It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mentor Ohio - 4 teens bullied to death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Mentor Ohio - 4 teens bullied to death in the same school
Something evil is happening in this town. Seriously. This is just sick.
The school system is being sued now. Good. Hope something changes with the lawsuit.

Ohio Teens Bullied To Death

It was the fourth time in little more than two years that a bullied high school student in this small Cleveland suburb on Lake Erie died at his or her own hand — three suicides, one overdose of antidepressants. One was bullied for being gay, another for having a learning disability, another for being a boy who happened to like wearing pink.

And this was the beyond evil ...

Suzana Vidovic found her sister's body hanging over the front lawn. The family watched, she said, as the girls who had tormented Sladjana for months walked up to the casket — and laughed.

"They were laughing at the way she looked," Suzana says, crying. "Even though she died."

Can you believe the EVIL of these people? Showing up at the funeral and laughing at the dead person .. the person who died as a result of their actions? I know I said it before .. but this is really, really EVIL.

What the hell is wrong with these people? Where are their parents? What, if anything, can the schools do about this? This isn't isolated. If these bullies were adults they would not be allowed to get away with their behavior in the work place. They'd be fired and out on the street. Letting bullies get away with their criminal behavior doesn't do them any good and it certainly doesn't do the victims any good. If the youth victim survives the bully (and nowadays you have to say it that way - IF they survive), they then suffer scars for life.

This is freak'n insane.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I can believe it, and believe me its normal. This is just scratching the surface.

And what happens when you stand up to the bullies? The bully is portrayed as the victim, and you end up being punished harshly for it. You cannot win.
edit on 8-10-2010 by EnactedEgoTrip because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Very sad story indeed.
There isnt much educating going on in the public school system.
It's more like a daily gathering of the districts young lambs to act out and compare what theyve ingested over the prior 24 hours from mtv/facebook/twitter/internet/textings/madison ave, and the vying for local status and local celebrity .
The basic compass of respect and morals is only carried by a few anymore.
Remember the stand out bully? The one or two kids that were just mean and always had stuff going on around them, always nasty and threatening and in trouble?
That attitude has been okayed now to be the dominant attitude, it's been sold to our youth along with apathy.
Garbage in = Garbage out.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
The fact that those girls had the audacity to even go to the wake is mindboggling to me...

then to gloat over her body...

"They were laughing at the way she looked," Suzana says, crying. "Even though she died."

That is the most disturbing thing I have read in a while. This is a very scary reminder of the sort of times we are living in. I Seriously hope those girls see prison time. I would also consider carving a Four letter word that rhymes with "Bunt" into thier foreheads, so people can "LAUGH AT THE WAY THEY LOOK' and go through the ridicule they put this girl through for the rest of thier sorry lives...

Im seriously just disgusted...

/rant off

My sympathy and condolences to any family members who may read this,My heart Truelly goes out to you. I will keep your loved one in my nightly blessings.

~meathead
edit on 8-10-2010 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

And you know that the word they are branded with will become a badge of honour, people with one will gain even more respect from their peers.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
well ,
either you raise your children in a la la land of make believe where the eagles fly high and nothing bad will ever happen cause zombie salvation is cometh a soon

or you raise your children in reality land where it hurts when you fall and fishes dont sleep when you buy em at the market,

could be a place to start,

but also that parents must teach their kids character and to "talk the talk and walk the walk" that is not something the school is for.

then teach kids that

lying about someone when you know its untrue is punishable by law
hurting someone mentaly and physicly is punishable by law
making someone do something against their will is punishable by law
and that the law applies to you at 6/12 years old or 10 for federal

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

I agree 100%. And where were the laughing kids parents at the wake? I know this is ultimatey those doing the bullyings fault but how on earth do their parents let them act this way? I wouldn't have been able to restrain myself if it were my child in the casket, there would have been a few more needing to be filled.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
With so many of these types of incidents, schools should somehow incorporate weekly or monthly speeches on respect and intolerance of bullies. There should also be laws to stop this kind of behavior. And yes, at home the parents need to be vigilent and instill morales in their kids.

It breaks my heart to keep hearing of the horrors in our school systems.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
With so many of these types of incidents, schools should somehow incorporate weekly or monthly speeches on respect and intolerance of bullies. There should also be laws to stop this kind of behavior.

Bingo boingo. Agreed 1000 percent. Bullying is a cancer. I can remember being bullied every day of every year during my school days, and trying everything to stop it. I remember a few times the most effective relief was to pass it down to someone weaker than me. I know that sounds terrible, but as a kid you do what you have to just to get by. Sometimes just calling another kid a name where the bully could hear me would keep them off me for a few days. Eventually though those 'weaker' kids became my best friends and we all just got bullied together. Its never like it is in the stories where standing up to the bully stops it, when I tried that I got beat-up and bullied some more.

Weekly speeches on bullying and encouragement to report bullies along with very potent punishment and extra attention and counselling for the bullies and the bullied sounds like a really great idea..Wish someone would have done that in my school.

Also my sister was relentlessly bullied, but she had more of a killer instinct at the time than me as she put a stop to it with extreme violence..I admire her for that, because I didnt have the heart.

Looking back I realize that the bullies were victims as well. Most had abusive alcoholic drug addicted PARENTS, broken homes, or had experienced tragedy of thier own and bullying was thier way of coping. I suppose its true when people say shi& rolls down hill.
edit on 8-10-2010 by psyko45 because: content

edit on 8-10-2010 by psyko45 because: content

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

lying about someone when you know its untrue is punishable by law
hurting someone mentaly and physicly is punishable by law
making someone do something against their will is punishable by law
and that the law applies to you at 6/12 years old or 10 for federal

Do you really want to put kids in the system when we could integrate policy into public education? I appreciate your intensity, but wouldnt this make the bad worse as it does most of the time in the adult world?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Bullying is criminal. Youths who bully should be treated no different than those who shop lift or who torture animals. For decades bullies got away with it like it was some kind of right of passage to be bullied at school. If they let the bullies get away with things like this then we all will have to deal with them in the court system as hard core criminals later in life.

I am still shaking my head .. the bullies went to the funeral and mocked the dead girl ... pure evil!!

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
majority of people experience some form of bullying in school,

i did, what happened was i eventualy started getting into fights, and the bullying stoped, anytime someone picked on me after that, i stood up to them and challenged them, they always backed down, even if it took a fist to do it,

i know people dont want to hear it because of fear, but it is a fact,

defend yourself from attack, or continue being attacked,

learn self defense verbal and physical, or be defenseless

if you don't teach your children how to defend themselves, then they will have no defense,

the only escape after that is death. im sure the parents of those dead children are wishing now they had encouraged their children to stand up have confidence and fight back, instead of playing the sheep and following the school rules,

i blame this ridiculous ideology which is being professed by our schools that we are ALL supposed to only be pacifist, and not defend ourselves but rely on the schools to do the defending, ridiculous.
edit on 10/8/10 by pryingopen3rdeye because: spaleeling

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is the kind of people that society today is producing - perhaps they should join the Westboro Baptist Church gang? The laughing kids are trying their best to cover their feelings up, feelings which if allowed to surface might make them suicidal or homicidal. Perhaps they were bullied themselves, or worse abused by parents or priests or other trusted adults.
Yes, laughing at a funeral is not only inappropriate, insensitive and rude but it is a sign of something very troubling on a deeper level.
These kids are trying to keep the monsters in their own heads at bay.
These are children , not adults, so we cannot judge them by adult standards.
In a world as troubled as this do we really wonder that such behaviors are coming to light?
What has made these children so insensitive to others?
There is a cycle at work here that must be broken lest all our children suffer through similar situations.
The first step is to stop demonizing children and look deeper at what causes these behaviors.
They are crying for help by laughing, lest they become the targets of bullying themselves.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

3rd eye, I understand where you're coming from and I was of the same attitude. I have raised 4 sons and my oldest was bullied in school quite badly. We put him karate and taught him verbal skills to avoid conflict yet the bullying continued. My son was a fast learner and soon was winning competitions yet he still came home beaten up.
One day my youngest came running home to tell me that my oldest was getting beaten up. I ran down the street and saw him kneeling on the ground with another kid choking him from behind. When they saw me coming they all ran away. I asked what had happened and come to find out my son simply refused to fight anyone, he could not bear the thought of injuring another person.
We had raised our kids as Christians and he took it seriously to the point of where I believe he would have allowed himself to be killed rather than harm another person. He could have easily taken that other kid (and probably 2 or 3 more) and beat him to a pulp.
I admire my son for his commitment to non-violence. I never would have believed that someone so young could have such firm commitments to any principles - but he did.
Sorry to make such a long story of it.
My son may have lost every fight, but he kept his self-respect.
He now has 2 children of his own and is the most gentle, loving father you ever saw.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I live in the area, just 1 city over from Mentor in Willoughby and I can tell you this is one of the worst places to live in terms of having a peaceful life. Lake County, Ohio is on of the nastiest, racist, hill billy, scum of the earth places I've ever been. I'm moving to Cali ASAP.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Mentor is right outside of Cleveland. It's far enough out that it is becoming rural. A very "might makes right" area and there is little tolerance for being different. They don't have to tolerate you because they shun being PC. It's Joe the Plumber territory. Believe me it gets worse going south until you get to Columbus and then worse yet after you go south of Columbus. By the time you get to Cincinatti the cops can kill you for being black and no one will say anything.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I said this in about the thread of the 7 year old and it applies here as well.... If we cant have compassion for each other we will destroy each other.

posted on Oct, 12 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This should be intolerable! How the F@%& could the parents of the bullies not beat their kids and throw them on the streets for something like that!

I can't believe what is happening and wish one of us people could do something.
Education systems should have severe punishment for this. Not just temporary suspension.
Education has gone to Hell. No more peace full learning environment.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I live in Mentor Ohio. I graduated from the high school in 09'. Its awful this is happening in my home town, however, alot of what you hear in the news is over-dramatized, for example the drug overdose death was accidental by a drug-abuser, not a suicide attempt.

Whats scarier then these suicides in my school, my town, is kids that are living. That is, how they are living. Alot of my graduating class has become drug addicts, pill-popping junkies. this is a troubled town.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I found out that they used electronic mind control in school in london in 1992. If thats happeneing in uk, its definately happening in usa.

The school teachers and pupils wanted to totally humilate me with it, and found it great fun. SO teachers and schools, are just as much involved in bullying as other students.

Pure evil, is not even strong enough. But man there must be so many bad schools and teachers and students in society that destroy lifes.

If i left school and commited suicide like they wanted, they would of laughed so much too. People are pure scum. I would not be surprised if the media, make these scum into heroes, for getting people to commit suicide.

I can fully beleive that people at school, namely teachers and students would try to get people to commit suicide, and laugh about it.

edit on 10/26/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join