It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Officer Bubbles' sues YouTube and users over cartoons

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

www.thestar.com

Const. Adam Josephs seeks to compel the Google-owned YouTube to reveal the identity of the person who created and posted the videos as well as any information it has on the 24 other users who made allegedly defamatory remarks.

The case highlights a collision between two worlds: The wild-west of social media, where people under aliases throw insults without pause versus the laws of the old media world, where people are held accountable for everything they write.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.theglobeandmail.com[/url ]

[url=http://skinnydips.blogspot.com/2010/10/to-officer-tiny-bubbles-its-cartoon-its.html]skinnydips.blogspot.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Who knew Blowing bubbles could get you arrested?
edit on 17/10/10 by masqua because: seperated links

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I don't know what to say. I'm a Canadian and who knows if I'm going to be sued for having an opinion.

The lawyers:

“I think there’s a real ignorance among the public about the risks of posting user comments or Twittering or blogging. The technology is new but the same laws of libel apply,” said Wong.

“Every time you post a comment on YouTube, a newspaper’s website, a blog, you can be sued for defamation by anyone whose reputation has been harmed by your comment.”

Just posting the original video might be enough to land me in jail even if I didn't blow bubbles in Toronto over the past number of years.

Ah... the G20 was so enlightening for us all. Over a billion dollars spent and we learned so much.

Wait a minute. What DID we learn? OK. Now I've got to do some real digging. I mean, there must have been something good that came out of it, right?

Be careful, ATSers... don;t say anything about 'officer Bubbles'. Just keep to the issue of the lawsuit and your bank accounts will be safe.

www.thestar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
In the United States we seem to be falling down a slippery slope.

The first amendment of the Constitution states:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech...

Congress shall make *NO LAW*... So why are there libel and slander laws? Why have we allowed other branches of government to create laws that Congress is prohibited from doing? It's all in the name of money. People's reputations get tarnished and they seek a monetary compensation, usually claiming there was a monetary loss.

I'm sorry, but no monetary loss is worth the loss of our freedom.

It's time to put the entire system to the test.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

It seems...
We all really need to be careful in what we type
online.Everything we post could possibly land us
in jail or court.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
What a douche this guy is. That's right, sue me. You kind of deserve all the flak you're getting buddy.

He needs to grow a pair, let it go, and admit that you acted like a jerk and move on with your life.

Launching a lawsuit against YouTube users for voicing their opinion - however vulgar it may be - is not helping his cause.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I call B.S When a group of people from an organization DIDNT like the TRUTH I showed, they created a BLOG on GOOGLE that totally defamed me. I called the police, and they said they couldn't do a thing, because there was no death threat... and I couldn't sue. I am also a Canadian

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by darrylss
reply to post by masqua

I call B.S When a group of people from an organization DIDNT like the TRUTH I showed, they created a BLOG on GOOGLE that totally defamed me. I called the police, and they said they couldn't do a thing, because there was no death threat... and I couldn't sue. I am also a Canadian

Then I guess you're not a cop.

Don't know the answer to this one, except to note that this lawsuit simply apparently confirms the fact that Officer Bubbles is entitled to all of the disdain his behavior generated.

And I don't think that things are going to get any better in his locker room, either..
edit on 17-10-2010 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This case is against the constitution and freedom of information and expression. As a Canadian, I remember this case, and all the comments made against the G-20 summit stoogies who operated without jurisdiction, above our law, and did not carry out due process, are traitors to humanity, and deserved every single comment made. They all need to be taken to account, and removed from any positions of authority, all the way to the very top who hired them, or even arranged.

You guys can quit working for fascists and turn into informants to the people.

And really, who gets arrested for blowing bubbles, eh?

You don't have a leg to stand on Mr., oops I recall a case like that too, and it was a hideous abuse of a physically disabled man, that made this country look like Nazi Germany, a hint of what it would be like to live under the UK Rothchild/bloodline rule. Grotesque abuse of human beings took place in that ugly meeting of elite vampiric abusive slave masters, who should be arrested for crimes against humanity, murder, extortion, embezzlement, slavery, illegal wars, financial conspiracy, poison, genocide, mass starvation, running black op projects and shadow governments, TREASON.

Oh are your friends and co-workers planning on suing the Niagra Falls Paper as well, and all the people who voiced their anger over this information?

here

Maybe instead you guys should all just resign. If you want to make up for your crimes against humanity, coming out against NWO and fascism/slavery and abuse of citizens, on the side of the people and becomming informatns might stand in your stead as human beings, because earth is a school and we are graded.

edit on 17-10-2010 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Oh are your friends and co-workers planning on suing the Niagra Falls Paper as well, and all the people who voiced their anger over this information?

here

Wow... that's just disgusting. Never heard of THAT story, but it's a shocker.

The majority of those arrested are having their cases thrown out of court as they come up. It goes to show how meaningless all those arrests were in the first place. In my opinion. most were rounded up and detained in order to show how useful the overpowering use of police were during the G20. After all, we can't be spending all those millions on security and not have something to show for all that expense and money.

Anyways... on the lawsuit; this is particularly worrysome to me. First, it's the social media, like Twitter, Facebook and sites like ours and the next thing will be lawsuits over private telephone calls. After that, you can expect hidden microphones in public/private spaces (combined with video cams, of course) and you have all the makings of an oppressive police state monitering every citizen everywhere they go.

Scary.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

Originally posted by Unity_99

here

Wow... that's just disgusting. Never heard of THAT story, but it's a shocker.

Ah...but look forward to more in the Kingdom of Steve! Gotta create new crimes to fill those prisons he wants to build. I spoke to an Ontario cabinet minister about that 5 metre law. Ultimately, she said that they did not handle things as well as they might have, and the chief reason is that they had the event dumped upon Toronto at the 11th hour, and put it exactly where they didn't want it.

Which does not account for Officer Bubbles channeling his inner arsehole in front of God and the Internet...and then whinging (lovely word, that) about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
i use my real name just a simple google you can find out who i am ... sue me. I'll laugh at you regardless of what the verdict is. your courts don't apply to me... whats a prison sentence

edit on 17-10-2010 by danielhanson420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I'm not one to sling insults around but this guy really is a D-bag of the highest magnitude. His ridiculous behavior during and now after confirms it. I wonder what his momma thinks of him.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Someone remind Officer Bubbles that acting like a fool in public will cause the public to think you are a fool.

Just ask famous people, they will agree.

What goes around comes around.

Suing people will just make it worse.
edit on 17-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Michael Jacksons legacy of destroyed lives ...... continues.

tutt tutt tutt !

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Youtube still has the video. It's beyond ridicilous. Whatever this idiot did he did in public working as a public servant. He made himself to look like douche and now he blames youtube? BS

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by masqua

It seems...
We all really need to be careful in what we type
online.Everything we post could possibly land us
in jail or court.

Not at all.. type away... being careful is what genetic mutations like this guy want... they don't want you to speak your mind, to be reasonable...

The lawsuit says the ridicule is now beyond reason... but nothing is said of how is abuse of power was beyond reason....

This guys is a waste of semen

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This "officer" (hang on , I'm still choking ) is a Canadian?
The whole G20 was a fiasco of law enforcement mismanagement and abuse.
I suppose this video is no different.
Poor officer Bubbles got his feeling hurt?
In his own word "my heart bleeds, .....really"

I will only stop exercising my first amendment rights when you beat them out of me.
But first you'll have to get by my second amendment rights that protects me from creeps like him.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon
I'm not one to sling insults around but this guy really is a D-bag of the highest magnitude. His ridiculous behavior during and now after confirms it. I wonder what his momma thinks of him.

His mother is probably the one who raised him to be like he is. A black man against a white women and he won because of his authority.

White people owe the black people everything, even in Canada.

I don't want to turn this into a race war, but this is exactly what it looks like in the video clip. The little white woman officer didn't seem to mind the bubbles, then of course she's a woman.

If "officer Bubbles" had been white, this wouldn't have become an incident.

I thought Canadians were proud of their liberalism? Where's the liberalism in the video?
edit on 17/10/10 by Intelearthling because: Additional post.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This guy is #ing joke, and a complete asshole. In my opinion, he deserves having his reputation tarnished, and he brought it upon himself. Arresting somebody for blowing bubbles as "assult" is about as pitiful as it can get. And he really thinks he deserves 1.2 million from somebody for this? Wow! I hate this guys guts.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
this guy should just be grateful it was bubbles and not bullets, i know which id rather it had been
second line

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join