Let us wait, and see what wonders the future may bring. Ross

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Well tough because im holding you personaly to account for all this disclosure busines

No im not aware of Michel Foucault or his work on social theorys. Its a subject that interest me though so i'll have a look at some of his work.

That on top of the other fifty subjects that this site has lead me too.

Im just playing devils advocate really. I agree there could be many reasons why they would do this.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kristobal
I'm not a huge believer in the "disclosure is near" meme, but this upcoming event at Royal Albert Hall in the UK caught my eye:

From October 25-31, visitors to Royal Albert Hall in London will be able to have their own encounters with extraterrestrial life. Through a series of exhibits, performances and events, families can engage with a wide range of topics on the theme of outer space, aliens and UFOs. [...] Promotional flyers for the event playfully depict a flying saucer beaming light down into the iconic 19th Century museum (pictured left).

www.aftercontact.org (Source)

The image they're using on the promo flyer is indeed pretty trippy. It looks like something from a science fiction movie, and yet strangely realistic. What do you all think, is this just an attempt to cash in on the public's fascination with all things ET, or is disclosure nigh (or nigher than usual)?

edit on 19-10-2010 by kristobal because: spelling (doh!)

edit on 19-10-2010 by kristobal because: format

Good post, i think that the more that this subject gets into the public domain the better, what i found interesting was this part of the programme that is taking place at the Albert Hall and that is this article concerning a one Dr Lewis Dartnell who is a researcher based at University College London, studying how life, and signs of its existence, might survive the intense cosmic radiation on the surface of Mars;It is eye opening that the UFO/ET perception is getting more public attention over the years and long may it continue.I do remember reading in one of Tim Goods book ,author of "ABOVE TOP SECRET" BOOKS that there is a real perception of a governmental educational programme aimed at the masses to slowly get them used to the idea that we could or are being visited.

'Astrobiology' is a brand new field of science, encompassing research into the origins and limits of life on our own planet, and where life might exist beyond the Earth. But what actually is 'life' and how did it emerge on our own world? What are the most extreme conditions terrestrial life can tolerate? And what would an alien actually look like - how realistic are the life forms envisaged by science fiction novels and films over the years?

source link; www.royalalberthall.com...

Lewis Dartnell is a researcher based at University College London, studying how life, and signs of its existence, might survive the intense cosmic radiation on the surface of Mars; introducing astrobiology, 'Life in the Universe: A Beginner's Guide'. For more information visit
www.lewisdartnell.com...

Could be well worth getting this book by Dr Lewis Dartnell , sounds interesting.

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: grammar

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
To those who have the opinion that there is no disclosure happening now or any time in the foreseeable future , i am reminded of this quote below;

. . It is still classified above Top Secret. I have, however, heard that there is a plan to release some, if not all, of this material in the near future." Senator Barry Goldwater, Chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee (1975)

link; www.timothygood.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Hmmm

I cant really take any of those quotes seriously because theres no pretext as to the conversation. They could have been joking on with someone and got overheard by reporters.

Thats not to say they are'nt genuine but a little more info would go a long way.

Forever paranoid.

KC.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND
*awaits disclosure nuts to claim its all part of the plan*

*watches skeptics squirming at all the media fuss over UFO's*

I bet it's all part of the plan and this year they are stepping it up a level. Its going to keep the skeptics busy trying to keep up.

But dang it... sounds like a fun event... serving Barbarella's on the beach

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
For the record Im not a "disclosure nut" and in my opinion all the hype from the media (this promo material), politicians, heads of state, the Vatican and every other "jump on the bandwagon" disclosure enthusiast is leading us to the fake alien show that is Project Bluebeam.

There are way too many pieces of that jigsaw staring us in the face. Oh, and its less off the wall our own governments staging the big event than it is Aliens iether showing themselves or a disclosure from TPTB.

Ask yourself this...why would UFOs need lights other than to be seen and help create the big build up.

The evidence is there, but for some reason people are ignoring it.

Link to Serg Monast`s ground breaking disclosure of Operation Bluebeam.
www.educate-yourself.org...

respects

edit on 19-10-2010 by captiva because: I cant splel

edit on 19-10-2010 by captiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
To bad I live in America.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Ask yourself this...why would UFOs need lights other than to be seen and help create the big build up.

Maybe their spaceport back home also requires landing lights and marker lights for the same reason we do?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Never thought of that !!! ah well back to the drawing board, I never needed those 8 years of research anyway

This looks like a second line to me?...yup it is.
respects

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by captiva

Maybe their spaceport back home also requires landing lights and marker lights for the same reason we do?

I dont even think most UFO's have lights for a purpose. I thinks the light is a result of the ships propulsion system. I think certain UFO's might form a plasma around them, that allows it to be free of usual atmospheric forces like eloctro magnetism and it holds them free of gravity. Within the Earths magnetism, but free to move about in it, without any friction.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
I doubt that the festivities in the Albert Hall are part of a UFO disclosure plan. I *do* think it is fair to say that disclosure, either by the governments, or by extraterrestrials themselves is an idea whose time has come. The sense that we are part of a larger, inhabited universe seems to become stronger all the time. Spontaneous displays of such awareness are becoming quite common. These sometimes present themselves as unsubstantiated rumors. If not for a general sense of expectancy around this subject, many of these events, initiatives, incidents, and rumors would not even exist. Is all of this anticipatory of some great, real-world event? No one can give a rational answer to that question, for no one can reliably predict the future.

This is incredibly well said. It reminds me a bit of what Gandhi once said about the lifecycle of revolutions: first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. We are definitely getting past the "laugh at you" phase, but will mass acceptance of the notion of extraterrestrial life naturally lead to actual disclosure and/or contact?

edit on 19-10-2010 by kristobal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join