It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I feel Spirituality is important

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ever since i have been intoduced to ATS, i have gotten to see others opions in a way i never had before even when i was in the military. The topic of spirituality and why its important to me and why it should be to others and what others feel about spirituality.

Spirituality can refer to an ultimate or immaterial reality;[1] an inner path enabling a person to discover the essence of their being; or the “deepest values and meanings by which people live.”[2] Spiritual practices, including meditation, prayer and contemplation, are intended to develop an individual's inner life; such practices often lead to an experience of connectedness with a larger reality, yielding a more comprehensive self; with other individuals or the human community; with nature or the cosmos; or with the divine realm.[3] Spirituality is often experienced as a source of inspiration or orientation in life.[4] It can encompass belief in immaterial realities or experiences of the immanent or transcendent nature of the world. (wikipedia)

It is also in my strong educated opinion of logic that in order to obtain superrior technology you have got to be just as spiritualy in control of your life rather than having the idea that we still feel we need to use a nuclear power source rather than a free energy source. I have gone through things that only reason for me being alive after i was stabbed when i was 5 or 6 yrs old who else can i blame for my being alive for this day of enjoyment with my new daughter? I forgave my trespassor after the dr's put me back together even though my mother didnt understand why i forgave that person. Because of my look on life in a spiritual way. But two years ago i didnt really know my donkey from a hole in the ground.....per say. It has inproved my life for the better even in the darkest of times.

So, again i urge you to reconsider about who will run your county for you. Who will make that trip to work easier. Look from the inside and think about what your definition is of Spirituality and why we need it in our lives or why not...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I want to be spiritual but don't know how exactly and I understand that it is important but I'm not sure how to be spiritual, I'm kinda lost

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkvampire1011

well, the way i started i was out one night and just asked (who i think and feel is the "source" or God). Its all about taking the time and listening to your Gut feeling. If your not good with your gut feeling you can try just noticing certain patterns in your everyday life. I did it by looking at the clock and seeing what type of pattern through numbers ive seen. i use 3 number on the clock and usually i find a pattern. Dont let anyone tell you that you should be grounded to just one way of what you view as spirituality or how you should explain the unexplainable. I think you should do your research and see where it gets you.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by achaiah86

I am new to to ATS-
ATS will open your eyes. It will put you on your toes and wake your as up.
For the most part spirituality runs rapid here.
Some are subdued and others are blind with it.
I have always kept an even keel spirituality.
However,I see a whole lot more now when I walk out my door.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Here is some that makes sense to me, there are some very interesting subjects he speaks about. It is a bit lengthy, but definatly different perspective than the usual i would say.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the help, I think now I know which direction to go.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
achajah86,

offcourse spirituality is important, spirituality is life. Spritituality is willingness with, _God. _God as superiour being is very good for servance. While you live you get diner. THE WORK!!! THE STUDY!!!!
,... the infinite study!!!...........................................................

Creativity, the selffullfilment, the sense of care. The hope, the faith.
The blessing. The health. It is all in hands of the Creator. _God

none like Him up in the heaven.

Praise the Lord.

new topics

top topics

join