It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to know everything

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Can someone give me the key to understanding everything that there is in life. Please share with me the ultimate philosophy.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet

Just hang tight. I'm sure there will be a YouTube video (brought to you by Toyota) coming out shortly to help explainin' it all to us

I think Jesus and Elvis both have cameo appearances too.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I don't Elvis, Jesus or a truck. I want life and I want it all. Knowledge is power and power is hilarious!
see I can be haha too.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

The only thing you need to know is that everything changes, nothing stays the same.

So, even if you did know everything, that would eventually change one day and you are back to square one.

(Oh, and just so you know, you can't know everything because 'everything' doesn't exist.)

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I want to know everything

OK....

Definition of EVERYTHING
1a : all that exists b : all that relates to the subject
2: all that is important
3: all sorts of other things —used to indicate related but unspecified events, facts, or conditions
Merriam-Webster's Definition of Everything

Show me yours, I'll show you mine

munitions unto a simian

I think everything is encoded and encrypted in many ways in the words, but I may be wrong

Hope this might help you on your quest to know things, but be careful what you ask for, you may get it.

Know thyself, your motivators, your initiators, your intentions, your priorities, and why you do the things you do.

Pleasantries,
ET

edit on 12-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: WARNING **Explicit Language** Everything

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If you like read my thread series down in my signature....
Maybe it helps?

peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAnAlienOnMyOwnPlanet
Can someone give me the key to understanding everything that there is in life. Please share with me the ultimate philosophy.

You are dead.
There is no such thing as "life".

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Ask the owners they should know everything

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I think the key is not to worry or wonder about it so much (I am talking as a complete hypocrite right now.....)

It'll all be known to each of us when it's all supposed to be known. And so far, unless things change, I think that happens upon crossing over (I hate the word death).

I know we feel out of the loop (because we are inquisitive creatures and life really doesn't make a whole lot of sense) but I also feel part of the problem is--- we're busy learning and seeking when we are supposed to be remembering and knowing.
So in a sense, we're working our minds inside out and upside down. That's because we're so removed (modernized) for old ancient cultures and ways.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Love is the highest and holiest action because it always contains that which is not love within itself; it always and ever moves to include the unloving.
-Thaddeus Golas

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

The universe is infinite,

Infinity is unity,

All is one.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

How has ATS let this question go nearly a full page without giving the fellow the answer????

Well, it falls to me then.

What you seek is....

Enjoy Nirvana my friend.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
For one to know everything. One must know nothing.

Truth runs from those who chase it.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I hate to tell you you this, but you are physically incapable of knowing everything.

1 Your brain is to small.
2 Your life is to short.

And if faith really wants to grab you by the balls... You'll just life long enough to learn enough to realize that you just don't really know anything at all.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JudgedCover

amen...

the key to learning how to fly is to throw yourself at the ground and miss...

hope that helps... a little bit.

@OP in truth. if you want to know anything about everything.

start by looking in the mirror.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check out that thread it will help guide you.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Hello Alien, and may Peace be upon you!
My entire life I prided myself on "knowing a little about a lot." The last couple years I was on the same Quest you posed in your title... I wanted to know everything.

I kept researching and reading, learning and thinking. I soon found myself overwhelmed! I would research this, then find out I needed back research on other topics that related to the initial topic. I would go into the side topics and realize I needed even more back-research! I found myself researching so much stuff, that I could not spend sufficient time or energy to do so. And even when I tried to give it my all, the more I realized the information was endless! The more I researched, a greater amount of unknowns and questions arose!

I continued like a mad man until one ATS poster said a simple thing to me that stuck in my head and changed my focus:

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by Sahabi

One thing I would say to everyone is that theres really no secrets at all apart from what you fail to achieve. Theres just not enough time to learn it all which tells you theres something else you are here for that doesnt involve learning everything.

We are all loving the small distractions from the big answers in our faces these days. The beauty of it is that despite all of this, even the deepest in the distractions realise the big answers even to this day.

I wish you Peace and Truth on your Quest. If you do happen to know everything, please give me some pointers

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

The one thing that I do know for sure is that I don't know anything.

But really, if you want a key to Understanding I would suggest learning the difference between "knowledge", or to know, and "understanding". You may see this as just a matter of semantics but I have found it to be rather profound.

Knowledge is power and power is an illusion, Understanding is Divine.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates

Know that whatever you learn, it is but an infinitesimal fraction of the amount of knowledge that exists. The true wisdom is knowing that you're never going to know anything. Learn everything you can learn, but don't try to learn everything and don't pretend as if you know more than you do.

In my opinion, the ultimate philosophy.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but you have neither the time nor the capacity to know everything. Nobody on here does. You need decades to become an expert in a single field.

The other interesting thing is that philosophy isn't the answer to everything. For many questions you need to refer to its illegitimate child, science.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join