It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Changes?Unexplained Crevice Appears in Michigan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by theregonnakillme

Awful close to there anyway...

Hard to say, but I would be keeping my eye on that crack...

www.aapg.org...

edit on 7-10-2010 by freetree64 because: (no reason given)

g

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Probably not related, but check out this current weather map from "NOAA" very odd radar tonight....10-7-10

radar.weather.gov...

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Anybody think this might be a precursor to 2012 and a "2012 film-like event" might actually happen?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
This looks related but the link is either broken or I don't have permission to access it.
MichSeis

It's from the University of Michigan. The top link on the left table under the heading "MichSeis Resources" reads "Recent "ground-breaking" earthquake recorded by MichSeis". I'm trying to find another way to the information, but I wanted to throw it out there in case any of you were able to access it.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

I had the same problem.Wonder why its like that?

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

I'm thinking that it is only supposed to be used by people related with the UM geological department. I found the website on the USGS website and almost all of the links do this. I don't know what the purpose would be in advertising the website's presence if outsiders arn't allowed to look around.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by glitch88

Exactly!Why put it out there if they will not allow access?I think its BS!!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I've heard of phenomena like this before...nothing new.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The ground did not sink in this case. It puffed up and split open with an audible boom. What kind of forces had to be applied, from below, to cause this to happen???

I am not one of those people panicked by HAARP, but it makes you wonder where the energy came from that created this? The only other thing I could think of is that something that was underground and stretched that distance, perhaps a large growing thing like a mushroom string, just exploded.

Well, maybe not.
but it would be nice to have a logical explanation.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
A disk of sandy clay soil that has become very dry hard and brittle and is resting on a long peaked ridge of rock will will raise up and shrivel around its edges, once a good rain hits it it sags down and causes the sandy clay deposit to crack along the ridge of rock. seen it before.

Kinda funny its in the news lol, ZOMG 2012 it t3h shifting!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I live in south-eastern Arizona. We have something similar that happens all the time around here. People way overpopulate the area so quickly it defies the imagination and drill for ground-water. When the water level drops a great deal really quickly, the ground will give way in various (often loud) ways. There is a place only a few miles from my home that we refer to as, "the sinking desert" where there are fissures nearly a mile long, a good 10-20 feet across and deep enough that in some areas (when they were fresh anyway) you couldn't even see the bottom.
I'm not saying that that's what's going on there, but at least it's something to consider.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Macomb County which is East of where I live borders on Lake St. Clair, at one time a large area of Macomb County was swampland, over the past 100 years most of it was landfilled, suburbs and subdivisions popped up though out the whole area. In recent years there have been a lot of sinkholes and fissures because of that, another problem was that the builders who were putting up these homes buried left over wood in backyards and as the wood degraded over the years it caused sinkholes in many backyards. If you live in that area you have to have flood insurance and sump pumps in your basement as it's common for water to back up into your home.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
That sounds like what happened in the movie 2012,really horrible,dose it have something to do with groundwater exploitation?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
i see crevices like these all the time in upstate new york in the woods. Dont have a clue how they are formed, but I dont think its a unique or big deal of any kind.

Now if lava or something started to ooze out that would be something

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The crevice I could comprehend for all reasons that have been given....but the fact that the tree's are 30 degree's slanted in 2 different directions on both sides of the crack make me think it could be something unusual and more sinister.

Link

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by erumisato

wow i can really hear the sound of trees still breaking and cracking when he filmed it!
seems like it's a slow process and only affects the outer layer of the soil. let's wait for the official report from US geological survey and the team from Michigan Tech.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pendekar

The sound you heard was more than likely the videographer stepping on fallen leaves and twigs. We're well into fall and the colors have been going pretty good - In fact, this is the peak week for it.

As far as the sinkhole is concerned, I think they may be exaggerating the story a bit. I highly doubt the sound and shaking, as it would have been picked up by seismographs around the world. From a quick look, there doesn't appear to be any activity seismically. Michigan also has a lot of affects from glaciation on its landscape, which may have caused the sink hole.

Also, the people they interviewed had distinctly non-Yooper dialects. That's the only suspicious thing to me.

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

edit on 8-10-2010 by abrowning because: meh

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hmm...since no really wacko statements have been made...let me be the first.

I think this is evidence of demons being let loose from their underground prison and this is some evidence of some Bible passage...blah, blah, blah.

End of the World is near! Oh Noes!

In actuality, I'd say it has a lot more to do with underground water shifting that anything else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join