It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serbian anti-gay protest, reflection of worldwide opinion.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Greetings ATS,

As we most of us know, today is the lucky 10/10/10 day, at least for most people around the world. It was not the case in the Serbian capital of Belgrade, where about 1000 people marched in the gay parade, accompanied by nearly 5600 policemen suited in riot gear, were attacked by almost 6000 anti-gay protesters. The rest unfolds in the article below.

Serbian anti-gay protest

Although, this does not happen only in Serbia or other eastern countries. In all nations around the Earth homosexuality is at least frowned upon. I am Canadian, and although we embrace all people regardless of their religion, race, gender, or orientation, I am not a supporter of some gay rights, such as gay marriage, and I know that the majority of people think the same way as well. Some might argue that homosexual people are a minority, and is the duty of the majority to treat them equal. But this minority is not the same as an ethnical minority, because their way of life not only contradicts, but is also seen as an immoral practice by all cultures, independent of ethnicity. I believe that the problem is that we as a majority cannot understand their way of life, and in most cases we do not want to understand them. What I find hard to grasp is why homosexual people cannot try to be part of a heterosexual relation? Life is hard and challenging for most people, and yet we still move forward. Why can't homosexual people do the same? The reward for such challenge is the most precious gift a human can recieve: family.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MrAtomicspace

The OP is completely biased, and continually speaks for the "majority" of the world populace, cultures, religions etc.

What a popular guy he is to know the opinions and beliefs of all these peolple eh?

Propaganda.

On topic, it's ridiculous that somethign like this happens in this day and age, over somethign as silly as who are people sleeping with. Good on the government for not bending to ignorance and protecting these people.

ETA: Wait wait, you ask why can't we just be heterosexual? Because without it we won't have a family? Really?

I have a family, a large one at that. I am clearly not a heterosexual either. Please to not speak for the majority of people, as you are ONE individual.

Some people's children I tell you.

~Keeper
edit on 10/10/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Don't worry the OP is just a troll.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I am sorry if you feel offended by my thread. I am just merely trying to understand the issue in hand. The majority I am mentioning above is not a reflection of my thoughts, you, me, nor anyelse cannot deny that most people are not supporters of homosexuality. But I want to know whether or not this is a choice you made, or something beyond your control. I also do not agree with gay marriage as it gives homosexual couples the right to adopt.
Regarding the serbian protest, I oppose it, because every person is free to express theirself.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAtomicspace

I am sorry if you feel offended by my thread. I am just merely trying to understand the issue in hand. The majority I am mentioning above is not a reflection of my thoughts, you, me, nor anyelse cannot deny that most people are not supporters of homosexuality.

Yes it is a reflection of what YOU think. How do you know what the majority thinks or wants? Have you polled the "majority" in those countries? You can't use polls either, as they only poll a certain percentage, usually 1% or something of that nature. So yes, I can deny that most people aren't supporters of homosexuality because I do not know the majority of people or what they like/dislike/think of things.

But I want to know whether or not this is a choice you made, or something beyond your control.

Did you choose to be straight? If not, then I didn't choose it either. Do you honestly think that I would have CHOSEN to be ridiculed and harrassed my entire life by ignorant people too caught up in their own little bubbles to look outside themselves?

Do you think that ANYBODY, would ever CHOOSE, to be treated like a 2nd class citizen?

I also do not agree with gay marriage as it gives homosexual couples the right to adopt.

Wow you are barking up the wrong tree. I adopted 3 of the 4 children I have my friend. Are you telling me that they were better off in an orphanage than in a loving home which provides stability, education and a fair ammount of wealth?

I don't understand where people get this notion that we make bad parents or provide an environment that isn't healthy for children. These are preconceived notions of how the world works and who people are, and they are false.

My children are the spitting example of that. All honor students who are heavily involved in their community, have interests that range from music and art to literature and game design. You can't tell me a "negative" environment created good and outstanding members of society can you?

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I am sorry if you feel offended by my thread. I am just merely trying to understand the issue in hand. The majority I am mentioning above is not a reflection of my thoughts, you, me, nor anyelse cannot deny that most people are not supporters of homosexuality. But I want to know whether or not this is a choice you made, or something beyond your control. I also do not agree with gay marriage as it gives homosexual couples the right to adopt.
Regarding the serbian protest, I oppose it, because every person is free to express theirself.

Your stance is your stance alone. You do not reflect the majority of people. I deny that most people are not supporters of homosexuality. D e n y.

Who cares if someone made the choice or are born that way. What business is it of anyone else what two consenting adults do. Butt out of other people's relationships! Maybe you should start protesting heterosexual parents who should NOT be parents. Why are you not protesting divorced parents? Or should hetros remain married regardless.

There are just so many things wrong with your stance....but alas it is your stance. Not the majority. And you are entitled to speak for yourself. Please do not speak for others.

I am straight and I do not want you or anyone else butting into my consensual relationships. Same goes for homosexuals.

With that said.............do we REALLY need another thread on homosexuals? Are there not enough already posted all over ATS?
edit on October 10th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Yes it is a reflection of what YOU think.

I understand that it is harder for you to accept otherwise, but I have failed to date, in meeting anyone who fully supports homosexuality, unless they were homosexual.
Regarding parenting, I believe its an ethical issue, which cannot really be argued.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

What do you mean an ethical issue? Are you stating it's unethical to allow homosexuals to raise children?

I would love to know your reasoning behind this. And I would disagree yet again, it surely can be argued and debated.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Maybe you should start protesting heterosexual parents who should NOT be parents. Why are you not protesting divorced parents?

Im sorry but you are failing to grasp the ethical perspective behind the issue. It is your right to believe in anything, but it is a fact that most heterosexual people somewhat disagree with homosexuality. And why would anyone protest heterosexual parenting?! I believe your arguments are "radical" therefore unreasonable. Regarding divorce, that is another issue itself.

link   

What I find hard to grasp is why homosexual people cannot try to be part of a heterosexual relation? Life is hard and challenging for most people, and yet we still move forward. Why can't homosexual people do the same? The reward for such challenge is the most precious gift a human can recieve: family.

You haven't thought this statement through very well. Do you really think that little of women, that you think they should be trapped in a relationship with someone biologically incapable of loving them as anything more than friends?
I for one, and on this I can probably speak for most women, do not want to be married to a man that would be happier with another MAN!!!

People should be just staying out of other people's bedrooms. There is a large enough population of gay people, that they will partner up with people that have the same feelings. I don't understand why so many heterosexual people butt into this. It does not affect us.

link   

Yes it is a reflection of what YOU think.

I understand that it is harder for you to accept otherwise, but I have failed to date, in meeting anyone who fully supports homosexuality, unless they were homosexual.
Regarding parenting, I believe its an ethical issue, which cannot really be argued.

I am straight 100% and I support it. Majority of people I personally know support it. Your view is just wrong.

And with that said, there are many more hetrosexual parents that should NOT be parents (due to a plethora of issues) than there are homosexual parents. Homosexuality has nothing to do with the ethics of raising children. Nothing. So there, I argued it.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Maybe you should start protesting heterosexual parents who should NOT be parents. Why are you not protesting divorced parents?

Im sorry but you are failing to grasp the ethical perspective behind the issue. It is your right to believe in anything, but it is a fact that most heterosexual people somewhat disagree with homosexuality. And why would anyone protest heterosexual parenting?! I believe your arguments are "radical" therefore unreasonable. Regarding divorce, that is another issue itself.

Most? Please provide the source to your fact.

Why would anyone protest hetro parenting?
Because it is about the person and their ability to parent - not the gender they chose to be with

I think im done with this. Another topic that goes nowhere. We have zillions of them here. This one is no different.
edit on October 10th 2010 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

And I would disagree yet again

You would disagree yet again, eventhough you are not aware of my arguement! This is irrational..

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Worldwide opinion of gays is overwhelmingly negative. Wasn't it Ackiminajihad, the leader of Iran, that once said there are no gay people in Iran?

What would happen if a few brave gay people got together to prove him wrong? Forget anti-gay protests, how about a mass execution?

I could care less about an individual's sexuality, but when they get together in groups and start demanding special rights, that's when I turn against them.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

I am completely aware of your argument, you my friend are unaware of how WRONG it is.

The idea that MOST people are against homosexuality is a myth and NOT supported by any ammount of research or polling. Please provide such evidence if you are going to continue speaking for the majority of people.

I somehow doubt you personally know 3.5 billion people.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Why would anyone protest hetro parenting? Because it is about the person and their ability to parent - not the gender they chose to be with

I am not arguing the ability to parent or not, you are also blindly opposing my arguments. Im sorry but you are being irrational in your arguements. Please click here for the facts.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

If you would try to look just little further your arguements, you would be able to see the facts

Fact

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Why would anyone protest hetro parenting? Because it is about the person and their ability to parent - not the gender they chose to be with

I am not arguing the ability to parent or not, you are also blindly opposing my arguments. Im sorry but you are being irrational in your arguements. Please click here for the facts.

From your source:

This poll was conducted among a random sample of 895 adults nationwide, interviewed by telephone June 12-16, 2009. Phone numbers were dialed from RDD samples of both standard land-lines and cell phones. The error due to sampling for results based on the entire sample could be plus or minus three percentage points. The error for subgroups is higher. This poll release conforms to the Standards of Disclosure of the National Council on Public Poll.

895 people were polled. That's not the MAJORITY of Americans as there are 330+ million americans. Do you see how your logic fails here?

~Keeper

edit on 10/10/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I also do not care about a person orientation, it is their right to express themselves. But I am not as extremist in my views as you.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

This is getting ridiculous, my friend do you have the knowledge on how polls are conducted? Please do some research, it will help your aguements.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join