It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth About THE EVENT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The Event was advertised pretty heavily on ATS, that's why I tuned in for the premire.There was even mention of it being "soft disclosure". Is anybody still watching this thing? I didn't make it past episode 2, there were so many flashbacks, flash forwads, and even flash sideways that it just played like a thinly veiled effort to capture viewers when lost and 24 went off the air.Anybody still watching? If so, did it get any better?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
.Anybody still watching?

Ya

If so, did it get any better?

no

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

well in that case it won't last long anyway, really glad I didn't get too invested in it.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
What was this about?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by demiroyale

aliens crash land in alaska in the 40's. the govt captures and quarantines them secretly. however the govt is unaware that some of the aliens got away and have infiltrated our society.present day: the leader of the aliens has convinced the president to proceed with disclosure, but just before the press confrence they are attacked by a hijacked airliner flying into them. the plane suddenly vanishes seconds before impact, hilarity ensues.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
so where is the truth? as your title implies?

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
reply to post by SaturnFX

well in that case it won't last long anyway, really glad I didn't get too invested in it.

How could you get 'too invested',
You watched 2 episodes and there has only been 3. lol

I dont have TV, but after some posts here before it started..
Ive been making a point to go and watch it at my brothers house,

it hasnt really gotten much better, but the idea is still the same..
so im still interested... lol
still... if we don't find out what the aliens purpose here is by the next show..
i may give up and save some gas..

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

the truth is after all the hype all summer long about how good this was going to be,and all the critical acclaim, it's just another over produced snore

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I don't know, the third episode kind of redeemed it a bit for me. It was much better than the first two, and considering the vacuum for this kind of show right now...I'm game for it.

posted on Oct, 11 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
abe froman,
I think you may have me confused with a TV guide.

But .... I guess I can play along. Maybe the true beginning of this thread is coming up in the future in a flashback

reply to post by abe froman

I agree with Gazrok. The third episode did redeem itself a little bit.

As for the flashing forwards and backwards in time from character to character, and filling in the blanks from the past timeline piece by piece ... I think if it is part of disclosure, it is conditioning our minds to think of time as being more than just a linear concept, which also seems to be intertwined and a part of the plot, imo.

First Episode: Pilot
Second Episode: To Keep Us Safe
Third Episode: Protect Them From the Truth

Fourth Episode Tonight will be: A Matter of Life and Death

Will I be watching it? Yes, if not I will be recording it to watch later.

I have a fetish for science fiction, it seems to be where science comes from.

-ET

edit on 11-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: I know you are reading these words. And thank you for doing so. That concludes this post.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I don't know that The Event is necessarily about aliens. There is some buzz around the similarities between this show and 1989 film adaptation of John Varley's short story called Air Raid, which was released under the name Millennium. In this story, humans from the future are coming back to the past, and extracting live humans from airplanes that were going to crash anyway to repopulate the future where pollution and the resulting degradation of the environment has rendered us sterile. It seems like it may be a re-imagining of that story as it so far does not match the story line of The Event exactly, but there are enough similarities to make me suspect that they will continue to surface similar plot elements. I'd prefer that it were about aliens, however.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by belowcommonknowledge

because of the scene depicting the crash in the late 40s i'm still betting aliens

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Think about the last episode though. If we are to believe the alien angle, then it's a bit puzzling how Thomas went straight for the radio after the crash. Yet, he was surprised to find the vacuum tubes.

If alien, the only way he would have known what the radio was so quickly, was if they'd studied us. In studying, he would have known the tech level. Instead, his actions are more like someone who had more knowledge of radios throughout the years, so he could easily find such a device, without knowing the particular tech level of the time.

While they've stated aliens (but with VERY similar genetics), I think the time travel aspect has a lot of merit, and would make a good twist from a story-telling standpoint.

There's also the other guy easily recognizing stored foodstuffs (not to mention their command of the English language).
edit on 21-10-2010 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
its getting raelly good, so good that i had to search if there were any topics about it because i'm suprised people are not talking about it more here,, its becoming really conencted to world events and intertwined with reality and many conspiracys.

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

yes finally got chance to watch it last night, watchable lots of bad science not seen to much truth in it so far if any at all may i suggest if your looking for any truth in a programme of this kind watch dark skies from the early 90`s their`s lots in that .

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I thought it was okay, not as aimless as Lost.

As for soft disclosure, I don't think it really has that going for it. There's not any hard references to really get my ATS jig on. It's still early and I am sure that we'll see some more twists and turns as it goes on.

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
One twist was last night, so spoiler alert if you haven't seen it yet.

We learned Thomas is Sophia's son. In addition, it seems like Lee is still in, and they fingered another mole. Last night's episode certainly put CT's in a daring light, huh? (with them racing out of the building, and letting off a bomb behind them). Of course, any decent CT would have never been traced with the call from the reporter in the first place (kind of a weak point of it, as was the fact that they (the G-men) didn't have anybody covering ALL exits, even the roof). Still though, a pretty good episode.

Was interesting to see a human side to the head spook G-man. Certainly explains the hard-ass approach, and now, we even feel he is justified in doing so.

Of course, had it been me, I would have had EVERY man on the ground team shipped to the four corners of the Earth, and replaced with new men as I personally watched each blood draw and DNA test. Not to mention, ANYONE who had ANY records gap or hardship that could be exploited would not be considered for the team.

So, what the heck was up with those little girls at the end? That was a pretty LOST-like cliffhanger, huh? It seems as if they may be testing something on these girls maybe?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I agree, that end scene of the "old" girls was pretty bizarre. Didn't one of them get a shot, or am I misremembering?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Still haven't watched last night's yet...will see it tonight though.

posted on Nov, 21 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Oh now I remember. I never watch tv, but one day, I was at someones house, I saw one commercial, and it was about The Event.

I immediately realized that they have planned an event, and they are preparing the idiots. It was quite clear to me. #s gonna happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join