It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is being anonymous on ATS the right thing? I dont think so.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by splint

Don't read Jimbo's posts. He's a silly-willy.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Hi MrRed,

As good as your intentions are, And yes something needs to be done to removed others that are here just to be a nuisance. But Names and faces are really of no importance in reality, It does allow those on here to speak there mind, and not be ridiculed out side of here. My self I do not care, As I do not judge others and don't care about those who judge me. What we must realize, we are living amongst people that live in fear, everyday of there live's, And until all these learn to get over this fear, That does not really exist at all, There not a lot we can do for them, it is a obstacle for them to climb over. All of the mainstream media, movies, newspapers, music, everything you name, It's all designed to put fear into people. Even people them selves, like to put fear into people. Maybe if I keep saying fear too many time's, people might just ignore it. FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR, I could go on forever, But doe's not mean it's going to make any difference. There are still so many people shut off to reality, that they will still believe that fear exists. It only exists because people have been conditioned this way, Deliberately? I don't know? It could just be a big test to see if we can all over come these distractions, And focus on what we are meant to focus on, which is creating. I even made a video on Youtube about fear, But for a lot of people, it goes straight over their heads, and continue to live in fear.

I fear nothing, not even death, In the end there is no point. It's merely a illusion that man has created for themselves. By the way my name is Rick. You know what drives people even more crazy? Not being able to get to someone emotionally, it drives most people nuts. And most likely do more harm to themselves, physiologically that is. But that is there choice to try, Just like it is our choice to ignore, or retaliate.

So for your idea, some more though might need to go into it, But I am sure you will figure something out. All the best and good luck. Take good care

Love and peace

Rick

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

You sure?
just kidn
?

It's not that I don't trust the 'frie' competition, though I understand their vendors have some chemicals up your sleeves literally.
I'd rather make my own personally.
Tastes better, much healthier, especially if you grew it yourself.

"Grow it yourself".
Seems so long ago, no?
Codex Alimentarious means to illegalize the whole idea?

Imagine that.
With so much 'truth' floating around here and there, it's no wonder some ATS folk find themselves 'alien'ated from society. They simply see it for what it is and just try to 'cope' with it the best they can.

Some things are just hard to 'imagine' are they not?
One could imagine the worst that could be done to a person.
It's been done, more than likely, more than once.

When corruption rails from the top, it seeps down to it's bottom as acid unto the very Soul of that society.
.....though a new seAson isamongusasafungus.
Soon, there will be no other choice than to evolve.

edit on 19-10-2010 by Perseus Apex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Anonymity is very important. Alcoholics Anonymous was founded on the principle, that principles were more important than personalities. I believe the principle of anonymity is the key to keeping ATS successful. I can post things freely with out fear of retribution, from whoever, or whatever. I would never give a credit/debit card # to paypal. I think they're linked to organized crime.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Oh I agree with you 100%. I am just lazy

But you have inspired me. I shall make my own tomorrow!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRed

Why do I get the feeling that you're just a COINTELPRO asking us for our information because you can got a bunch of people and crazies to send stuff to a site so the FBI can cash in on our personal information? Do you really have anything better to do than just troll a message board like this? If you have a problem with people not saying their name and stuff like that than you should have more of a problem with any other website on the internet and not just this one. Seriously, you're a disinfo aren't you?

I like how this troll topic has turned into an interesting discussion about anonymity and why we need it. Being anonymous isn't for cowards or anything like that. We have anonymity so people can say what they want to say without people knowing that it's them. We need anonymity on the internet because we're talking to people we don't know so we don't want them to look us up and find out where we are and take our homes or something. It gives us more security. ]
edit on 19-10-2010 by Frankidealist35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by keepingaopenmind

Hey Openmind,

thanks for your post, it is quite accurate.

Yes some further though may be needed. Asking people for their face pic and first names might be a stretch.

I just do not know what they are all afraid of? Its hard to have your ID stolen from just a pic and first name.

So something must be scaring these people into some sort of paranoia. Just what is it?

Maybe these types of site breed paranoia and people feed of these stories to the point of needing the "light" on at night. I don't know.

Like you, i do not know why people fear so much.

No one is out to get everyone...are they?

I have a thought that sites like ATS through good intention create some really crazy people. Jeff Weise.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by MrRed

Why do I get the feeling that you're just a COINTELPRO asking us for our information because you can got a bunch of people and crazies to send stuff to a site so the FBI can cash in on our personal information? Do you really have anything better to do than just troll a message board like this? Being anonymous isn't for cowards or anything like that. We have anonymity so people can say what they want to say without people knowing that it's them. If you have a problem with people not saying their name and stuff like that than you should have more of a problem with any other website on the internet and not just this one. Seriously, you're a disinfo aren't you?

I like how this troll topic has turned into an interesting discussion about anonymity and why we need it. We need anonymity on the internet because we're talking to people we don't know so we don't want them to look us up and find out where we are and take our homes or something. It gives us more security.

See, crazy people!!

the disinfo phrase when a person questions conspiracy theorists. No wonder the reputation is a sure bet.

You just want to hide so you can get away with acting the big guy and not having any consequence. You are obviously the troll. I asked for first name and pic. Is that anything more than everyone who has ever met you know about you. NO. Another mindless post. get off my thread.

You use the anonymity to be a "man" when your real life persona may be something quite opposite. Its not right. Its not right you can hide and still run the mouth. Where has honesty and bravery gone?

Its a limited commodity here, that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRed

Sorry pal but you've got it all wrong. I am not a crazy person. I am an educated person. I'm going to a very competitive college right now. I have an associates degree that I earned from a community college. I get all my news and facts and sources from the same places you do. I look at conspiracy theory sites but I also look at real sites so I have a sense about what the mainstream is thinking.

But I don't use anonymity to hide behind what I'm saying or what I am thinking. I am a very real person. I don't moderate at all what I say in here or in real life. In fact if you saw me in real life you would see that I am just about the same in real life as I am on ATS. Most people here are what you see on the forum. It's just that we go here on the forum to discuss how we feel about conspiracy issues. I think you're an informant because you obviously either haven't been on the internet that much because if you have than you would know that ATS isn't the only site that is anonymous like this, but that almost all forums do it. Anonymity is for security rather than out of cowardice.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by alonzo730
I would never give a credit/debit card # to paypal. I think they're linked to organized crime.

Any proof of this wild claim?

Or is it just a "feeling"?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Putting your picture and name on the internet on a site that can be viewed by the public is like giving EVERYONE your ID card.
Im sure your not handing out copies of your ID en mass?
Your intentions may be good
but its just too dangerous, if people want to express themselves in full view they can do that in protests and stuff.
So lets just use the internet so people can express themselves with anomity, after all im pretty sure thats what the majority of it is for.
Otherwise, the people that want to be anominous for whatever reason may never get there points out.
edit on 19-10-2010 by littlecloud because: typo

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MrRed

So something must be scaring these people into some sort of paranoia. Just what is it? Maybe these types of site breed paranoia and people feed of these stories to the point of needing the "light" on at night. I don't know. Like you, i do not know why people fear so much. No one is out to get everyone...are they? I have a thought that sites like ATS through good intention create some really crazy people. Jeff Weise.

Spot on, It's the simple thing of people being people. We don't need site's like this to create fear, people have done this probably from the beginning of when man first became aware. I think first it was scared of shadows, and grew from that, lol.

Yes you are right, that it is hard to steel someones ID from a photo, and pic. I think most people are worried about, what other people think of them. I have a saying, passed down from my dad, and still live by it today, and that is "Get over it"
the sooner we get over things, the sooner we get back on track with our lives. because I have this saying in my head all the time. The most any one has ever got to me, was about 0.1 of a second. And that is the time that it takes me to think, "I'll get over it" lol

For all those who like to steel people's ID, They are only adding to put people in fear. But that goes all the way back to there upbringing. Or thing's that have happen to them, and now believe that the world owes them something. What ever reason they do it, in a sense is a mental condition, and is an addiction, that needs to be treated. Which is why we should not fear them. It only encourages them even more. Even if they take my house, my car, add big bills to my name. I'm still here, and I'LL get over it. It' all just material Crap, and means nothing. we only create our own hells and heavens. Our choice is to decide witch one to follow. Take Good care

Love and peace

Rick

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by MrRed

Sorry pal but you've got it all wrong. I am not a crazy person. I am an educated person. I'm going to a very competitive college right now. I have an associates degree that I earned from a community college. I get all my news and facts and sources from the same places you do. I look at conspiracy theory sites but I also look at real sites so I have a sense about what the mainstream is thinking.

But I don't use anonymity to hide behind what I'm saying or what I am thinking. I am a very real person. I don't moderate at all what I say in here or in real life. In fact if you saw me in real life you would see that I am just about the same in real life as I am on ATS. Most people here are what you see on the forum. It's just that we go here on the forum to discuss how we feel about conspiracy issues. I think you're an informant because you obviously either haven't been on the internet that much because if you have than you would know that ATS isn't the only site that is anonymous like this, but that almost all forums do it. Anonymity is for security rather than out of cowardice.

Ok fair points.

However please do not take this offensively. You are offering me YOUR incite and you state you have an associates degree. Here in England that is like half a normal Bachelors Degree. Im not sure where you are so forgive my ignorance but if that is the case and thats what you are using to wow me then please stop right there.

then you go on to say that you also look at "real" sites

I look at conspiracy theory sites but I also look at real sites so I have a sense about what the mainstream is thinking.

Is ATS not a real site? Maybe I was hasty in joining this unreal site. IS this you stating you know that all this stuff on ATS is NOT real? That is how you are wording your sentence.

You think im an informant because I dont know that other sites are anonymous. OK...but I did not know that ATS was striving to be like other sites. Just one of many!

People use the veil of security to delude themselves into thinking they are on the end of something dangerous. When in fact it because the prospect of facing people with these theories and stories is just too much for them to handle.

What have you too fear? Are people going to come for you? Because you questioned there ridiculous story? IF everyone is the world had that mentality nothing would ever be accomplished. Now I need to sleep!
edit on 19/10/10 by MrRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by MrRed

hahahaha.

hahahahh.

Actually,

edit on 18-10-2010 by XXXN3O because: To add: Bwahahahahahhahaha

On a more serious note

edit on 18-10-2010 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

I would have to agree with him.

I have a problem with posting info on the net if I just need to buy something. I would not be comfortable with putting personal info on a site with nothing to buy and a whole lot of poteintial loonies to deal with knowing who I am.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Idotwhat

I would have to agree with him.

I have a problem with posting info on the net if I just need to buy something. I would not be comfortable with putting personal info on a site with nothing to buy and a whole lot of poteintial loonies to deal with knowing who I am.

Another person stating Loonies on ATS? Are you saying sites like this attract a lot of loonies or are you saying there are a lot of loonies here?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I just wanted to say I have never posted before, and the other night I checked out the live chat. I will not mention any names, because I dont remember them but what I will say is that they were in there talking how they wished they could make a Thread that would make people cry, they went on and on how they really wanted to be mean and a$$ holes, I found this rude. That is one of the biggest reasons I would never post anything personal on this form. Seems to me people just want to be mean. Thats just my opionion! Thanks for listening!

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keron
I just wanted to say I have never posted before, and the other night I checked out the live chat. I will not mention any names, because I dont remember them but what I will say is that they were in there talking how they wished they could make a Thread that would make people cry, they went on and on how they really wanted to be mean and a$$ holes, I found this rude. That is one of the biggest reasons I would never post anything personal on this form. Seems to me people just want to be mean. Thats just my opionion! Thanks for listening!

LOL; I guess I missed that convo...

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I never use my real name on the net and never will. These days privacy is a rare thing so whatever is left of it, I like to keep.

Imagine going to a job interview and behind your back they google your name and find you come to ats and you have a "strange" interest in .... ufo, paranormal studies.... maybe you claim to be an alien or have contact with one, etc etc... do you think you'll get the job?
It happens, companies search for their employees and potential future employees on facebook and netlog....

I'd like to stay anonymous on ats and on any related website I visit.

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I think it was Sat night, they were talking about xboxes 360 or something close to that, anyway to each their own i guess. it was the first time i checked it out. Is it usually better conversation in there?

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keron

Well i have never used the chat thing. But I would imagine that there are people like that.

This again would be lessened if people were held accountable. But this veil of anonymity stops all that. People can say and mouth off all they want. If they are banned they return, and start again.

the circle of internet forums? Well ATS is then no better than the other "loonie" websites where people state outrageous things in the name of freedom of speech.

How can people outside of the community read any of this an say "Well they seem like decent members of society"

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join