It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The people not ready for Disclosure are the ones who say "we're not ready"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If im honest, i've read alot of disclosure threads here
on ats, and in all the threads someone always pops
up and says we're not ready for disclosure.
Well speak for yourself, i know im ready,
im not of a religion, i believe life exists elswhere
in the universe, intelligent or not. And proof of this
would not frighten me at all. So if tptb do disclose
info regarding ufo's and aliens, i wont be running
amok, looting and rioting,like some people think
we will act. Instead i'll crack open a beer and think
to myself "i knew it" then i'll go to bed and sleep like a baby!
edit on 07/06/2008 by orby1976 because: Checking spelling

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

Assuming that TPTB could hide an alien presence from us is like thinking that Native Americans could have been distracted from noticing the invading European hordes a few hundred years ago.

There has been no announcement about alien contact because there has been none.

It's possible that radio based communication (IE signals that we've picked up) may have happened. I'll even go as far as saying that we've possibly been visited on a very limited scale. But to assume massive alien presence and a subsequent cover up? I find this outside of my ability to fathom.

Even though I find the idea that we could be alone, or effectively alone, in the whole of the universe - I have yet to see a shred of evidence to convince me otherwise. No fear of hysteria involved.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

How do you know for sure how you will react if/when disclosure occurs?
Lots of people think they are ready for things, but when it actually happens they are not.
For example, think of sky diving for the first time, you might be really looking forward to going and think you are prepared, but when you are getting ready to jump out of the plane you become scared and unprepared.

Also you dont know how disclosure would happens, what if hostile aliens invade, are you ready for this?

Cheers

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
well..

but you also ready to deal with rioters,raper,looters?

im sure alot of people go crazy...

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

It's precisely this kind of attitude that keeps disclosure from the people!

We are far removed from the 30s and "War Of The Worlds". I doubt people are going to riot over mass disclosure.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

I've skydived before, i was a paratrooper,
and hostile invading aliens would be no worse than an invading
army with ill intent, or mad men with nukes, so all you could do is fight and hope. Never live in
fear or you're already beat.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

The people not ready for Disclosure are the ones who say "we're not ready",

Wow! You are quite the out-of-box thinker. This is a conclusion I don't think most people would come to.

So if tptb do disclose info regarding ufo's and aliens, i wont be running amok, looting and rioting,like some people think we will act.

Well, that's a load off my mind.

Instead i'll crack open a beer and think to myself "i knew it" then i'll go to bed and sleep like a baby!

You are a highly evolved human, then. The rest of us will probably be doing silly things like listening to the reports and reading the latest information so we can know what to expect and how to respond.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

You are giving people to much credit, in my opinion.
Do you really think if the government were to let the public know that aliens exist and they are visiting earth that some people wouldnt panic and cause some serious problems?

This would prove that the governement has been lying to us for along time and people would question what else the government is hiding from us.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I was just using ski diving as an example.

You say that aliens invading wouldnt be any worse then another army invading or having mad men with nukes, how do you know this?

There are lots of unknowns when it comes to how people would deal with disclosure, in my opinion.

Perhaps if all aliens were peaceful and loving, then disclosure would go smoother, but I dont think all aliens are peaceful and loving. If they were disclosure might of already happened.

Cheers

link   

presumably, any full scale 'disclosure' would be accompanied with the relevant 'mind frequency information' be it audio visual or otherwise that would 'influence' the populous in such ways as to ensure rational behavior and protocol is adhered to...otherwise it wouldn't be worth doing.

The dribs and drabs here and there and now the more official substantial information is 'seeping' to the media fed mindset of the populous is probably a good thing.

link   
religion doesn't state that life doesn't exist elsewhere! the angels were created before mankind, in the bible. so were the djinni of the islam. the dragon kings of china and japan. come on for the kajilliointh time, ditch that tired old excuse that it isn't disclosed because religious people would freak. as far as we know, it's not revealed because it would prove the non religious version of ancient history is wrong.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Dear Hefficide

TPTB could not keep the secret : The Manhattan project, not even the vice president KNEW.

The point being here is this is a secret way beyond “The Manhattan project” that was just about winning a war. So please think again when you say they could not keep a secret.

It is also obvious to me that with these opening remarks that orby1976 has no idea what disclosure could mean.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

I said mad men with nukes as an example, but it is a real fear,
the fear of being wiped out, just like invading aliens may want.
Differant circumstances, same out come. Death.
Anyway in th op, i never mentioned invading aliens, i just said im ready for
disclosure.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

It is also obvious to me that with these opening remarks that orby1976 has no idea what disclosure could mean.

enlighten me then!
edit on 07/06/2008 by orby1976 because: Spell

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
respectfully,

If it is just flying saucers and aliens, and that is as far as you've gotten while looking into the matter, then you have a narrow field of vision concerning the possibilities. The "mainstream" perception of the disclosure issue is more like a Sesame Street version of the various possibilities. The worst of those possibilities can be worse than a human mind can imagine.

who here would pop open a beer right before slaming into a guardrail while doing over a 100 in a car?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear Hefficide

TPTB could not keep the secret : The Manhattan project, not even the vice president KNEW.

Even that comparatively small secret, as opposed to disclosure, was only kept for a short time and it did not take long, afterward, for the "secret" to become global knowledge. At some points recently knowledge that even laypersons could download from the Internet.

Originally posted by MAC269

The point being here is this is a secret way beyond “The Manhattan project” that was just about winning a war. So please think again when you say they could not keep a secret.

IMO the bigger the secret, the more difficult it is to keep. But, moreover, it is irrational to me to assume that an alien species would traverse the galaxies only to allow a very small percentage of this planets life to monopolize the knowledge that they posses and to keep their existence a secret. Especially when said alien life would undoubtedly see just how dysfunctional those in leadership are.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Khaaaaaan!!

Open a beer after a crash, now that comparison is just silly,
why should i worry about invading aliens, should i worry about
earthquakes, tornados, being mugged and murdered, getting hit by a bus?
What will be will be!!
And yes i have researched, and i do know all the different scenarios and
conspiracies. Do i believe them all, honstly, no, but i do believe in myself!
edit on 07/06/2008 by orby1976 because: Spell

edit on 07/06/2008 by orby1976 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Dear Hefficide

I will get back to you guys latter I have to run now but good points.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khaaaaaan!!

who here would pop open a beer right before slaming into a guardrail while doing over a 100 in a car?

try again, it says right before..................

so after the beer is done, then what are you going to do?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

I think, if we could cope with a disclosure or not highly depends on what exactly would be disclosed. To make it simple:

disclosure version A: "Ok folks, here are our benevolent brothers from outer space that will help us make our way to eternal paradise and who will clean up the whole mess we produced since the day we climbed down the trees"

is from a slightly different quality than

disclosure version B: "Ok folks, we're sorry, but we have to tell you that the guys controlling those lights in the sky you might know from those blurry youtubevids are so goddamn superior to our military that it's laughable to even think about we'd have the slightest chance against them. And - uhm - they're here for lunch..."

In fact... and in all honesty... I personally believe that the real "truth" behind the UFO-phenomenon might be from a quality, that it's disclosure would change the world forever.

It would change our perception of our world. Of ourselves.

We would change. For the better or not, time will tell.

In case you have no idea what I mean with a change in our perception: What if they told us, that there's no heaven and no hell. And no death...

Everything would change.

Will change...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join