It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS over America right now -- Live

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker
Check again the EarthCam website tonight and then observe if we can still the same thing that happened the night before. If they are indeed planes, then we should be able to see them on a nightly basis.

Definitely: If they are planes with regularly scheduled flights, then they should be in the air at approximately the same time tonight. Personally, the three sets of two-light pairs look like the landing lights of planes taking off. As the planes get to altitude where the can make a turn the lights will seem to wink out one set after another.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by Wolfenz

First video = satellites

Second video = bat or insect being illuminated by night vision and ambient IR

Third video = I.S.S.

You should keep watching that first vid: satellites don't stop, change speed or turn around.
Insects, bats.. possible, but I find the patterns rather odd for either one of those.
I'm intrigued, these videos deserve their own thread.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Movhisattva

I admit I didn't watch the entire first video, I skipped through it to see the speed, and size, to identify it. I just now watched the the full length, and there are multiple satellites AND insects/bats flying on that video.

All those videos do have their own topic I believe...

I have been investigating UFO's for a very long time now and have seen just about every one of those before. I believe in UFO's and have been searching forever to find something that can't be explained... All those videos can and have been explained.

Some are insects, some are bats, most are satellites, and few are the I.S.S.. I see satellites every night. I've seen the I.S.S., and I have seen lots of insects and bats. Search videos for all these things and you will see completely identical videos, I guarantee it.
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Now there's another one above the pointed building! please people can you look at this!
www.earthcam.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
People, people, people, lets take a second here and review how these "live" feeds and webcams work.

First, a webcam has a resolution of 72 dpi. It is not analog like a photograph where you can zoom in and get more detail. In fact, the more you zoom in, the larger the pixels (that can only be a single color) get and distort the image more. You should all know this from downloading a web image (that usually are 72 dpi), blowing it up in any program, then printing it and seeing the distortion.

Second, this isn't "live" like SNL being broadcast at a frame rate of 30 frames per second. Its a single frame capture that is updated at varying rates, BUT definatly less than 30 captures (frames) every second. It's like taking a cartoon and removing all the frames between 1 and 30. It makes things look like they "jump" and "appear" and "disappear".

Third, this "combining and uncombining of light" nonsense. When a light source passes in front of another, they appear to "get brighter or combine" when really thay are spacially passing by one another.

Really, you UFO "believers" on this thread really need to read up on basic light and perspective principles, basic digital imagery and the basics of spacial relationships.
edit on 14-10-2010 by indianajoe77 because: typos

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

I spot satellites as well when looking at the stars. I've seen the ISS and even once saw unidentified moving lights. I don't have a major interest in ufo's, so I take your word. I'll check out the topics.

However, I never spotted bats changing speed like this, stay stationary and then turn slowly backwards, speed up again ... I don't know which insect has these patterns. So I'm still intrigued

Filmed in april this year, will take a look what I find on them around here.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Movhisattva
However, I never spotted bats changing speed like this, stay stationary and then turn slowly backwards, speed up again ... I don't know which insect has these patterns. So I'm still intrigued

Filmed in april this year, will take a look what I find on them around here.

That is why I think it is an insect. Many insects slow down an hover and turn around.

Also take note that when the object is stationary it could very well still be moving, however, moving towards the camera so that it appears that it is stationary. It could be flying down towards the camera creating an illusion of not moving anywhere. Then after flying down, it flies back the direction it came...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I posted this following information in another thread which mentioned the sighting on this topic;

It is a vague illustration to help make estimations.

Most jets fly around 500 miles per hour.

500 / 60 = 8.33 miles per minute

8.33 / 60 = 0.138 miles per second

30 sec. * 0.138 = 4.14 miles every 30 seconds.

This camera is on the Empire State Building. It is pointed South.

Google Earth view:

Quick estimation of a "UFO".

According to my estimations, the "UFO" is most likely traveling the same angle as the Hudson River. It may be traveling EXACTLY the speed a NORMAL JET would fly. Most likely LESS than or equal to 500 mph.
edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
For those who didnt quite understand that they were watching a webcam that only recorded one image every 15 seconds or so, i hope you take a look at it during the day to get a bit of perspective as to what you were watching. Right now it is about 3 pm on the east coast of the US, and there is a dense cloud cover. You can clearly see the clouds moving once every 15 seconds in a normal weather pattern.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Missing the main point.
The time has arrived when "normal" people can monitor and show events in real time.
Most will likely turn out to be explainable by ordinary means, but the percentage that can't won't be able to be "disappeared"----too many will have seen them and saved them.

Keep up the good work.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gotrox

I think that is the problem with this thread - that people thought they were watching in "real time" when in fact it was 1 frame every 15 seconds, or, not in "real time".

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
this is what i saw yesterday afternoon in nyc. objects high altitude, staying still then moving and then disappearing.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by indianajoe77

Well.
Closer to "real time" than ever before.
And some were recording as well as posting during an event.
Point taken.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10
reply to post by Wolfenz

First video = satellites

Second video = bat or insect being illuminated by night vision and ambient IR

Third video = I.S.S.

1st yup moving directional satellites that can stop on a dime ! and move in a total different direction at that speed
2nd sure a very high Altitude Bat's or huge Food for the Gods Insects that look like Orbs
3rd ok i.s.s ok maybe i did not know it could maneuver like that in space !

have you seen his daylight vids ?
Cheers !

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
please veiw my gif and answer this
what sort of plane can join with another?
or is this an optical illution?

xploder

Heh, look at that... that large light that splits in two is EXACTLY like the commercial planes I mentioned in my sighting report on Wednesday.

As the plane comes towards you its virtually static and the two large directional head lights on the plane are a single merged VERY bright white light, as the plane comes closer and turns the glare is reduced and you can notice them as dual lights and the planes speed increases since its moving at an angle to you... depending on the arc the plane is taking and its distance from the observer the bright light can last anywhere from seconds to many minutes.

I see this at least a couple of times an evening... these are planes leaving airports/airfields. Nothing more or less. And where exactly is this merging idea coming from?... to infer merging from its reverse in this case is a little hasty I think (not that any merging or splitting is actually happening here), not to mention if you think merging is happening since if you have 4 lights and then suddenly you have only 1 without any indication the lights got even within miles of each other, again... sloppy an hasty thinking.

Edit:- just noticed on roughly every second frame the cam has also caught the bright central planes red nav beacon (I call them nav beacons, not sure if thats correct) on its under belly which accounts for the reddish hue during those particular frames, the red light becomes alot easier to notice in the last few frames the bright plane is visible.

edit on 14-10-2010 by BigfootNZ because: Meh Meh

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BigfootNZ

after reading phages comments i was going to wait untill it was dark again and reproduce the gif from new images from another night as a comparason

here is a compilation of frames i captured
i will be making another so the matter can be put to rest
some have thought this footage was put together to confuse the issiue
but i was on a thread and some members were seeing something they could not explain
i took a series of screen shots for record and beleived i was helping members record something they could not explain
i am very helpful to people where i can be
i dont know if the footage is of planes i just simply dont have the experience with this sort of stuff

remember this record anything strange we can analise it latter

here is a forwards the back wards gif from the same frames

i will post frames in a gif from tonight as a comparison

xploder

edit on 14-10-2010 by XPLodER because: unneccary edit

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

Flying over the Hudson River/Manhattan (I fly there allot) airline jets are travelling, at most, 250 MPH. They are either on approach to LaGuardia or JFK and not at cruise speed. Cruise speed for most airliners is around 350 -450 MPH (depending on head/tail wind).

While that doesn't drastically change your hypothesis, it needed to be corrected.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by XPLodER
reply to post by BigfootNZ

but i was on a thread and some members were seeing something they could not explain
i took a series of screen shots for record and beleived i was helping members record something they could not explain
i am very helpful to people where i can be
i dont know if the footage is of planes i just simply dont have the experience with this sort of stuff

remember this record anything strange we can analise it latter

edit on 14-10-2010 by XPLodER because: unneccary edit

Hey, sorry if I sounded like I was being aggressive to you, I noticed the gif being used in another thread with your 'joining' plane comment quoted with it and i went looking for its source and took it a little out of context which my tone in my post came across as rough, im a believer, but even all this hysteria the last day is getting me frustrated as it is for lots of others... need to take an ATS break I think for a day or two, after all I dont have to read every single thread about this

Your gif is a good thing most definitely, and good job putting it together, makes alot of things clearer for those willing to reappraise their stance, 'willing' being the operative word.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayXBraun
woah, that was....odd?

i was watching for like 3 mins and it was moving around..didnt think much..
then it just dissappreard. its was like a like being turn off or a very bright star just going dark
OMG ITS BACK?!
totally weird!

Relax everyone, it could be a plane, or helicopter that changed angles hence you can't see the light.

All I saw were a couple of photos which could be helicopters or planes for all we know.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I saw a video from the event that had over seven objects in frame. Looks much like the Mexico City videos. Some people reported over 50 in the sky initially. Taking into account that these people who saw this are older than 24 hours, they have seen aircraft every day their whole lives. Whomever is calling this a misidentification need take into account that while many folks can be fooled if cued they are looking at UFO's, not everyone is so gullible. I would classify this solely on on-scene accounts and video, including news camera people who got footage, as a true unknown.

Dismissive comments seem to not be based on critical thinking and are the normal from patent disbelievers, so I discount those comments as a matter of course. And those who call them UFO's at first site (while that is a correct term) are discounted also in my mind. Yet the preponderance of evidence suggest a non-ordinary event, there is no clear answer to what was actually seen. Not Balloons, Mylar balloons (easily discounted) Chinese lanterns, conventional aircraft etc. I live within an area of three major international airports and see flights coming in from many directions, sometimes many miles out. I am rarely fooled, although others might, I don't think this is the case.

I read that "the city" agreed (with whom?) that what was seen where balloons, is an indication of the official ignorance and mindless agenda of denial without even looking at the evidence. Shameful lack of awareness.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join