It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Reported News That Was Quickly Dropped & Never Heard Of Again

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

There have been many news stories around the globe of "radioactive rebar" or metal products in the market. Scrap metal collectors take it if a magnet will stick to it and depleted uranium and other radioactives have been melted down with steel to make products.

DU doesn't stick to magnets. It also doesn't melt really easily, so it's tough to alloy it with other metals.

What you're thinking of is likely cobalt-60 from hospital radiation machines, which will stick to a magnet and has been the subject of a number of contaminated steel melts.
edit on 10-11-2010 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Awesome thread! thas amazing the real reason clinton was impeached was for selling secrets to china. amnd to think, his wife is an influence in congress right now! man did out more stuff!!!! its educating and informative, how much our governemnt, president and economy is really nothing more than 4th grae lies and bullsh*t...they can get away with murder lieying on a national and internationals scale. and if we the taxpayers do it..theirs all hell to pay for steeling an ice cream cone*

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

That was in Brazil. A couple salvagers found an old medical scanner with cobalt-60 in it, and in ensuing transactions it irradiated a lot of people.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Enlightening, I had never heard of this.

I will read more about it.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

I don't know if it is the same thing, but I read a couple years ago about concern over Russian nuclear material being used in dirty bombs.

It seems that in the cold war days the Russians deployed over 800 aircraft guidence markers containing a radioactive decay power system.

The concern was that the Russians didn't know where these markers were placed (no maps were made) or in fact how many there actually where. I heard of this because someone had cracked one open and had (briefly) used the core for warmth before dying (the story talked about odd burns on his leg from where he had been keeping the material in his pant pocket)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
-Cant forget Operation Northwood
-Oh! and the Egyptian Artifacts found in the Grand Canyon the day before Roswell
-And the Ethiopian Christians who've had the Ark of the Covenant in their possession for like 700 years.
-Also, perpetual energy thru millions of small magnetic atoms in water moving the a thru a water wheel
-The man attempting to build the mosque in NYC owns the largest stock in Fox News, Yet Fox News acts like he's "news" to them.
-and the the "crazy" guy at the Discovery Channel headquarters
-And of course the most overlooked, yet also most utilized is the technology to manipulate weather, producing "un-natural" disasters.
-The 3rd secret of Fatima being slurred and cover-up
-The Philadelphia Experiment
-Those 2 assassins caught on hotel camera, (2 "Trained Assassin's didn't know hotels had camera's that would identify them as the last 2 people to enter the room.)

edit on 13-11-2010 by ATLien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
BUMP
Bump
bump

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Nice memory AT guy above me.
I googled some of the things you mentioned because I had never heard of them before, like the egyptian artifacts in the grand canyon.

Anymore?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Ummm...
-Saddam tried to assassinate the Iraqi prime minister in 1959 for the CIA but failed.
-BBC reported the 2nd tower fell on 9/11, 43 minutes early
-Pharmaceuticals giving hemophiliacs AIDS knowingly
-Giving Tuskegee Airmen Syphilis
-Electric Car'a
-Blood transfusions can increase eye sight,strength, and overall mental capacity.
-The time line of history has been shuffled to fit an agenda
-David Stern rigging the Patrick Ewing Draft
-Hatsheput's builder(and lover) drew the coordinates to their home planet on the ceiling of his tomb.
-Le Cercle(All that's known is the name)

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien

-Hatsheput's builder(and lover) drew the coordinates to their home planet on the ceiling of his tomb.

Please explain.

Hatsheput's husband was Thutmose II. The only information I can find on anything alien related to them is this:
weeklyworldnews.com...
It's from a hoax website and the "proof" are quotes from that crazy Sitchin guy.
Besides, he says it was Thutmose III, the son of Thutmose II, that flew in an alien space ship.

That's about all I could find.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

HIs names was senmut

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
One news blerb I remember was of a newly discoverd dinosaur that had been found with fingers and opposible thumbs. It was on the national news, I tried to find out more info on the internet but found nothing.....?

Do you mean the little birdlike fellow called Bambiraptor as reported at New Scientist magazine?

Here's the piece from 2007.

Birdlike dinosaur boasted opposable fingers

It refers (sans link) to a Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology (vol 26, p 897) article for the full story. Link to the abstract.

Quite fascinating...
thanks Darkmask!

Peace,
Pixel
edit on 11/14/2010 by PixelDuster because: classified

edit on 11/14/2010 by PixelDuster because: even more classified

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by QuestionTheGovernment

Those where actually spacecraft's that hit the moon not a bomb. So your saying they went through all this trouble to build a moon base just to destroy it because India might find it? That really makes sense.

Yeah..how about just offer them something of value to keep their mouths shut..hmmmm wonder what could be valuable enough..oh maybe a seat on the UN security council.

posted on Nov, 15 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
OK any one remember a report from around 15 years
ago in some country like one of Russia's former states
or it could of been India? What happened was a man
found an old piece of medical equipment? that had been
used maybe for X-rays or whatever?, well the man found
said item and stripped it down for scrap this is where it
gets strange.

the man proceeded to take a metal (lead) cylinder off
the machine and he opened it up!
upon doing this he found a "blue glowing dust like materiel"
and this fascinated him so much he went into the little village
or town with the stuff showing off the strange glowing dust.

soon nearly all of the people had come into contact with
this magical dust and just thought it was fun! they were
literately covered in the stuff and did not see the danger
only fun.i remember seeing the children playing and giving
off a light blue glow! (Cherenkov radiation i presume)

well it later turned out that he had dismantled some
kind of radioactive device and subsequently contaminated
all those that came in contact with the radioactive substance
with devastating effects to them.

I remember it quite well and my sister can recall seeing it
at the same time as me on the news.

thing is i never saw it mentioned on later news stories that night
or in the next few days after?it just vanished!
I have even tried to track the story down on the web but it has
been so long and our memory about the exact location is sketchy
and i have found nothing.THIS DID HAPPEN.
any one else remember the story/ news?

The incident happened in Brazil.

Here is a link to the Wikipedia page.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
News that could have changed the outcome of history:
In the months leading up to the November [2000] balloting, Gov. Jeb Bush ordered elections supervisors to purge 58,000 voters on the grounds they were felons not entitled to vote. As it turns out, only a handful of these voters were felons. This extraordinary news ran on page one of the country’s leading paper. Unfortunately, it was the wrong country: Britain. In the USA, it was not covered. The office of the governor [also] illegally ordered the removal of felons from voter rolls – real felons – but with the right to vote under law. As a result, 50,000 of these voters could not vote. The fact that 90% of these were Democrats should have made it news as this alone more than accounted for Bush’s victory.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ATLien

But in retrospect, with all the Global Warming hoaxing that Super Cereal Al Gore has perpetrated, along with all his self serving, narcissistic interviews, would he have been any better than GW?

I know it is hard to fathom, but look at the current situation. Is Obama really an improvement?

I am convinced that there just will not be a decent candidate to make it onto the ballot. I don't care who gets elected anymore. They all suck. Which one is in office is nothing more than semantics.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Would Al Gore have been better? It is impossible to tell. However, it is an important story because it shows how elections are rigged and voters are intentionally disenfranchised for fun and profit.

I guess I still believe that if you hit the American people in the head with the truth long enough some of them will have to wake up.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81

Would Al Gore have been better? It is impossible to tell. However, it is an important story because it shows how elections are rigged and voters are intentionally disenfranchised for fun and profit.

I guess I still believe that if you hit the American people in the head with the truth long enough some of them will have to wake up.

I will grant that whole heartedly. Elections are just a dog and pony show to placate The People.

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Gores a clown no doubt, but I don't think he's as easily manipulated as Bush is..If he's that eccentric about the environment than we wouldn't be chasing oil as is the MO of Bush IMO..

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATLien

Gores a clown no doubt, but I don't think he's as easily manipulated as Bush is..If he's that eccentric about the environment than we wouldn't be chasing oil as is the MO of Bush IMO..

I believe his "job" was to try to convince the world of GW in order to drive the carbon credits as a revenue source to replace oil. he has failed, mostly because peoples BS detectors went off en masse.

They are all easily manipulated. The office is a sham to make people believe that The People have a say. The whole "free range slavery" concept that Protoplasmic Traveller talks about is a very good description of what our "freedom" gives us.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join