It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gaping hole in ancient alien theory

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

If you need help when revising for the new edition, let me know.

Harte

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The biggest problem I have with "ancient alien" theories is that they use 99.9% subjective interpretation, with no basis on academic knowledge. Most of these people base their research on and quote other pseudo-scientists, as if the fact that they precede them increases their credibility. They always talk like "as Dr. so and so has uncovered in his world travels" or "In the many published books written by so and so". Their rationality is, anthropology doesn't give me the answers I want, so I forge my own path against the scientific method. I underestimate humans...therefore ALIENS HELPED

The reality is that human intelligence is no more evolved than it was thousands of years ago. The Egyptians were just as intelligent as we are now, they just lacked the benefit we have of thousands of years of trial and error. If these jokers would sit down and read an academic paper on epistemology, they would understand their flaws.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Harte

Harte

Skyfloating appears to be ignoring your 'bait', harte, and refuses to bite.

What has always puzzled me (and I continue to look for answers regardless of the fact that when I appear to have found one it is quickly debunked only to have the debunker debunked followed by the debunking debunker debunked etc.,etc.,etc.,) is that we have inhabited this planet for approximately 4 million 250 thousand years of which the first 4 million we lived as cavemen, the next 240 thousand as 'hunter-gatherers' and then 10 thousand years ago we suddenly learned to read, write, communicate with each other, build huge architectural structures learned all about irrigation and agriculture. Whilst this was happening we diverged from being all black to Asian, White Caucasian and Red Indian coupled with inventing endless numbers of languages and an equally endless number of religions and faiths.
All this was achieved without the help of the Almighty who, I am told, created the world a mere 6 thousand years ago so it must all be a load of the old male cow excrement anyway. It is easy for Religious people to debunk 'Ancient Aliens' because no space ship has ever been found (they could hardly leave it behind if they were leaving for their home in another galaxy I suppose) yet the question of 'Where is the Ark of the Covenant and the Ten Commandments' (of which I believe there were 14 according to some versions) we get the proverbial 'God moves in strange and mysterious ways' answer.
The Sumerian Tablets of Creation seem to give a far more sensible explanation to the Adam and Eve story than a 'handful of dirt and Adam's rib' we are told to believe.
DNA seems to be helping in unfolding these mysteries but we have much to learn or have the 'powers that be' already found out the truth and are keeping it from us. A little knowledge in the wrong hands . . . . . . .(?)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

The Sumerian Tablets of Creation seem to give a far more sensible explanation to the Adam and Eve story than a 'handful of dirt and Adam's rib' we are told to believe.

The Sumerian creation myth is the biblical creation myth, were the Bible translated properly.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

DJW001
reply to post by OzTiger

The Sumerian creation myth is the biblical creation myth, were the Bible translated properly.

And your proof of this claim is where?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Corruption Exposed

DJW001
reply to post by OzTiger

In the Hebrew Bible, there is a war in Heaven, which results in some of the inhabitants being cast out. These 'fallen angels' walk the Earth and interbreed with humans. In the Sumerian myth, there is a war in Heaven, and the blood of the losers is used to mix with mud to create the human race. You can read about it here:

www.ancienttexts.org...

There are significant differences, of course, but the later Hebrew myth does seem to derive from the earlier Sumerian one. Neither is evidence for extra-terrestrial visitation.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

DJW001

Corruption Exposed

DJW001
reply to post by OzTiger

In the Hebrew Bible, there is a war in Heaven, which results in some of the inhabitants being cast out. These 'fallen angels' walk the Earth and interbreed with humans. In the Sumerian myth, there is a war in Heaven, and the blood of the losers is used to mix with mud to create the human race. You can read about it here:

www.ancienttexts.org...

There are significant differences, of course, but the later Hebrew myth does seem to derive from the earlier Sumerian one. Neither is evidence for extra-terrestrial visitation.

These stories have been well documented of course but my problem is this, if the Sumerians were taught to read and write by The Anunnaki and then The Anunnaki left why would the Sumerians write about mythical happenings rather than their everyday life. These 'mythical' writings appear to have been left by the Anunnaki themselves rather than their pupils.
I appreciate that the Bible has been absolutely massacred in that it no longer represents anywhere near the amount of the original and most has been 'lost in translation' and bears little resemblance to the original. I believe the Sumerian word for 'slave' is 'Adam' and the 'bearer of life' is 'Eve' and that there were hundreds if not thousands of them and it was their offspring that interbred with the 'sons of the Gods'.
DNA findings appears to suggest that there has been some sort of genetic modification about 250 thousand years ago and about 10 thousand years ago but has been swallowed up in 'disinformation' and 'debunking' sites or has been given a Zecharia Sitchin dressing.
There is no absolute definitive concrete facts of course so we are left to speculate as to our ancestry. I find it hard to come to terms that after 4 and a quarter million years we suddenly made what some declare as a 'quantum leap' in our development without help from a higher source of intelligence than our own. Religious people will believe that there was indeed a supreme divine deity that created us but I lean towards beings from another galaxy having something to do with it.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

These stories have been well documented of course but my problem is this, if the Sumerians were taught to read and write by The Anunnaki and then The Anunnaki left why would the Sumerians write about mythical happenings rather than their everyday life. These 'mythical' writings appear to have been left by the Anunnaki themselves rather than their pupils.

The overwhelming number of clay tablets found deal with real estate transactions, wills, legal disputes and so forth. Very few of them deal with mythology or liturgy. Very few of these are intact. It is human nature to invent stories to explain why things are the way they are. In western Asia, the belief seemed universally to be that the purpose of human life is to labor.

I appreciate that the Bible has been absolutely massacred in that it no longer represents anywhere near the amount of the original and most has been 'lost in translation' and bears little resemblance to the original. I believe the Sumerian word for 'slave' is 'Adam' and the 'bearer of life' is 'Eve' and that there were hundreds if not thousands of them and it was their offspring that interbred with the 'sons of the Gods'.

The Sumerian word for slave is ama'atud, which becomes wardu in Akkadian. The Hebrew word 'adam' is usually used to mean 'human,' but it is derived from a trilateral root meaning 'red.

DNA findings appears to suggest that there has been some sort of genetic modification about 250 thousand years ago and about 10 thousand years ago but has been swallowed up in 'disinformation' and 'debunking' sites or has been given a Zecharia Sitchin dressing.

Where are these genetic findings published?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

OzTiger

Harte

Harte

Sure, it's a mean joke. But at least he takes it well.

I do it in hopes that Skyfloating will, some fine day, decide to provide at least a scintilla of evidence for his wacky claims.

OzTigerWhat has always puzzled me (and I continue to look for answers regardless of the fact that when I appear to have found one it is quickly debunked only to have the debunker debunked followed by the debunking debunker debunked etc.,etc.,etc.,) is that we have inhabited this planet for approximately 4 million 250 thousand years of which the first 4 million we lived as cavemen, the next 240 thousand as 'hunter-gatherers' and then 10 thousand years ago we suddenly learned to read, write, communicate with each other, build huge architectural structures learned all about irrigation and agriculture.

What do you mean by "we?"
No homo sapiens were around 4 million years ago.

Harte

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

DJW001

Corruption Exposed

DJW001
reply to post by OzTiger

In the Hebrew Bible, there is a war in Heaven, which results in some of the inhabitants being cast out.

Chapter and verse, please.

DJW001In the Sumerian myth, there is a war in Heaven, and the blood of the losers is used to mix with mud to create the human race. You can read about it here:

www.ancienttexts.org...

That's Babylonian. Late Babylonian, in fact, and it doesn't even say what you claim.

Try the Epic of Atrahasis (link) for the earliest known Mesopotamian version of the creation of humans.

Harte

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gncnew

In the late 60s NICAP thoroughly debunked George Adamski, and proved that he was a liar as he was claiming to be an astronomer but really owned and ran a hot dog stand. There was only was case out of the hundreds of UFOs witnessed where anybody had actually seen a confirmed alien. That was the Landing at Socorro incident in New Mexico which to my knowledge may have been debunked. What does that say?

There is evidence as Jacques Vallee points out that does match the photos of aliens being etched in ancient caves. But we have to take notice when the military planes of WWII saw orbs. The foo fighters were the first wave of UFOs in the early 40s, orbs are for watching, so if there are green fire balls all over the world jst 30 years after the Wright brothers it means that there is an alien presence surveillancing the world. First, incredibly and mysteriously this is real history, Orson Welles predicted it right and had a correct hunch that there is a possibility of being visited by beings from outer space. Orbs were being seen in 1944 all over the world. Then, in a total seemingly fictional fantasy book type of setting, aliens made base in the southwestern desert in north America starting in 1946, as if they have searched the world and chosen where to locate themselves.

The early phase of the Green Fireball phenomenon, December 1948-February 1949
He is looking to his right when out of the corner of his eye he sees a 5', bright green fireball traveling east-to-west only three to four degrees above the horizon. He shouts "Look! Look! Look! Look!" Its path is almost exactly horizontal. At the last moment it wobbles, breaks up into three or four smaller fragments and burns out. Clark screeches to a stop, makes a fast U-turn and parks where LaPaz had started to shout. As soon as they stop LaPaz uses the transit to make a measurement of the object's path, then scratches an arrow in the pavement to confirm the location of the sighting. They listen for a sonic boom but hear nothing.
www.project1947.com...

So you have an intelligence that for years won't even come outside and will only watch, they are careful enough to not leave evidence. We know from the cattle mutes that they are good at not leaving evidence, it is well forgotten in history that they were chasing around the mysterious lights in cattle prairies.

We also have stories of the US government obtaining evidence and keeping it secret from the general public. Stories from individuals inside the government claiming that the subject is top secret and that we had help. Stories that other countries such as Mexico have let US military travel across it's border to retrieve crashed UFO evidence. Like in Shag Harbour, you have a UFO which is a mysterious light and it said to have biological attributes because of alien technology, it malfunctions and crashes in the water, and travels underneath the water miles away to another UFO to abandon ship. Then the US came in and recovered the evidence.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Harte

DJW001

Corruption Exposed

DJW001
reply to post by OzTiger

In the Hebrew Bible, there is a war in Heaven, which results in some of the inhabitants being cast out.

Chapter and verse, please.

DJW001In the Sumerian myth, there is a war in Heaven, and the blood of the losers is used to mix with mud to create the human race. You can read about it here:

www.ancienttexts.org...

That's Babylonian. Late Babylonian, in fact, and it doesn't even say what you claim.

Try the Epic of Atrahasis (link) for the earliest known Mesopotamian version of the creation of humans.

Harte

I don't want to give any further ammunition to the Sitchin believers. My point was that the Mesopotamian myths were influenced by each other, not a recounting of historical events.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Harte

OzTiger

Harte

Harte

I do it in hopes that Skyfloating will, some fine day, decide to provide at least a scintilla of evidence for his wacky claims.

OzTigerWhat has always puzzled me (and I continue to look for answers regardless of the fact that when I appear to have found one it is quickly debunked only to have the debunker debunked followed by the debunking debunker debunked etc.,etc.,etc.,) is that we have inhabited this planet for approximately 4 million 250 thousand years of which the first 4 million we lived as cavemen, the next 240 thousand as 'hunter-gatherers' and then 10 thousand years ago we suddenly learned to read, write, communicate with each other, build huge architectural structures learned all about irrigation and agriculture.

Harte

Again I bow to you limitless knowledge on this subject but I was given to believe that "Lucy" or, given her 'boffin' name of "Australopithecus afarensis" was where we all originated from some 4 million odd years ago. Homo Sapien was, I believe, the next in the species after 'Hominid" (or Hominin depending on whoever the expert is) which occurred about 250 thousand years ago. Again, I find it hard to come to terms with the fact that "Homo Sapien" (weren't they the 'Hunter-Gatherers'?) lived for 240 thousand years (without building, creating or doing anything with agriculture) and then ten thousand years ago they suddenly became Sumerian's, Aakadians, Mesopotamians or whatever who could read, write, build anything and farm anything and people say "Oh yer, this was evolution"! This beggars a two syllable reply with the first syllable being 'Bull'.
Architectural experts lay their reputations on the line stating that the Pyramids at Giza are/were impossible to build but they are there for all to see so SOMEBODY must have built them. The amazing fact is that they appear to have served no purpose whatsoever despite decades of computer assisted investigations by expert after expert and the conclusion is that they were built by the Egyptians who were traveling from place to place on a Camel and living in tents - oh yer!
Puma Punku, for instance, has rocks which have incredibly accurate grooves down each side and also incredibly accurate holes drilled through a distance of over 2 feet thick as well as the famous 'leggo' interlocking "H" blocks. Yes, say the experts, these COULD have been done by the locals using sand, rocks and diamonds. If anyone believes that they must be members of the "Tooth-Fairy-is-Real" association. Could someone tell me why these 'ancients' built this incredible structure and then decided to blow it up?
I do not know the answer as to our creation but I continue to search and am eager to discuss this subject with people who have very divergent views some of whom have very convincing theories which lead to much debate.
Another very informative and enlightening thread.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

OzTiger

Harte

OzTiger

Harte

Harte

Harte

Again I bow to you limitless knowledge on this subject but I was given to believe that "Lucy" or, given her 'boffin' name of "Australopithecus afarensis" was where we all originated from some 4 million odd years ago. Homo Sapien was, I believe, the next in the species after 'Hominid" (or Hominin depending on whoever the expert is) which occurred about 250 thousand years ago.

Australipithcus in any variety wasn't even in the same genus as our species.

The earliest member of the genus Homo was (IIRC) Homo Habilis (a little over 2 million years old)- discovered by Louis Leakey in Tanzania. Habilis is the first evidence we have of stone tool use.

Leakey found evidence of Habilis constructing huts, by the way. Does that satisfy your need for human construction?

If you stop and think about it for a moment, you can see that agriculture cannot be accomplished in any way that would leave evidence that we could possibly find unless the culture remained in the same spot constantly. Early humans (any species with Homo in it's name is rightly called "human") were nomadic. It may be that they replanted areas they had depleted before moving on with the game migrations, but there would be no way for us to detect this.

Harte

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Harte

OzTiger

Harte

OzTiger

Harte

Harte

Harte

Again I bow to you limitless knowledge on this subject but I was given to believe that "Lucy" or, given her 'boffin' name of "Australopithecus afarensis" was where we all originated from some 4 million odd years ago. Homo Sapien was, I believe, the next in the species after 'Hominid" (or Hominin depending on whoever the expert is) which occurred about 250 thousand years ago.

Australipithcus in any variety wasn't even in the same genus as our species.

The earliest member of the genus Homo was (IIRC) Homo Habilis (a little over 2 million years old)- discovered by Louis Leakey in Tanzania. Habilis is the first evidence we have of stone tool use.

Leakey found evidence of Habilis constructing huts, by the way. Does that satisfy your need for human construction?

If you stop and think about it for a moment, you can see that agriculture cannot be accomplished in any way that would leave evidence that we could possibly find unless the culture remained in the same spot constantly. Early humans (any species with Homo in it's name is rightly called "human") were nomadic. It may be that they replanted areas they had depleted before moving on with the game migrations, but there would be no way for us to detect this.

Harte

I am indebted to you yet again my friend.
Your point on agriculture is taken.
There is 'human construction' in the way of huts and there is Gobekli Tepe which, although primitive, is much more advanced.
All these constructions are invariably linked to stars and planets by somebody or another but always seem to get swallowed up in the 'Ancient Aliens' series or multiple debunking.
I continue to search and ask questions.
thank you again.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join