It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reaction to Sarah Palin?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Why is it that people who dislike Sarah Palin don't just dislike her, they despise her? I'm mystified, I think she's given too much credit for the power that doesn't have.

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I've noticed that too. Me personally, i don't despise much but I think she's joke. Albeit a hot joke but a joke nonetheless.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Sarah who?
Man i gotta get out from under this rock.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
personally, i dont despise her as a person, because she has the same defects of the rest of humanity. the problem is that she thinks she is so savvy because its what mccain, and his administration is trying to convince her of. they wanted her to believe she was going to be a "breath of fresh air" in politics, and be the damn maverick im so tired of hearing about. now what they really wanted was an attractive, (and if u dont think appearance matters see details of jfk;s election) yet simple minded, manipulatable woman, and palin was what they got. fortunately, the decision exploded in his face before it could have any potential for real harm. i despise her because she was a pawn, not bc of anything she stood for. its the simple fact that if a candidate is prohibitted from certain interviews, there is most likely a reason. when she is forced to prepare for an interview, it goes somewhat smoothely, and the interviews where someone didnt help her study what would make her sound better, she bombs it. news reporters kept saying that she needed tutoring, but once you are a candidate to be the possible president of the united states, you better damn well have been tutored for the last 10-15 years, not the one month they wanted. i mean jesus, she didnt know that africa was a continent, am i really supposed to trust anything she says? everything she said was scripted...well, except the couple interviews where it wouldve been more subtle to turn to her aides and say "line?" not so much the woman, the puppetry, ignorance, and attempt by mccain to get this woman into the whitehouse on pure bull# decorated with sparkles. so u have it op, my conclusion is we despise her because of principal. i wouldnt hire a ded-head to paint my house, or janitor to give me a visectomy, why the hell should our potential leader, someone who is directly and indirectly resposible for billions of people not know the difference between taliban and al queda, or which side of an issue she was on before it bacame unfavorable to be on said side. need more answers, google palin, and stupid, and just watch all of em, why the hell not?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by desperationi wouldnt hire a ded-head to paint my house, or janitor to give me a visectomy, why the hell should our potential leader, someone who is directly and indirectly resposible for billions of people not know the difference between taliban and al queda, or which side of an issue she was on before it bacame unfavorable to be on said side.

LOL! But you're okay with a "Community Organizer" from a broken home without any verifiable records with an axe to grind having that power over "billions of people"?

Or, how about: Michelle Obama, a graduate of Princeton University and Harvard Law School, who earned her Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from Harvard Law School in 1988, before returning to Chicago to work at the law firm of Sidley Austin, who is married to a "constitutional law 'professor' (LOL) who served in the State Senate, the US Senate AND the White House now as POTUS, but she did not know she was violating state law by electioneering in a polling place?!?

Ha! The adults are in charge, just sit back and pass the popcorn.

P. S. I hope you don't need a "visectomy," that sounds painful!

edit on 16-10-2010 by Califemme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I find it interesting that she is the nations spokesperson on constitutional rights and the taxpayers paying to much to the government in taxes. When she became Mayor of Wasilla, one of the fist things she did was start removing books from the town library that her religion told her people shouldn't read. She was soon confronted with the fact that that move was against the constitutional rights of the people.

While she ran for governor, she ran on the fact that she was all for the so called " bridge to nowhere". When she became governor and the bridge became a national fiasco, she was against it. As she was running for vice president she bragged how she was against the bridge, and didn't build it. What she didn't tell the american taxpayers is, she kept the money. We all are still paying it back! Also, besides the hundreds of millions of dollars she kept in the state for the bridge, while she was running for vice president, she was completing the road to the" bridge to nowhere", with another seventeen to twenty million dollars of our money.

And of course, after having convinced the citizens of Alaska to vote for her, half way into her job, she quit!

Sounds like the perfect representative for the citizens of this country on low taxes and constitutional rights.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by herenow
I find it interesting that she is the nations spokesperson on constitutional rights and the taxpayers paying to much to the government in taxes. When she became Mayor of Wasilla, one of the fist things she did was start removing books from the town library that her religion told her people shouldn't read. She was soon confronted with the fact that that move was against the constitutional rights of the people.

While she ran for governor, she ran on the fact that she was all for the so called " bridge to nowhere". When she became governor and the bridge became a national fiasco, she was against it. As she was running for vice president she bragged how she was against the bridge, and didn't build it. What she didn't tell the american taxpayers is, she kept the money. We all are still paying it back! Also, besides the hundreds of millions of dollars she kept in the state for the bridge, while she was running for vice president, she was completing the road to the" bridge to nowhere", with another seventeen to twenty million dollars of our money.

And of course, after having convinced the citizens of Alaska to vote for her, half way into her job, she quit!

Sounds like the perfect representative for the citizens of this country on low taxes and constitutional rights.

I find it interesting that you're scared of someone who doesn't hold a political office right now.... Lemme guess, her facebook posts upset you and you wanna vote her off the island?!

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a picture of some pancakes on an idiot's head.

Now this is what I call funny.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

She's an exceptional Political Organizer , but as a Politician herself , she Lacks the Ability to sway the Masses to her side on the Issues . Some of us Become Leaders , others Followers , Sarah now knows her Limitations and is Rolling with it . As for those who seem to have an Intense Dislike for this woman , well , they are just Idjuts IMO .

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder
Why is it that people who dislike Sarah Palin don't just dislike her, they despise her? I'm mystified, I think she's given too much credit for the power that doesn't have.

Thoughts?

Well, I'm sure it's a complicated issue that is different for many people. For the typical liberal Democrat voter, she represents everything they dislike about the GOP-with amazing accuracy Palin makes herself a caricature.
They probably do themselves a disservice with their petty criticism of Palin, but she does make it SO easy. Which I suspect is by design.

Those "PTB" LOVE to make sure Americans keep arguing petty social issues instead of educating themselves enough to have a real political conversation.

But i'd also say that she is indeed quite powerful. She has a voice on a national teevee network, and is somewhat of a king/queen maker with who she chooses to endorse.

The whole 'oh she's just a simple, innocent woman, why do they attack her?' is kinda ridiculous. She ran vor VP. She is involved in politics.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
I have no idea what you're talking about so here's a picture of some pancakes on an idiot's head.

Now this is what I call funny.

I would call it childish and off-topic. But, that is how most people react to a strong conservative woman.

What's new?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Sorry
Sorry

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by desperation

aren't most of the politicians of this ilk?

top topics

join