It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy aged 3 who thinks he's a girl treated for identity disorder

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

www.mirror.c o.uk

A lad of three who believes he is a girl has become the youngest child in Britain to be treated for the rare condition Gender Identity Disorder.

Sufferers feel that they are in the body of the wrong sex.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
3 years old?

3 YEARS OLD?

This article says the parents became concerned after the little fella started a liking for girls clothes and dolls.

Surely he's too young for treatment for something that might just be a phase?

Also, this article never mentioned what 'treatment' means for a 3 year old, I understand the reason for wanting to give hormone blockers to those other kids over 12 yrs old to delay puberty until they know their mind but what are they going to do with a 3 year old? Unless 'treatment' just means brainwashing.

www.mirror.c o.uk

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i firmly belive some people are born into the wrong sex i think it probably nothing new were just more open as a society now so you'l hear about it more were as back in the day folk would of hid it and been ashamed of it.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Funny most of the child “experts” I have spoken with have said little boys often like some things associated with girls because society overwhelms them with boy stuff. They like the difference of the girl stuff because it is not common to them.

As for treatments, I would be skeptical of any treatment they would give to a child or even an adult for that matter.

Raist

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I am glad to hear that some of the older children are receiving help, I do hope its the right kind of help. But the 3 year old - no way is that old enough to tell if its a curiosity stage or idenity disorder. Little girls play with boys toys and vice versa at that age. If he saw clothing that a sister may have had he might want to try it on - he's just a toddler and exploring his world.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Wow, just wow.... I know plenty of guys that played with dolls and plenty of girls that played army and cowoys and indians with us boys... All of them turned out to be typical straight people, jeez, a 3 year old don't even know what boy and girl means yet FFS.
edit on 18-10-2010 by TKDRL because: changed normal to typical. Better fit for what I meant.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
he dont like football?? HE must be a girl!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

How can a person be born into the wrong sex when XX = female and XY = male? This 3 year-old is definate proof of a psychological disorder when it comes to sexual identification.

A person is either female or male. Anything else is abnormal to nature.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
"treatment" is probably counselling. at 3, its way too young to start hormone therapy but i congradulate the parents for noticeing this and seeking help. the counsellors will try to figure out if this is just a stage or if this boy is actualy born into the wrong body. there is plenty of time to figure this out, hormone therapy usualy doesnt start till just before or right after puberty starts.

who knows, by then the boy may have grown out of it but at least he will have counsellors to talk to insted of it being hushed up by the family

be safe people

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

Wait….
So you are saying I am a girl?

I have to admit that is a bit devastating to me as I do not have the fun parts they do. On the other hand my wife might find that idea a bit intriguing.

On a serious note I have always hated the idea that men have to like sports and be complete idiots as the media portrays them. I like to try and be a bit more intellectual than some mindless muscle bound meat chunk chasing another guy with a ball. Actually I find much of the sports stuff to have many homoerotic overtones to it (football more than most).

Raist

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

i agree with the fact that at three no one should lable this one kid. Take it youv never met some on in this position. i had a family freind and from the age three or four he has acted like a girl hung around with girls and no suprise whern he was 13 anounced he was gay. no one was shoked because we all new it from a young age. whats your position on hermaphrodites then? whats normal?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Actually I find much of the sports stuff to have many homoerotic overtones to it (football more than most).

You know Raist, I've noticed that about football too (American football that is...not "footy" or soccer as we say here). Makes ya wonder...

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420
i firmly belive some people are born into the wrong sex i think it probably nothing new were just more open as a society now so you'l hear about it more were as back in the day folk would of hid it and been ashamed of it.

I agree, Daniel. I think a person's brain can be wired up exactly like a man's but be in the body of a woman e.c.t, it must feel like being in jail.

(Raist, surely wrestling is 'the' most homoerotic sport?)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

I consider wrestling to be more of a acting thing with a mix of athleticism. Though I agree there is some homoeroticism there as well.

Raist

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

YO!

Lay off real wrestling. Those who suceed at that sport are some of the toughest, smartest athletes you will ever encounter. Sure back in the day they lathered each other up in oil and wrestled naked, but that was in the bc era.

Now there are wrestlers who are proud owners (I'm included) of 2 inch thick ears and noses that set crooked when they were broke. We can ignore the fact that we stick cut up tampons in our noses when we get our noses busted.

Seriously I admit that to someone who never has really participated in the sport it can look a little funny, but you have to remember some of the best MMA fighters have wrestling pedigrees.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Maybe they should have waited until he was old enough to know the difference before they diagnosed him as a looney tune.

Most 3 year old are a bit looney,just cuz they're 3 year olds.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Poor kid. Parents are so paranoid these days and the so called experts feed on that because they want to get paid. Shoot I played with little boys and played with guns and toy cars and footballs when I was as old as six. I even refused to wear dresses or dainty girls jewelry but I would consent to wear masculine styled rings and watches...toy ones of course. Look at me now, a housewife, aunty and mom. I bake cookies, cook, wear dresses and am definitely hetero. I shudder to think the psychological mess I'd be now if my parents had hauled me off to some shrink to shine a glaring spotlight on my "problem" and reprogram me to suit their expectations.

I had a male best friend who liked my moms purses and my neglected Barbies. In fact he helped me get interested in them. Lol and he also worshipped Judy Garland! Some kids did make fun of him but I put a stop to that with my tomboy punches. He grew up to be completely hetero, too, and quite secure in his masculinity. I wonder if we were kids now if some "professional" would try to convince him he is gay and/or is a female stuck in a man's body.

Experts. The world is too damned full of them these days.

I have a pediatrician and a teacher breathing down my neck to take my kid to a speech therapist. The teacher isn't too bad but the pediatrician was practically in a tizzy because my kid has trouble with the "th" and "sh" sounds. The doc says this is a serious problem at this "advanced" age...of six. Well yeah, the kid is missing some baby teeth and growing new ones in! The pediatrician wants a verification from our dentist that this is the actual source of the problem! Er...duh!

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

I just remembered, in kindergarten I had a friend who insisted he was a dog. I thought I was a tiger. A BOY tiger. Kids ARE crazy. It's their right.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I argued many, many times here in ATS that homosexuality is a sexual disorder, they all said I was a hater.

And now this [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a4b114df7407.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

www.mirror.c o.uk

A lad of three who believes he is a girl has become the youngest child in Britain to be treated for the rare condition Gender Identity Disorder.

Sufferers feel that they are in the body of the wrong sex.

A strange coincidence. Last Friday a friend told me about a nephew who is now grown and decidedly gay and always was from early in life. When he was three, he came out of the bathroom one hand on his penis and the other holding a pair of sissors. He said, "Cut this off, it ain't mine." Would gender training for his physical sex have been appropriate? Or worked? Would he have really been screwed up all his life? Or would he have been better "knowing" he was a female and acting like one with the real possibility of a sex change at some point later?

I have no firm position on this issue. It ain't that simple.
edit on 18-10-2010 by Aliensun because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join