It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS over America right now -- Live

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Crumbles

Well then I guess I missed your point.

But planes can fly over New York as long as they stay at least 1000 feet above obstacles (buildings). Since the tallest building on Manhattan is 1,250 feet tall that would mean 2,250 feet. That is not really "very high".

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by 0ne10

Flying over the Hudson River/Manhattan (I fly there allot) airline jets are travelling, at most, 250 MPH. They are either on approach to LaGuardia or JFK and not at cruise speed. Cruise speed for most airliners is around 350 -450 MPH (depending on head/tail wind).

While that doesn't drastically change your hypothesis, it needed to be corrected.

Springer...

And I can confirm that, I live a little up towards midtown, 4 blocks from the Hudson river and i'm in between these airlines up in the sky to those airports and also from/to Newark Airport, There could be 3-4 different airlines literally under each other but in different altitudes

and believe me, you cant even see stars at times, let alone balloons that high up in daylight. Those things seem too big to be balloons... from comparing the aircrafts that i see all the time up in the sky,

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Slightly off topic here... but I was shocked at the Light Pollution from street level in NY city. It's no wonder you can't see much of the amazing night sky from there. When I go outside at night the sky is a carpet of stars from horizon to horizon... but I'm lucky not to live in a city.

So we settled on aircraft being these lights now?

I'm waiting for the overcast here to dissipate.. if ever.. to focus my telescope on Jupiter to see if I can get a better resolution than the TV camera crew got yesterday in NY. I figure I should be able to since it has given me excellent views of the planet and its moons before. I also questioned the daytime footage from yesterday being Jupiter and its moons.. I just didn't think a TV outdoor camera would be able to get such clear resolution compared to my telescope.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aziroth
reply to post by 0ne10

Sorry there buddy by you're illustration the plane would have gone about 4.16 miles going the usual flight speed, not a half of a mile, this thing was going slow for a reason and not because it was carrying passengers to land... heading the wrong direction anyway.

That illustration was made because someone on another thread told me the crafts were going faster than jets can go. The illustration shows the jets were going as fast or slower than jets.

The altitude of the aircraft makes all the difference. Things flying higher in the sky appear to go slower.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
here is a bigger picture of two things in the center of the picture

i did a time lapse and froze it as two suspicious things in the sky over NYC

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

reply with the cams location on the net and what time and where you saw it
xploder likes it
these things are described as what?
i think from the size they could be the orbs like in an other photo
or ballons

why do ufos have to be round like ballons

nice pic star 4 you

xploder

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by obzerv
The explanation that we can't see the "planes" tonight because of rain is ludicrous. Using this logic, I presume you are claiming that should the weather be clear tomorrow we will witness the same light patterns as last night?

We can't see the aircraft right now because they are probably flying above the thick cloud cover.

Yes, when the sky clears up, you will see these lights again..

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I use the timelapse on camera one
during the timelapse its between the 8 sec mark and 9 sec mark

www.earthcam.com...

Originally posted by XPLodER

reply with the cams location on the net and what time and where you saw it
xploder likes it
these things are described as what?
i think from the size they could be the orbs like in an other photo
or ballons

why do ufos have to be round like ballons

nice pic star 4 you

xploder

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Could be something stuck on the lens or protective cover. Or a UFO from outer space. We will never know, unless it is still there tomorrow, then it is probably dirt on the lens or protective cover.
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

After looking closer... I'm pretty sure it is just dirt on the lens/cover.

Take a lot at this dirty lens/cover, it shows that it does indeed get dirty;

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
here is a better picture when it was blue sky with the two objects and its not dirt

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10

The explanation that we can't see the "planes" tonight because of rain is ludicrous. Using this logic, I presume you are claiming that should the weather be clear tomorrow we will witness the same light patterns as last night?

We can't see the aircraft right now because they are probably flying above the thick cloud cover.

Yes, when the sky clears up, you will see these lights again..

Well then all we can do is wait. I'm just wondering, what will your opinion be if the sky clears yet the lights don't appear?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Well then all we can do is wait. I'm just wondering, what will your opinion be if the sky clears yet the lights don't appear?

Conversely, what will your opinion be when the lights are there again....and again...and again on every clear night?

I wonder why not one New Yorker reported strange lights in the sky....only armchair ufologists watching from afar via webcam.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Because a lot of people on this site are young and or naive.
Especially people that have never been to a big city or seen NYC air traffic in person like many of us have.

I've seen this exact type of crap while driving in, around and home from the city many times. I tried to explain earlier last night when this thread was created but no one cared

The City is surrounded by 3 MAJOR international airports... Come on guys... Really..
Not to mention many sky scrapers have their own heli pads on the roofs, and there are heli tours, police craft, news craft etc...

edit on 14-10-2010 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

It's dirt dude....

But if you want to keep lying to yourself go for it.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

That is not going to happen. I'm going to tell you exactly what is going to happen;

The sky will clear. The lights will come back (because they are jets). I will take pictures of it, post it on this topic, link to this post, and then laugh in everyones face. 99% of the people that thought it was UFOs are never going to speak again on this topic, and 1% of them will finally admit they were wrong.

That is how it always happens.... over, and over, and over. That is why I am so sure, because this entire topic is like singing my favorite song. I already know the words and the tune.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hey,

Good catch on that midtown cam.

So today on ABC News in the evening they ended the broadcast saying what people saw were Balloons sent up for a Teacher who had a Birthday.

So most of the day sightings now are Balloons not UFOs .

I am going to check with the school this teacher is from and see how many Balloons were let go into the atmosphere.

Your pictures on the link are excellent now are those going to be called Balloons someone should send those to ABC News and see what they say .

Helicopters those did not look like any Helicopters I have seen more like a formation of ufos.

Tell me what would three Helicopters be doing above the city ?

I want to hear all the explanations for this one.

Again F&S

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This picture proves no dirt its something in the sky with another object above it

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
"I will take pictures of it, post it on this topic, link to this post, and then laugh in everyones face."

I'm not sure why you would want to laugh in anyone's face. To be able to debunk something that you do not believe in is one thing, but to degrade and humiliate people falls into a whole seperate category.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

How does that picture prove it's not dirt?

Please, list all the reasons that make you think it isn't dirt. I am really interested in what you have to say...

Now this image proves it IS DIRT.

You see how your "ufos" move exactly as the dirt smudge next to it moves?

Are you trying to claim the "ufos" magically move with the dirt smudge? Or the dirt smudge magically moves with the "ufos"?

Myth/HOAX busted!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

I will laugh in everyones face because that is how I will choose to celebrate the fact that I was right.

It has nothing to do with humiliating anyone... that is just your opinion of the action.

It's like the movie Ace Ventura. When he goes to talk to the tribe, they spit in his face. Normally, that is a sign of disrespect, but to the tribe it's a way to say thank you.

Deal with it.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join