It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo Analysis of an Aerial Disc Over Costa Rica 1971

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yes , the old pics are the best for sure. This photo is 39 years old ( same age as me ) and its maybe easier to get to the truth of an image from an era when there was less chance of trickery. I have an easier time believing something from this era , than an image from the era we are in right now.
I'd class myself as a hopeful sceptic.

I dont understand the composition of the photograph. What is the cigar-shaped object in the upper left corner , and what is the white object in the bottom left ? Is this a tree or foliage and the photo is a negative ? How do you know the disc is coming out of water

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

How nice, it's been turned into a skeptic bashing thread.

For your information, I was the first to flag this thread, I read it, enjoyed the change from the October 13 crap, then flagged it and moved on.

I can accept that the image hasn't been manipulated and I can accept Marilyn E. Bruner's rebuttal as well, fact is there doesn't seem to be that much more information about it.

I also don't see why you're demanding skeptics and debunkers to come in here and say their piece.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

Originally posted by zorgon
Been digging into some archives and found an oldy from Jacques Vallee

Abstract-An unusual image was photographically recorded by an official mapping aircraft of the Costa Rican government at 08:25 am (EDT) on September 4, 1971 while flying at 10,000 feet altitude over a body of water known as Lago de Cote. None of the flight crew or photographers saw the object. Second generation negative and positive black and white transparencies were obtained and analyzed by the authors.

Thanks for posting this "oldy" but still very impressive case zorgon.
S&F
Here are two other photos from it from www.nicap.org...
How do I get the full version of them posted here as you did with the first one in the OP?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/792cc24cdaa6.jpg[/atsimg]

Costa Rica Photo - Photo Full Version

www.nicap.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a28f0452de48.jpg[/atsimg]

Photo Cropped Blow-Up

www.nicap.org...

edit on 15/10/10 by spacevisitor because: Made some corrections and did some adding

In the picture, it appears that there is an emblem. At least thats what i first thought when I saw it.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm not trying to debunk the photo, it very well may be an unidentified flying object.

Are there other photos from this same reel we could look at? It looks like a chip in the glass/lens to me but I would need to compare it to other photos shot during the same time.

Just a possibility.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by obsolete

Are there other photos from this same reel we could look at? It looks like a chip in the glass/lens to me but I would need to compare it to other photos shot during the same time.

There were more than one pic so that rules out a lens chip..

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Nice work Zorgon

I remember this absolute gem of a case, back in the days when photos were much harder to fake and CGI wasnt heard of.

S & F (sure beats the crap out of that latest NYC UFO case, lol)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

Originally posted by zorgon
Been digging into some archives and found an oldy from Jacques Vallee

Abstract-An unusual image was photographically recorded by an official mapping aircraft of the Costa Rican government at 08:25 am (EDT) on September 4, 1971 while flying at 10,000 feet altitude over a body of water known as Lago de Cote. None of the flight crew or photographers saw the object. Second generation negative and positive black and white transparencies were obtained and analyzed by the authors.

Thanks for posting this "oldy" but still very impressive case zorgon.
S&F
Here are two other photos from it from www.nicap.org...
How do I get the full version of them posted here as you did with the first one in the OP?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/792cc24cdaa6.jpg[/atsimg]

Costa Rica Photo - Photo Full Version

www.nicap.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a28f0452de48.jpg[/atsimg]

Photo Cropped Blow-Up

www.nicap.org...

edit on 15/10/10 by spacevisitor because: Made some corrections and did some adding

I have never seen that pic or collection before, first time. Something about that screams real to me, it really does.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wow. I have never seen this before. I do not believe that this could be a reflection from some object within the fuselage of the plane. From what I have heard these cameras lie flush against a window/opening on the bottom of the plane fuselage.
Are there any cartographers or aerial photographers within our midst that could explain this?

Thanks Zorgon. It's like getting a rainstorm out here in the desert. Refreshing.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It's a metallic disc shaped RC helicopter.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This was also a key picture used in the COMETA report. A group of French generals, and government officials put together for the sole purpose studying UFO's. This picture is featured as one of the key peaces of evidence in the report. A fair amount of work was done by this group to find other explanation for the photo, they were not able to find one.

Here is a link to the English translation of the report.

COMETA-report-part1

COMETA-report-part2

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Wow! Only three pages of discussion? When the balloon "UFO" has more than 91 pages!

Interesting OP nonetheless!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5
Wow! Only three pages of discussion? When the balloon "UFO" has more than 91 pages!

Interesting OP nonetheless!

Sad isn't it? This is why the Super Moderators, Moderators, and Site Owners should start a new system to ensure that only quality posts are posted by quality posters based on a point system. Anything to filter the usual ATS trolls and the trolls coming in from other forums such as 4Chan and the random blogs.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I want to believe, that being said, in the larger picture of the 'disc' ported by spacevisitor is very near a part of the film that seems cut in an M shape. It is probable that that marks the end or beginning of the roll of film. Therefore the most likely explanation is an artifact caused by the loading mechanism.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

Seems to be the standard anymore, real information if set aside for sensationalism. Best way to keep information from people is to give them a truth and a lie. So they can fight about who is right, while the liars walk away with the real information.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
sonic boom? maybe
apod.nasa.gov...

edit on 15-10-2010 by buddybaney because: bad link

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
surprised that no one picked up on my post about COMETA. anyway i have found the front cover and here is a link to the image

[img]http://www.freeimagehosting.net/]

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Those old aerial photos are absolutely fantastic.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5

Yeah, a shame but the so called experts can not come in and debunk so there isn't much to say.
Although it does show who is "really" interested in the subject and who just come into UFO threads with the sole purpose of debunking.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
great find! That thing is kinda 'big' or 'close' to the aircraft when you think about depth perception.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Did some editing to the colors, vibrancy, shadows etc.

Take a look make your own judgments.

original

blue tint

color-EQ

High color
dl.dropbox.com...

Color inverted

Shadows and highlights

Vibrancy add

Vibrancy darken

Looking closely at the image there seem to be a small oval something. Right below the middle geodesic center and pointing to the left.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join