It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery NYC UFO Twitter pic seen around the world

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
yeah i really didn't like this pic as far as 'evidence' goes...it sure was thrown around alot....

This pic, the Malasian UFO vid, the yellow 'orbs'.....all very suspect....

I feel like the best evidence of the event was the FOX news report and the NIGHTTIME video....

And the sky cam from NY....The sky cam still has unanswered questions and comparisons that need to be made, but it was interesting none the less, and certainly not "Holographic Laser Balloons"....

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Those are BALLOONS, that a school let off. It is not a UFO. It's balloons in a bunch with some of those shiny metallic ones. Its been on the news as balloons and the school people even said its their balloons, not a UFO.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Those are BALLOONS, that a school let off. It is not a UFO. It's balloons in a bunch with some of those shiny metallic ones. Its been on the news as balloons and the school people even said its their balloons, not a UFO.

Interesting...had you read the thread you would've seen that this particular pic, that the "school people said its their balloons" was proven to be posted 4 days earlier than the actual sighting...

...so no it was not the schools balloons.
edit on 15-10-2010 by AutOmatIc because: read entire thread

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
As I was headed to Chipotles to get some burritos on 10 -9-2010 @ around 6:09 pm driving due west , looking up at the traffic light ....what do I see? On the horizon are the exhaust trails of three bombers that probably came from Wright-Patterson AFB (nothing unusual right?). At the next light it increases to five, and then the next light to six. Next to last light before my turn-off I see one jet headed due west (right in front of me) and what could be this same globe was chasing the jet on its starboard side (just away from the exhaust trail) then it just dissapeared. Are these the terrifying globes that Nostradamus prophesied would come? Your guess is as good as mine. God bless, You KNOW I love you ATS ers.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AutOmatIc

BALLOOOOOON !!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Lazy journalists looking for information on Twitter and not investigating further. Many said so on Twitter, must be right, right?

Welcome to 2010 journalism.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

ok heres some more info.....

on the 12th he tweeted "@rodclarkdotcom @josh_diamond @teradek @jennifersarahm absolutely see all of you Wed night. Get ready!"
12th tweet

Wednesday night was the 13th when everything was going down. I checked the other twitter accts that he sent the message to. Josh_diamond's was the most intriguing. He made multiple tweets about this talking about the news coverage it received and telling people to watch out for blue discs in the sky. Seems like these artists might be enjoying their hoax a little too publicly. here is the link to joshdiamond:
josh diamonds twitter

The other two recipients of the 'Get ready' tweet havnt responded as such, but this is enough to seem like a hoax to me. Still doesnt answer the question of who told him to take it down and not talk about it.
A good start here so far.

Good work. Very interesting.

I wonder were a group of people given a project that would captivate the general public. All those ufo believers could jump up and shout 'we were right all along' and then few weeks later the elaborate hoax was revealed.(making a lolt of people look like idiots). And maybe the people given this project let the cat out of the bag a couple of days early not realising the importance of it.

I remember watching a documentary on some folk that were paid to make man-made crop circles to destroy any credibility for crop circles. This event reminds of me of that.

It has of course all been nicely tidied up with a nice teacher and classroom of kids.

hmmmmm?

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but how about this:

Couldn't the pic be of a dry run he (and his buddies if the 4chan angle holds true) did to get ready for the 13th? He took a pic to show his friends and to see how it would look. Then he/they do the "real" thing on the 13th as a prank or whatever. The newsies get the wrong photo. He realizes people will know the photo is from the wrong day, so he takes it down. The teacher angle is just a coincidence based on the photo they see and confuse for the balloons they released. The "they told me to shut up" tweet adds a little mystery (whether real or ginned up).

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Possible prank. Still no word yet back from the @jasondiamond tweet that I tweeted at him. (wow that sounded really lame). Gonna retweet him, hopefully get a response.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
In the first news report I watched, from ABC 7 (local NY affiliate?), there's a very short clip of video that looks like the same cluster of balloons shown in this thread (pearlescent white, clustered together), a photo which I think we've established is from BEFORE October 13th. I wondered when I watched it, why such a short clip, and why not show what the people on the street are actually pointing up at and describing? It doesn't match up.

ABC 7 news

Then there was longer footage on the CBS website that shows what looks like just 3 balloons, more yellow than the ones on ABC, clustered together then traveling apart (can't find the link now, but there was a long "exclusive" video on the CBS website of just the balloon-like objects in the sky, no commentary. A tiny clip of this was used in the CBS news reports.)

The still photo on flickr clearly shows yellow objects, not white ones. (if you read the other threads you've seen it).

Newscasters confusingly keep referring to the multiple objects as "a balloon," and "possibly a mylar balloon," while onscreen we always see footage of several distinct objects. Why do they keep referring to "a UFO" and "a balloon," when all eyewitness accounts, and video footage, say otherwise?

On Fox news later that night, someone who observed them said they looked like stars that would appear and disappear - why are the balloons disappearing?

Nothing seems to match up, especially the reactions of the people on the street watching. If the video footage is what they're actually watching at the time, why are they even the slightest bit interested? Really, New Yorkers? You're seriously baffled and in awe of what are clearly balloons? Are they all members of 4chan, over-reacting on purpose? Were all the calls to the police from members of 4chan?

It just seems like such a lame hoax. Balloons? Why would anyone even think of that when planning a hoax? How many times have balloons been released over NYC in various celebrations? Why is it even the slightest bit odd? Couldn't they do better?

But then on the other hand, if the video footage of balloons is NOT what the NYers on the street were looking at, why haven't we seen any footage of what they WERE watching?

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Dude somebody else pointed this out to me and I have been thinking the same thing, idk about him being payed off or any conspiracy,.. but honestly in my intuition I knew from the beginning that this photo - which was showing up everywhere - was not a photo of what was actually conscious, and did not feel the same as the other footage taken by the onlookers-- including the night footage of the lights
I believe whatever happened, there was definitely (DUH!) an effort by TPTB and/or 'private agendas & interests'

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by orazio

Dude somebody else pointed this out to me and I have been thinking the same thing, idk about him being payed off or any conspiracy,.. but honestly in my intuition I knew from the beginning that this photo - which was showing up everywhere - was not a photo of what was actually conscious, and did not feel the same as the other footage taken by the onlookers-- including the night footage of the lights
I believe whatever happened, there was definitely (DUH!) an effort by TPTB and/or 'private agendas & interests'

never mind
edit on 18-10-2010 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by burdenofdreams

well the videos are out there man, i would share some i've seen that are clearly different from what the image of this topic shows. but literally all the links i had saved the youtube video has 'been removed'
www.youtube.com...
these are NOT the balloons that the class released.. besides there are more lights than there were balloons released (teacher said 12, there are at least 14 lights in this video clip, some witnesses said 'literally dozens' were seen)
they are also very large objects, and are self-illuminating. If it was dark during this footage these lights would still be lights.
edit on 18-10-2010 by orazio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join