It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Reported News That Was Quickly Dropped & Never Heard Of Again

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I can't find my interesting corrupt industrial creative accounting practice guidelines anywhere.

How much did Halliburton charge American taxpayers for the hammers required during the Iraq war effort, again?

posted on Nov, 16 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Great thread, OP
SandF
How about Rummy's announcement regarding the missing trillions the day before 911?
911research.wtc7.net...
That story lasted about a day....then the evidence that would have been used to figure out where the money went disappeared in the pulling of WTC building 7
Darn Muslims.

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

In 1951 the CIA placed '___' in the bread in a small town in France, resulting in dozens of people ending up in the Asylum.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I love this thread.

Here's one i remember fron the mid 1990's. The American Computer Co. came up with a device called the Transfer Capacitor. Basically, it was a poker chip sized hard drive with no moving parts and a capacity of 90GB, which was a LOT back then. As i recall it worked on the basis of electron transfer to store data, generated no heat and used negligible energy. This story has all but disappeared.

www.fourwinds10.com...

Namaste

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
In last 80's or early 90's. Bbc made a tv programme of psychotronic non lethel weapons being used on horse racing, i remember.

These where binoculars, that made the brain of teh horse targeted go scrambled. The horse would suddenly go all drunk like, and fall all over the place. Supposedly the glasses came from american army and where being sold in usa for like 50,000 dollars or something.

Of course these things are being used in sports today, but i have never heard about it again.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986
I was looking for a report that some California students broke the light barrier. I found this similar story.

'We Have Broken Speed Of Light'

A pair of German physicists claim to have broken the speed of light - an achievement that would undermine our entire understanding of space and time. According to Einstein's special theory of relativity, it would require an infinite amount of energy to propel an object at more than 186,000 miles per second.

Here's another.

Scientists Claim To Break Speed-of-Light Barrier

Taught in physics classes the world over, Albert Einsteins theory of specia relativity holds that no object or information can move faster than the speed of light in a vacuum, or 186,000 miles (300,000 kilometers) per second. But of light in a vacuum, or 186,000 miles (300,000 kilometers) per second. But NECs Lijun Wang says he created an experiment in which a light beam raced through a gas-filled chamber so quickly, it exceeded the speed of light by a factor of 300. Whats more, the light pulse appears to have left the confines of the chamber before it even entered a seemingly impossible occurrence according to theories of causality, which predict that causes must always precede their effects. according to theories of causality, which predict that causes must always precede their effects.

Even though I didn't find the article I was looking for, you would think that our understanding of physics needs a bit of a rehash after all that. I'm surprised this stuff didn't get more coverage.

Interesting thread here:

theroy of gravitaional warp naturally occouring at bow shock
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I once read about NASA, an experiment with plants measuring potential frequencies in which the main plant might communicate with their removed parts if they been set at a distance from them, some cut leaves aboard
a space shuttle in orbit and the communication between main plant and its leaves was measured to be potentially several times faster than the speed of light. Then never heard about it again.
edit on 23-11-2010 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by sehrengiz

Dead Sea Calibration Shots

11 November 1999, Dead Sea, Israel:
Three chemical explosions were conducted in the Dead Sea for the purposes of calibrating the International Monitoring System. Some environmental organizations were protesting the event on site and these protests made their way into international news. The main concern of the protestors was that these kind of deep under sea level (- 485m.) detonations could cause unprecedented seismic activity and could trigger earthquakes. These claims were all dismissed as mere conspiracy theories by non-scientific minds.

12 November 1999, Duzce, Turkey:
Within the first 24 hours after the above mentioned tests, a strong 7.2 scale earthquake hit the Nothwestern city of Duzce in Turkey, killing around 1.000 people and wounding 5.000.

The news about the Dead Sea "calibration shots" never made it to the news again. The earthquake was linked with another big earthquake which happened in the region 3 months before, although within the 24 hours before this earthquake there were three nearby seismic explosions. The seismic shocks of these manmade explosions were recorded as far away as 3.500 kms. but nobody linked the two events although the distance was only 1.100 kms. The postmortem reports of the tests does not mention the earthquake although the tests' purpose were to figure out the effects of such explosions.

Here are two scientific papers about the tests: 1, 2. And here is one about the earthquake.
I'd appreciate it if anyone can find and post the news article about the tests and the protests.

1999 Düzce earthquake
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Düzce earthquake)
Jump to: navigation, search
1999 Düzce earthquake
1999 Düzce earthquake is located in Turkey
Date November 12, 1999 (1999-11-12)
Magnitude 7.2 Mw
Countries or regions affected Turkey
Casualties 894 dead

The Düzce earthquake of 1999 was an earthquake that occurred on 12 November 1999 at 18.57 local time (16.57 UTC] with a moment magnitude of 7.2[1], causing damage and 894 fatalities in Duzce, Turkey. The epicenter was approx. 100 km (62 mi) to the east of the moment magnitude 7.4[2] 1999 İzmit earthquake of 17 August, 1999, which killed over 17,000 people.

1999 İzmit earthquake
1999 Izmit earthquake
Date August 17, 1999 (1999-08-17), 03:02 UTC
Magnitude 6.7 Mw [1], 7.5 Mw [2]
Depth 17 km
Epicenter location 41.702ºN 29.987ºE[3]
Countries or regions affected Turkey
Casualties 17,127 dead, 43,953 injured (official Turkish estimate)

The 1999 İzmit earthquake (also known as the Kocaeli earthquake or the Gölcük earthquake) was a 7.6 magnitude earthquake that struck northwestern Turkey on August 17, 1999, at about 3:02am local time.[1] The event lasted for 37 seconds,[1] killing around 17 thousand people...

...The earthquake was heavily felt in this industrialized and densely populated urban area of the country, including oil refineries, several automotive plants, and the Turkish navy headquarters and arsenal in Gölcük, increasing the severity of the loss of life and property

en.wikipedia.org...

That was fully stocked, all geared up, engines running, at red alert and ready for a big "exercise" that if carried out was bound to cause a stirr in international affairs. The majority of the submarine fleet was located inside the top security underground submarine base during the exact time. Rumor has it (that was another crazy news piece that surfaced for very little time and never made it over the US) the epicenter of the 17th August quake was right below this area. Scary coincidences...Or Israeli siesmic weapons deployed during a secret war between the two countries that is only now 10 years later plainly visible.

Gölcük Naval Base
Gölcük Naval Base
Gölcük Deniz Ana Üssü
Gölcük, Kocaeli
Type Military base
Coordinates 40°43′23″N 29°48′11″E / 40.723°N 29.803°E / 40.723; 29.803Coordinates: 40°43′23″N 29°48′11″E / 40.723°N 29.803°E / 40.723; 29.803
In use 1933 - present
Controlled by Turkish Navy

Gölcük Naval Base (Turkish: Gölcük Deniz Ana Üssü) is the main base of the Turkish Navy on the east coast of the Sea of Marmara in Gölcük, Kocaeli. It is the principal base for logistic support with various facilities stretched over 1,800 acres (7.3 km2) of land.[1]

In addition to the workplaces, the base houses apartment-like barracks, social facilities, a military hospital, a military museum and an archive for naval history.[2]

The shipyard at the base is capable of constructing frigates, submarines, fast attack boats and auxiliary vessels with high technology in recognized standards.[2]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-11-2010 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
For some reason I remembered this story the other day and I had to post it on this thread... Crazy stuff..

'European hit squad killed Hamas leader'
www.independent.co.uk...

An 11-member hit squad, composed mostly of UK passport holders, was responsible for the killing of a leader of the Hamas armed wing in a Dubai hotel room last month, the country's police chief told reporters yesterday.

Lieutenant General Dhahi Khalfan Tamim showed a news conference surveillance video of the alleged assassination team arriving on separate flights to Dubai the day before Mahmoud al-Mabhouh was found dead by staff at the Bustan Rotana hotel, AP reported from Dubai. He said that six members of the team carried British passports, three – including a woman – Irish passports, one – the head of the team – a French passport, and one a German passport. He said photos and other information were being sent to Interpol.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeySEEmonkeyDO
For some reason I remembered this story the other day and I had to post it on this thread... Crazy stuff..

'European hit squad killed Hamas leader'
www.independent.co.uk...

An 11-member hit squad, composed mostly of UK passport holders, was responsible for the killing of a leader of the Hamas armed wing in a Dubai hotel room last month, the country's police chief told reporters yesterday.

Lieutenant General Dhahi Khalfan Tamim showed a news conference surveillance video of the alleged assassination team arriving on separate flights to Dubai the day before Mahmoud al-Mabhouh was found dead by staff at the Bustan Rotana hotel, AP reported from Dubai. He said that six members of the team carried British passports, three – including a woman – Irish passports, one – the head of the team – a French passport, and one a German passport. He said photos and other information were being sent to Interpol.

The quoted news report is dated 16th February, 2010.

Then, on 23rd March 2010, this;

Britain expels Mossad agent over forged passport plot
Police investigation finds Israel forged documents used by Dubai hit squad in killing of Hamas leader

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimerton
Such an excellent topic!
Here's one nobody covered yet; In the mid 80's there was a 60 Minutes episode that cover a remarkable process for using old tires for highways and it was remarkable in that it got rid of the troublesome old rubber, and created a virtually non-maintenance roadway that lasted for years.
So where's it? We can't have no maintenance roads.
edit on 9-10-2010 by Jimerton because: Didn't end well.

They use those on the road all the time now. Minnesota's newer roads are made of recycled car tires.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Bumping because I was wondering about Amy Bishop That Harvard educated neuro-scientist who killed her colleagues in Huntsville, AL.

Never heard another thing about it.

Funny how Harvard produced the Unabomber too. I wonder if she was part of mind control experiment similar to him?
Why did this just drop off the radar? Was she an asset of some type that went awry?

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

The X-Files off shoot, "The lone gunman" pilot was in April 2001 plotted by a group within the government to fly planes into the World Trade Center Tower!......

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
perhaps last year or the year before, a very nice middle class mom and dad in florida? were taken out by about 7-9 guys dressed in black or camo. these people were foster parents.. mentioned once on the national news and never again. the news thought it might have been a burglary gone bad. they obviously had no imagination.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Heres a somewhat local one that isnt so much as a cover up, as it is a forgotten case. They are making a documentary about it, but the police havnt let on much about what exactly they know.

Story

Basically, he was a local math professor that went missing for three months. he miraculously showed back up bound to a tree and burned head to toe, in a pasture. there were no signs of anyother person being at the scene. and there are some questionable objects found at the scene as well.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepestOne

I only just found this thread- YES ! Moderators, if you're reading, please set up a place for unusual news stories that weren't followed-up. Some of these things could prove to be very significant later. Who knows? Perhaps an ATSer could make a really important connection and break some important news.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Could be my memory, but I don't remember any MSM coverage on Bob Lazar's murder. Lazar claimed he had not only worked on an alien spacecraft at Area 51, but saw nine different ones. Lazar was found dead in his car - that's all I know.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KillerQueen

Remember that story about 15 years ago about the Harvard student who brutally murdered her roommate?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
What an awesome thread. I don't have anything to add unfortunately but wanted to get this saved on my list. Bedlam, you are one interesting cat, I can't wait to go through all your posts and see what else you have to say =)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
That is the nature of news reporting, here today gone tomorrow. It's called 'news fashion' - stories are followed and covered for as long as it can be - then its suddenly dropped and never heard from again. Its incredibly frustrating because of how high they prop some of these stories, only to fickly run to the next one and make that out to be even bigger news.

It goes hand in hand with lazy journalism, which unfortunately most MSM journalism is. So basically every massive story that goes through he news would fall under the criteria of this thread. Some stories are invariably covered up, but they would be dropped pretty soon anyway.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by WisdomSeeker
I love this thread.

Here's one i remember fron the mid 1990's. The American Computer Co. came up with a device called the Transfer Capacitor. Basically, it was a poker chip sized hard drive with no moving parts and a capacity of 90GB, which was a LOT back then. As i recall it worked on the basis of electron transfer to store data, generated no heat and used negligible energy. This story has all but disappeared.

www.fourwinds10.com...

Namaste

This is the same company that claims it's back engineered stuff from Roswell.........interesting. I've never known what to make of this company.

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
How 'bout the "accidental" plane crash that killed JFK Jr?

And the one I like, I'm sure no one has heard at all about. Down here in the Yucatan, divers found a skeleton at 150 feet deep, and MILES inside a cenote, the caverns that abound in this area. Since the skeleton had no scuba tanks, it was fairly obvious that he could not have swum in there, and must come from a time when the sea level was far lower, therefore having walked in there. Carbon dating of the skeleton also backed this up, dating it at 13,000 years old.

Problem is, according to currently accepted theories, there were NO PEOPLE in the Americas at this time. NONE.

ANother problem is, the skeleton, of a teenage boy, was definitely an ASIAN.

Being an adolescent, it is unlikely he came to Mexico on his own. Most likely with his parents, and even more likely a larger group. ANd they definitely didn't SWIM over here.

THerefore, this establishes that people were able to cross the oceans even before what we consider recorded history. This is huge. It turns all archeology on its head, indeed what we know of the "history" of the world is called into question. This is why it is swept under the rug, careers are at stake.

Just like with everything else. Truth be damned, we must protect the status quo.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join